Around and About, Oadby & Wigston
'This booklet was produced by the Stepping Stones Project, based at Leicestershire County Council and Active Together at Oadby and Wigston Borough Council. The booklet contains 10 lunchtime walks (1hr or less) within the Borough that range from the treed avenues of the University area to the countryside on your doorstep.'
John Foster Hall, University of Leicester, Oadby & Wigston
Six short walks around and about the campus of the University of Leicester.
'Oakham, the county town of Rutland, is a classic English market town, mentioned in the Domesday Book of 1086. It has a castle, market place, butter cross and stocks, a famous old school, all in close association with a magnificent parish church and arranged in a rectangular shape around which the town has grown ...'
Toys Hill, Brasted Chart, Sevenoaks
Kington, North Herefordshire
Six walks around and about the local bus Route 41, operated by Sargeants: 1 - Walton to Kington; 2 - Titley to Kington; 3 - Presteigne to Kington; 4 - Norton to Knighton; 5 - Knucklas to Knighton; 6 - Five Turnings to Knighton. Note that these specific Walks no longer seem to be promoted on the (re-engineered) 'Shropshire Walking' Website - but you might be able to download details from the Offa's Dyke Path National Trail or Car Free Walks Websites.
Sedbury, Forest of Dean
'We are an independent voluntary organisation that provides information and other services to people who enjoy exploring the heritage and countryside of the England-Wales border. We seek to promote and protect the 1200-year-old Offa's Dyke and the Offa's Dyke Path.'
Offa's Dyke Path [National Trails]
'This route was originally a Waggonway coming from Cowdenbeath and Crossgates to St David's Harbour in Inverkeithing Bay. It was used to export coal and minerals from the mines around Cowdenbeath and Crossgates for shipping from Inverkeithing. The Fordell Railway was still in use in 1939.'
'This page is designed to give you a taste of old Harwich by showing you a few of its old buildings in a route that should take you about 30 minutes on foot. '
Amesbury Sports Centre, Salisbury
'Walk from Amesbury which follows footpaths to Old Sarum giving good views across Salisbury to the famous Cathedral spire. The return route crosses the beautiful Woodford Valley.'
South Newton, Salisbury
'Does a complete circle around Salisbury. The route uses existing public roads, public rights of way and some newly created permitted paths. Some sections of the footpath are waymarked by a metal plate attached to wooden posts which show a picture of the cathedral spire.'
Old Sarum Way [GPS Cycling & Walking Routes]
Around and About, Oldham
'To celebrate our twenty-fifth anniversary we published a book containing 25 of our favourite walks. We have now decided to publish these walks on our web site so they will be available for all to enjoy ... If you have enjoyed one or more of these walks why not show your appreciation by making a donation to Oldham Mountain Rescue ?'
Around and About, Oldham
'There are some areas of Oldham where you can enjoy the land without having to stay on footpaths. Most of these open access areas are moorland and common land within the hills of the South Pennines.'
'A number of pieces of art have been installed along the length of the Huddersfield Canal through Oldham, to reflect images of life on the canal. These have been designed by a number of local artists, with the inspiration from local school children. They fall into three areas: gateways features along the length of the canal, a mural in Dobcross and play areas in Diggle.'
Clarence Hotel, Greenfield, Oldham
'In 2015 the Oldham Way is to be relaunched with hopefully our Real Oldham Way being adopted, thereby removing the road sections and perambulating through Moston Brook which is well on the way to be a new country park!'
'This page is for those who like to walk on the coast but prefer round walks to linear ones. This is the format: descriptions, Oliver's Diary, detailed route directions, GPS data and information about parking, refreshments, interest etc. As at November 2015 a total of 46 walks are included here, listed in a counter-clockwise direction, starting at Northcott Mouth, and finishing at Kingsand. From time to time I shall add other walks, probably in a random order ...'
Bude, West Cornwall
'This is the (almost) complete guide to the Cornish Coast Path. It carries Descriptions of each of 36 suggested stages, Oliver's Diary, Notes of Interest on and off the Coast Path, GPS Data and Useful Information on parking, transport, refreshments and more. Where possible I have included features on places of interest along the way ... '
Liverpool Street Railway Station, City of London
'Where can Games-goers in need of a few hours' escape find a decent walk in varied surroundings that's only a hop, skip and jump away from Olympic Park? Opting for the bustle of markets and the open atmosphere of London's waterways, we set off in search of breakfast at a market stall, a chat with the animals in the city farm and some quality idling by canal and river.'
Tourist Information Centre, Omagh
'The Visitor to Omagh will absorb quite a bit of the town's history and character in the course of this little walk, which should take about an hour. Omagh has been a market town, a garrison town, and the county town of Tyrone since 1768 ...'
'Feed your curiosity with over 200 gardens to explore in this magical two-day event. Gardens range from the historic and traditional to the new and experimental and can be discovered across 27 London boroughs.' Latest Dates 18-19 June 2016.
