Around and About, Hackney
'The Hackney Parks Forum have created a series of leaflets mapping walks through a number of Hackney's parks and open spaces. The leaflets include information about the parks, walking distances and helpful maps.'
Around and About, Hackney
'The Hackney Society works to preserve Hackney's unique heritage and make the area a better place in which to live and work. The Society was formed in 1967 to involve and support local people in the conservation and regeneration of Hackney's built environment and public spaces.'
Hadfield Hall, Hadfield, High Peak
'Officially opened in 2012 following a project by a group of residents to celebrate the area's rich heritage. The trail, funded by the Heritage Lottery Fund and other local contributions, provides an opportunity for everyone who lives in or visits the area to enjoy its historical and environmental diversity ... You can follow one of four colour-coded trails, and along each you'll find a number of information boards that describe the characteristics of the area you're in.'
Hadfield & Padfield Heritage Trail Group
'Designed ... to provide a lasting legacy for the 2012 Olympic Games. The route starts near the Hadleigh Mountain Bike Centre and makes a meandering route across some of the most beautiful parts of Essex to the White Water Centre near Waltham Abbey. From here the route heads south to Stratford and the main Olympic Stadium.' However, note that the description of this Walk seems to have been removed from the Essex Area Website - although it is still listed in the 'Library' of the South East Essex Ramblers.
Hadleigh to Stratford Legacy Walk [GPS Cycle & Walking Routes]
'A walk along the little-known western coastal Hadrianic frontier based upon the thesis that the Roman defences extended south beyond Maryport as far as Ravenglass, with its Roman Fort - Glannoventa.'
Clifford Jones is the originator of the thesis and 'writes walking guides about Roman routes in the area. His first book, Hadrian's Coastal Route is published elsewhere. The second, Eastern Hadrianic Way, is published by BJAP [Buckland Jones Archaeological Press]'.
Segedunum Roman Fort, Buddle Street, Wallsend, North Tyneside
'An unbroken 84-mile signposted trail stretching from coast-to-coast, from Wallsend in the east to Bowness-on-solway in the west.'
Between Cwmystwyth and Pontrhydygroes, near Devil's Bridge, Ceredigion
'Hafod Uchtryd, 12 miles south-east of Aberystwyth, is recognised as one of the finest examples in Europe of a Picturesque landscape ... Five way-marked walks, of varying length and difficulty, enable visitors to explore the Hafod landscape on foot. All are signed from the church car park, where a guide map can be purchased from a dispensing machine (takes 2 x £1 coins). The guide map is also available from Tourist Information Centres, by post from the Estate Office, or through this website ...'
Camelot Car Park, Lambourne End, Epping Forest
'The woods in these country parks on the outskirts of London are all former hunting grounds providing venison for the kinsg's table. At Bedfords Park this is commemorated with a deer park holding a herd of red deer, managed by the London Borough of Havering, and in all the woods there are fallow and muntjac deer living wild.'
'Halcyon Gallery has arranged for the public placement of four of Lorenzo Quinn's monumental sculptures at sites throughout central London: Volare in Cadogan Place, SW1, Finding Love at One Hyde Park, the new luxury residences from Candy & Candy, SW1, Vroom Vroom on Park Lane, opposite The Dorchester, W1 and The Force of Nature II in Berkeley Square, W1 ... '
'Modern Halesworth probably dates from the middle Saxon period. There is evidence of a settlement here in 850 - 1150 AD. By the 11th Century, Halesworth had moved to the top of the ridge - to the East of the church, gradually developing and growing into the town as we know it today. This Trail will guide you around the town with notes to illustrate some of the events that occured in the history of Halesworth.'
'22 Walks in the Historic Parishes of Haltwhistle, Northumberland'
'Whilst Walking in and around Hadrian's Wall Country please remember that "every footstep counts" particularly during the wet winter months. You can help protect Hadrian's Wall Country and one of the great wonders of the world by following the simple advice below ...'
Haltwhistle Centre of Britain
Kingston Railway Station, Kingston upon Thames
Ham House Richmond [GPS Cycle & Walking Routes]
Royal Victoria Country Park, Eastleigh
Hamble Rail Trail [Worthing Wanderer]
'This relatively easy walk belies its six miles and takes in both pretty villages (Old Burleston and Hamble) at the start, and some great coastal views out over the River Hamble later on.'
Around and About, Eastleigh
'Hamble Valley & Eastleigh Heritage Guides are a group of volunteers who run guided walks across the Hamble Valley. Have a look at our schedule of walks, pick one you fancy. We'll see you there!'
'Hambledon is a great area for walking as there is an extensive network of footpaths, mostly well-maintained and waymarked with yellow arrows on small disks provided by Hampshire County Council (bridleways have blue arrows). The Wayfarers Walk, a long distance path that goes right across Hampshire, goes through the village on its way from Soberton to Denmead.'
'A fairly easy walk through fields, along quiet roads and tracks - with some steps, gates and muddy areas.'
Four Discovery Trails designed by pupils at local schools discovering more about their local area.
