Whittington and The Handleys Walk

Revolution House 'This historic building takes its name from the "Glorious Revolution" ... In the spring of 1688 three noblemen met on Whittington Moor. The 4th Earl of Derbyshire, John D'Arcy and the Earl of Danby were driven by heavy rain into this alehouse. They used it as a "plotting parlour" to plan their part in deposing Catholic James II in order to bring his daughter Mary and her husband, William of Orange to the throne - the rest is history ...'

Distance (miles)
8
Starting from
Revolution House Museum, Old Whittington, , Chesterfield
Overview

'Allow 4-6 hours, plus time to visit Revolution House.'

Description from
Visits to the Website
932
Views of 'Full' Record
3245