'This is our own annual challenge event with a choice of three distances - 30, 24 or 14 miles. It is based in Cilcain near Mold and is highly regarded attracting upwards of 100 participants most years.' Latest Date 17 September 2016.
Around and About, Orkney Islands
'The Core Paths Plan includes a suite of maps showing the core paths for each area or island. The Plan and accompanying maps can be viewed by following the links ...'
Around and About, Orkney Islands
'The Land Reform Scotland Act 2003 requires each Local Authority to set up at least one Local Access Forum to advise it, any other person or body who asks for advice, on issues that arise in relation to the management of outdoor access. Local Access Forums have a key role to play in outdoor access. It is hoped they will become valued new local institutions – independent, expert and trusted – that can help access authorities, land managers and access users.'
Around and About, Orkney Islands
'Covering most of Orkney, these guides offer a variety of walks taking in historical sites, dramatic scenery, wildlife and things you might find along the way. Easy to follow maps along well established paths and trails.' Unfortunately the Website originally referenced here seems no longer available; so I have replaced the Link.
Oswestry, North Shropshire
Recently Added Listings
- *Sherpa ExpeditionsCategory: Across the UK
- *EasyWaysCategory: Scotland
- England Coast Path - Camber to FolkestoneCategory: KentDistance (miles): 29
- *HikideasCategory: Across the UK
- England Coast Path - Filey Brigg to North GareCategory: North YorkshireDistance (miles): 68
- Ullswater WayCategory: EdenDistance (miles): 20
- Two Roses WayCategory: LancashireDistance (miles): 96
- *Berkshire WalkersCategory: Berkshire
- *Medal Routes - Aberdeen CityCategory: City of Aberdeen
- *Lucy's Walk Around BritainCategory: Across the UK
- *Lancashire Parks & GardensCategory: Lancashire
- Scottish Coast-to-Coast WalkCategory: ArgyllshireDistance (miles): 128
- Tan Hill Inn WalkCategory: RichmondshireDistance (miles): 10
- *Dyrham ParkCategory: South GloucestershireSize (acreage): 270
- *Gazetteer for ScotlandCategory: Paths & Trails in UK Local Government
- Shropshire Countryside Access and Public Rights of WayCategory: Shropshire
- *Walking in CumbriaCategory: Cumbria
- *WithinWarwickshireCategory: Warwickshire
- Harlech Town History TrailCategory: Merioneth
- Craik Muir Roman RoadCategory: RoxburghshireDistance (miles): 8
- *Ramblers - Sussex AreaCategory: Sussex
- Jane Eyre Hathersage TrailCategory: Derbyshire DalesDistance (miles): 6
- *Crychan ForestCategory: Brecknockshire
- *Anglesey Walking HolidaysCategory: Anglesey
- *Creative Rural Communities 'Vale Trails'Category: Vale of Glamorgan
- Barrow Circle TrailCategory: West DorsetDistance (miles): 6
- St Birinus Pilgrimage Route: Churn Knob - DorchesterCategory: South OxfordshireDistance (miles): 11
- Tramway TrailCategory: Aylesbury ValeDistance (miles): 6
- *Langport Two Day Walking FestivalCategory: South Somerset
- *National Sculpture Trail DirectoryCategory: Across the UK
- *Milton Keynes CouncilCategory: Milton Keynes
- *Holy Ghost CemeteryCategory: Basingstoke & DeaneSize (acreage): 3
- *Hartsholme Country Park and Swanholme Lakes Local Nature ReserveCategory: LincolnSize (acreage): 200
- *Finlaystone Country EstateCategory: RenfrewshireSize (acreage): 140
- Public Rights of Way in RutlandCategory: Rutland
- Cuilcagh WayCategory: Fermanagh & OmaghDistance (miles): 20
- *Hook Common and Bartley HeathCategory: HartSize (acreage): 330
- *Kent Health WalksCategory: Kent
- *Monmouth - Walkers Are WelcomeCategory: Monmouthshire
- Up & Doon Guided WalksCategory: Scotland
- *Plymouth RamblersCategory: Plymouth
- Sandwood BayCategory: SutherlandDistance (miles): 8
- *Global Adventure ChallengesCategory: Across the UK
- Rhondda RollercoasterCategory: Rhondda Cynon TafDistance (miles): 27
- Leamington and Warwick Riverside WalkCategory: WarwickDistance (miles): 4
- Rogation Sunday Boundary WalkCategory: MaidstoneDistance (miles): 8
- Nottingham Architectural Ale TrailCategory: Nottingham
- *Britain's Best Accessible Woods and Nature TrailsCategory: Across the UK
- Along the River Valley to Earls ColneCategory: BraintreeDistance (miles): 6
- Roadway Arts Walking TrailCategory: RedditchDistance (miles): 2
- >>> ALL Listings