Around and About, Hammersmith & Fulham
'This curriculum resource has been produced with financial support from the Heritage Lottery Fund. It aims to increase young people's knowledge and appreciation of Hammersmith and Fulham's history and heritage.'
West Brompton Underground and Rail Station, Hammersmith & Fulham
'This walk explores some of the lesser-known garden squares, parks, churchyards and cemeteries in the London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham, and takes in part of the Thames Path.'
Around and About, Hammersmith & Fulham
Local walking for health improvement 'Walkwell is the Hammersmith and Fulham brand encouraging people to take regular walks around local parks and areas of interest. The programme is very inclusive and would benefit the health of everyone, whether on a self guided amble or joining one of the volunteer lead walks.'
London Borough of Hammersmith & Fulham
Hulme End, Staffordshire Moorlands
'Provides easy access for all, mainly following the Manifold Track, a resurfaced section of the old Leek & Manifold Valley Light Railway line, between Hulme End and Waterhouses.'
'Hampshire Countryside Access Forum is an advisory body working to improve your enjoyment of Hampshire’s countryside whilst safe-guarding its future ... The New Forest and South Downs are outside this Forum's area – they are covered by our neighbouring Forums, the New Forest Access Forum and the South Downs Local Access Forum.'
'From open coast to rolling hills and river valleys, Hampshire's countryside has something for everyone. Here we offer a choice of attractive sites with facilities for less mobile visitors.'
Recently Added Listings
- *Sherpa ExpeditionsCategory: Across the UK
- *EasyWaysCategory: Scotland
- England Coast Path - Camber to FolkestoneCategory: KentDistance (miles): 29
- *HikideasCategory: Across the UK
- England Coast Path - Filey Brigg to North GareCategory: North YorkshireDistance (miles): 68
- Ullswater WayCategory: EdenDistance (miles): 20
- Two Roses WayCategory: LancashireDistance (miles): 96
- *Berkshire WalkersCategory: Berkshire
- *Medal Routes - Aberdeen CityCategory: City of Aberdeen
- *Lucy's Walk Around BritainCategory: Across the UK
- *Lancashire Parks & GardensCategory: Lancashire
- Scottish Coast-to-Coast WalkCategory: ArgyllshireDistance (miles): 128
- Tan Hill Inn WalkCategory: RichmondshireDistance (miles): 10
- *Dyrham ParkCategory: South GloucestershireSize (acreage): 270
- *Gazetteer for ScotlandCategory: Paths & Trails in UK Local Government
- Shropshire Countryside Access and Public Rights of WayCategory: Shropshire
- *Walking in CumbriaCategory: Cumbria
- *WithinWarwickshireCategory: Warwickshire
- Harlech Town History TrailCategory: Merioneth
- Craik Muir Roman RoadCategory: RoxburghshireDistance (miles): 8
- *Ramblers - Sussex AreaCategory: Sussex
- Jane Eyre Hathersage TrailCategory: Derbyshire DalesDistance (miles): 6
- *Crychan ForestCategory: Brecknockshire
- *Anglesey Walking HolidaysCategory: Anglesey
- *Creative Rural Communities 'Vale Trails'Category: Vale of Glamorgan
- Barrow Circle TrailCategory: West DorsetDistance (miles): 6
- St Birinus Pilgrimage Route: Churn Knob - DorchesterCategory: South OxfordshireDistance (miles): 11
- Tramway TrailCategory: Aylesbury ValeDistance (miles): 6
- *Langport Two Day Walking FestivalCategory: South Somerset
- *National Sculpture Trail DirectoryCategory: Across the UK
- *Milton Keynes CouncilCategory: Milton Keynes
- *Holy Ghost CemeteryCategory: Basingstoke & DeaneSize (acreage): 3
- *Hartsholme Country Park and Swanholme Lakes Local Nature ReserveCategory: LincolnSize (acreage): 200
- *Finlaystone Country EstateCategory: RenfrewshireSize (acreage): 140
- Public Rights of Way in RutlandCategory: Rutland
- Cuilcagh WayCategory: Fermanagh & OmaghDistance (miles): 20
- *Hook Common and Bartley HeathCategory: HartSize (acreage): 330
- *Kent Health WalksCategory: Kent
- *Monmouth - Walkers Are WelcomeCategory: Monmouthshire
- Up & Doon Guided WalksCategory: Scotland
- *Plymouth RamblersCategory: Plymouth
- Sandwood BayCategory: SutherlandDistance (miles): 8
- *Global Adventure ChallengesCategory: Across the UK
- Rhondda RollercoasterCategory: Rhondda Cynon TafDistance (miles): 27
- Leamington and Warwick Riverside WalkCategory: WarwickDistance (miles): 4
- Rogation Sunday Boundary WalkCategory: MaidstoneDistance (miles): 8
- Nottingham Architectural Ale TrailCategory: Nottingham
- *Britain's Best Accessible Woods and Nature TrailsCategory: Across the UK
- Along the River Valley to Earls ColneCategory: BraintreeDistance (miles): 6
- Roadway Arts Walking TrailCategory: RedditchDistance (miles): 2
- >>> ALL Listings