'Countryside sites ... Circular walks in East Sussex ... Long distance walks ... Guided walks and environmental events ... Fitness walks ... Walks on other websites ...'
'We organise walks and events in East and West Sussex - and occasionally further afield. Walks vary in length but are normally between 15 and 25 miles, depending upon the season. They offer a challenge and the opportunity to explore new areas and meet new people. You are most welcome to join any walk in the programme.'
'There are stargazing walks, romantic rambles, beachside walks and pub trails for you to enjoy in Sussex.' Note that the Web pages originally cited here could not now be found; so the Link has been replaced by something more generic within the 'New' NT Website.
'Per-Rambulations looks for ways that go beyond mere mileage. Walking is more than a way to go between two points as quickly as possible. It is important to "see" the countryside rather than just looking at it. If we were to have a "mission statement" the nearest we would admit to is the last verse of W H Davies' poem Leisure "A poor life this if, full of care, We have no time to stand and stare".'
'Has over 3,000 kilometres of Rights of Way for you to walk on. With the South Downs Way, a National Trail stretching the entire length of the National Park, as well as many Country Parks, woodlands and other countryside sites there are routes to suit everyone.'
'We usually go out on the second Sunday of the month, including occasional forays with our neighbouring GOC groups ... Walks are normally 6 to 10 miles and designed to cover a range of abilities and tastes. We often bring our own packed lunches or stop for a pub lunch ... Most afternoons end with fresh tea and coffee at the meeting point plus a range of delicious cakes supplied by our members.'
'We are an independent club of around 200 local people ... with a common interest in walking for pleasure in the Sussex countryside. Our membership is drawn from across Sussex and beyond, joining us from near and far to enjoy our walks.'
'Welcome to the East Sussex Health Walks. We offer free short walks which last no longer than an hour and some walks also have the option of a 30 minute walk. Our programme consists of community health walks which are open to all and walks for specific groups. The walks take place every week throughout the year (but not on public holidays and bank holidays) unless otherwise stated ...'
Access to free downloadable Walks around and about Sussex, categorized into about three dozen places throughout the East and West Sussex. The number of links for each place varies from a handful to a dozen or so - except for Brighton and expecially for Chichester each of which has several dozen walks listed and ready for download.
'With some of the most beautiful countryside in England, West Sussex is one of the most wooded counties in the country. 80% of the county is rural and over 50% of it is designated as Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Whether you want a stroll by the sea, a wander in the woods or a hike over the Downs, there are plenty of routes to explore.'
Horley, Reigate & Banstead
'Runs from Horley to Brighton. Invented by a commuter who had looked out of the train window for years but never walked in the countryside, each section of the walk starts and ends at a railway station.'
Near to Bishop Luffa school, Westgate, Chichester
'A route between Chichester and West Dean following the line of part of the disused Chichester to Midhurst railway.'
Jerwood Gallery, Hastings, Hastings
'3 Award-Winning Galleries - Towner Art Gallery in Eastbourne, De La Warr Pavilion in Bexhill and the Jerwood Gallery in Hastings - connected by 25 miles of coastline in East Sussex.'
St Martha on the Hill, Guildford
'Advice is provided to the Council and other organisations to improve access to the countryside for recreation whilst protecting wildlife and the landscape ... Meetings are open to the public ... You can download minutes of recent meetings.'
'East Sussex has around 2,000 miles (3,218km) of footpaths, bridleways and byways. These public rights of way give access to some of the most beautiful countryside in the County ... The Rights of Way Map covers the whole county and lets you zoom in to any area to show the footpaths, bridleways and byways in that location. You can also find out if there are any stiles, gates or bridges on the paths.'
'Since 2012 I have explored over 140 miles of Kent & Sussex shoreline in day walks. My intention is to publish an ebook of my journey for everyone to enjoy ...' Sixty Walks in total.
Recently Added Listings
- *Sherpa ExpeditionsCategory: Across the UK
- *EasyWaysCategory: Scotland
- England Coast Path - Camber to FolkestoneCategory: KentDistance (miles): 29
- *HikideasCategory: Across the UK
- England Coast Path - Filey Brigg to North GareCategory: North YorkshireDistance (miles): 68
- Ullswater WayCategory: EdenDistance (miles): 20
- Two Roses WayCategory: LancashireDistance (miles): 96
- *Berkshire WalkersCategory: Berkshire
- *Medal Routes - Aberdeen CityCategory: City of Aberdeen
- *Lucy's Walk Around BritainCategory: Across the UK
- *Lancashire Parks & GardensCategory: Lancashire
- Scottish Coast-to-Coast WalkCategory: ArgyllshireDistance (miles): 128
- Tan Hill Inn WalkCategory: RichmondshireDistance (miles): 10
- *Dyrham ParkCategory: South GloucestershireSize (acreage): 270
- *Gazetteer for ScotlandCategory: Paths & Trails in UK Local Government
- Shropshire Countryside Access and Public Rights of WayCategory: Shropshire
- *Walking in CumbriaCategory: Cumbria
- *WithinWarwickshireCategory: Warwickshire
- Harlech Town History TrailCategory: Merioneth
- Craik Muir Roman RoadCategory: RoxburghshireDistance (miles): 8
- *Ramblers - Sussex AreaCategory: Sussex
- Jane Eyre Hathersage TrailCategory: Derbyshire DalesDistance (miles): 6
- *Crychan ForestCategory: Brecknockshire
- *Anglesey Walking HolidaysCategory: Anglesey
- *Creative Rural Communities 'Vale Trails'Category: Vale of Glamorgan
- Barrow Circle TrailCategory: West DorsetDistance (miles): 6
- St Birinus Pilgrimage Route: Churn Knob - DorchesterCategory: South OxfordshireDistance (miles): 11
- Tramway TrailCategory: Aylesbury ValeDistance (miles): 6
- *Langport Two Day Walking FestivalCategory: South Somerset
- *National Sculpture Trail DirectoryCategory: Across the UK
- *Milton Keynes CouncilCategory: Milton Keynes
- *Holy Ghost CemeteryCategory: Basingstoke & DeaneSize (acreage): 3
- *Hartsholme Country Park and Swanholme Lakes Local Nature ReserveCategory: LincolnSize (acreage): 200
- *Finlaystone Country EstateCategory: RenfrewshireSize (acreage): 140
- Public Rights of Way in RutlandCategory: Rutland
- Cuilcagh WayCategory: Fermanagh & OmaghDistance (miles): 20
- *Hook Common and Bartley HeathCategory: HartSize (acreage): 330
- *Kent Health WalksCategory: Kent
- *Monmouth - Walkers Are WelcomeCategory: Monmouthshire
- Up & Doon Guided WalksCategory: Scotland
- *Plymouth RamblersCategory: Plymouth
- Sandwood BayCategory: SutherlandDistance (miles): 8
- *Global Adventure ChallengesCategory: Across the UK
- Rhondda RollercoasterCategory: Rhondda Cynon TafDistance (miles): 27
- Leamington and Warwick Riverside WalkCategory: WarwickDistance (miles): 4
- Rogation Sunday Boundary WalkCategory: MaidstoneDistance (miles): 8
- Nottingham Architectural Ale TrailCategory: Nottingham
- *Britain's Best Accessible Woods and Nature TrailsCategory: Across the UK
- Along the River Valley to Earls ColneCategory: BraintreeDistance (miles): 6
- Roadway Arts Walking TrailCategory: RedditchDistance (miles): 2
- >>> ALL Listings