Paths and Trails 'Information about the wealth of marked trails available in Warwickshire and the different types of waymarker which show you the status of a right of way (e.g. footpath, bridleway or byway)'.
'Our boundaries mirror those of the old Warwickshire county and include Solihull, Coventry and Birmingham, (now West Midlands), where many of our members live. The Area contains some great walking country - amazingly there are over 1740 miles of public rights-of-way in Warwickshire alone.'
'Leisurely stroll or uphill exhilaration? A walk on the wildlife side or skirting battlefield and historic house? A network of trails WithinWarwickshire threads through truly varied scenes that stretch legs and imaginations.'
Kingsbury Water Park
'Warwickshire's Centenary Way was established by the Council in 1989 to celebrate its 100th anniversary ... This 100 mile Path starts at Kingsbury Water Park in the north of the county and winds its way down to Upper Quinton on the Gloucestershire border. The route can be followed on Ordnance Survey Explorer Maps.'
Warwickshire's Centenary Way Geoff Allen and John Roberts (Walkways, 1996)
'Geochaches can be found in or around Warwickshire Country Parks, for example:  Burton Dassett - - - :  Hartshill Hayes - - - :  Kingsbury Water Park - - - :  Ryton Pools - - - :  Kenilworth Greenway - - - :  Offchurch Greenway - - - :  Stratford Greenway ...'
Rugby Railway Station, Rugby
'This attractive route links Rugby and Leamington Spa passing pretty villages, wildlife reserves, reservoirs and canals. From the centre of Rugby, the route follows the Great Central Way, and soon passes two Wildlife Trust Sites: Ashlawn Cutting and Cock Robin Wood ...'
Hawkesbury Junction, Nuneaton & Bedworth
The Oxford Canal is 'a long-distance route, following the towpath for 77 miles from Oxford to Hawkesbury. The gentle engineering of the canal, with few lock flights, means that the walking is always easy, and the scenery is stunning'. The Walk itself can (also) begin 'near Hawkesbury Village at Hawkesbury Junction, also known as Sutton Stop, where it connects with the Coventry Canal, four miles from the centre of Coventry'.
Oxford Canal [Canal Guide]
'It’s a simple vision: to plant, protect and preserve a huge broadleaf forest – a place of tranquility and natural beauty that’s open to anyone and planted with the help and support of everyone ... The Forest stretches across the heart of England – from the ancient Forest of Arden, south to the edge of the Vale of Evesham. It’s an area dense in cities, towns and industry. Which is why we’re creating a place to walk under shady canopies and through airy glades, away from the bustle of city life.'
'A list of those promoted routes which meet certain criteria and are therefore supported by WCC [Warwickshire County Council]. This may mean that route-specific waymarking is permitted, or that we work in partnership with the promotes of the route. There will also normally be a link from the WCC website ... A Promoted Route is one which has a leaflet, guide book or website describing the route in sufficient detail that a member of the public could follow it with reasonable ease. ' List published March 2011.
'Members of the Forum are appointed by the three authorities to serve a term of either two or three years. The Forum’s membership is made up of people with an interest in the countryside and access, though not necessarily representatives of organisations. Interests that it is hoped to have represented by the Forum include:  walking, cycling, horseriding and recreational motor vehicle use - - - :  landownership and land management - - - :  accessibility - - - :  tourism - - - :  access provision - - - :  relevant professions'
Recently Added Listings
- *Sherpa ExpeditionsCategory: Across the UK
- *EasyWaysCategory: Scotland
- England Coast Path - Camber to FolkestoneCategory: KentDistance (miles): 29
- *HikideasCategory: Across the UK
- England Coast Path - Filey Brigg to North GareCategory: North YorkshireDistance (miles): 68
- Ullswater WayCategory: EdenDistance (miles): 20
- Two Roses WayCategory: LancashireDistance (miles): 96
- *Berkshire WalkersCategory: Berkshire
- *Medal Routes - Aberdeen CityCategory: City of Aberdeen
- *Lucy's Walk Around BritainCategory: Across the UK
- *Lancashire Parks & GardensCategory: Lancashire
- Scottish Coast-to-Coast WalkCategory: ArgyllshireDistance (miles): 128
- Tan Hill Inn WalkCategory: RichmondshireDistance (miles): 10
- *Dyrham ParkCategory: South GloucestershireSize (acreage): 270
- *Gazetteer for ScotlandCategory: Paths & Trails in UK Local Government
- Shropshire Countryside Access and Public Rights of WayCategory: Shropshire
- *Walking in CumbriaCategory: Cumbria
- *WithinWarwickshireCategory: Warwickshire
- Harlech Town History TrailCategory: Merioneth
- Craik Muir Roman RoadCategory: RoxburghshireDistance (miles): 8
- *Ramblers - Sussex AreaCategory: Sussex
- Jane Eyre Hathersage TrailCategory: Derbyshire DalesDistance (miles): 6
- *Crychan ForestCategory: Brecknockshire
- *Anglesey Walking HolidaysCategory: Anglesey
- *Creative Rural Communities 'Vale Trails'Category: Vale of Glamorgan
- Barrow Circle TrailCategory: West DorsetDistance (miles): 6
- St Birinus Pilgrimage Route: Churn Knob - DorchesterCategory: South OxfordshireDistance (miles): 11
- Tramway TrailCategory: Aylesbury ValeDistance (miles): 6
- *Langport Two Day Walking FestivalCategory: South Somerset
- *National Sculpture Trail DirectoryCategory: Across the UK
- *Milton Keynes CouncilCategory: Milton Keynes
- *Holy Ghost CemeteryCategory: Basingstoke & DeaneSize (acreage): 3
- *Hartsholme Country Park and Swanholme Lakes Local Nature ReserveCategory: LincolnSize (acreage): 200
- *Finlaystone Country EstateCategory: RenfrewshireSize (acreage): 140
- Public Rights of Way in RutlandCategory: Rutland
- Cuilcagh WayCategory: Fermanagh & OmaghDistance (miles): 20
- *Hook Common and Bartley HeathCategory: HartSize (acreage): 330
- *Kent Health WalksCategory: Kent
- *Monmouth - Walkers Are WelcomeCategory: Monmouthshire
- Up & Doon Guided WalksCategory: Scotland
- *Plymouth RamblersCategory: Plymouth
- Sandwood BayCategory: SutherlandDistance (miles): 8
- *Global Adventure ChallengesCategory: Across the UK
- Rhondda RollercoasterCategory: Rhondda Cynon TafDistance (miles): 27
- Leamington and Warwick Riverside WalkCategory: WarwickDistance (miles): 4
- Rogation Sunday Boundary WalkCategory: MaidstoneDistance (miles): 8
- Nottingham Architectural Ale TrailCategory: Nottingham
- *Britain's Best Accessible Woods and Nature TrailsCategory: Across the UK
- Along the River Valley to Earls ColneCategory: BraintreeDistance (miles): 6
- Roadway Arts Walking TrailCategory: RedditchDistance (miles): 2
- >>> ALL Listings