'Shropshire has over 3,500 miles of rights of way. A quarter of the county is designated as the Shropshire Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, so our long distance routes run through some of the most beautiful and varied landscapes you will find anywhere in Britain ... But it's not all long distance walks, we have some of the best circular walks in the Country.'
'Shropshire boasts many Walkers are Welcome towns, so you know that hospitality is assured whether you're on a day trip or a longer holiday. All of the towns work hard to maintain their surrounding footpaths, to offer excellent walking opportunities and to provide high quality walking information for both locals and visitors.'
'SYR is a group of like minded people in their 20s and 30s who enjoy the great outdoors. We welcome new members at any time but before joining we request that you come along to one of our walks. We often do "new member walks" which are typically relatively short and easy but if you already do some walking then feel free to along to one of our regular walks.'
Route 'devised to cover, as near as possible, all of the counties and areas served by Hope House Children’s Respite Hospice, a registered charity situated near Oswestry'.
The book The Hope House Way: a 335-mile Walk Around Shropshire, the Marches and Mid Wales for Hope House Children's Hospices by Mark Rowlands and published by the Rotary Club of Wrekin should be obtainable second-hand.
'Shropshire's long distance bridleway (for use by those on foot, bicycle and horseback). Comprising over 100 miles of rural bridleways and quiet country lanes, this trail takes you through some of Shropshire's most beautiful and unspoilt countryside.'
'Shropshire's Outdoor Recreation Team manages approximately 5500km of public footpaths, bridleways, byways open to all traffic (BOATs) and restricted byways (RBs). These form a network of routes which run between villages, lead to and from towns, and provide access to the countryside. The Outdoor Recreation Team manage these routes to ensure that they're open and clearly signed on the ground, recorded at the correct status and available on the correct line ...'
'We offer opportunities to volunteers to help us manage the 5500 kms of Public Rights of Way within the County ... The P3 scheme began in the early 1990’s and has thrived ever since, there are now some 60 groups carrying out thousands of hours of work each year.'
'If you wanted to know about the best walks in Shropshire who would you ask? We asked the real experts The local walkers. The individuals and groups, historians, lovers of flora and fauna, the volunteers who look after the stiles, bridges and paths: all have contributed. The result is the Shropshire Way. Not only the finest route around the Shropshire Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, but also the best possible set of day walks ...
A Guide which 'will take you to 12 wonderful places to explore across Shropshire. Each one provides its own rewards: superb views, wonderful wildlife and fascinating buildings and features from Shropshire's past will be yours to discover. The sites are listed in order of accessibility. The ones at the front of the guide are considered the most accessible. The sites towards the back are more challenging ...'
'Commemorate the effects of World War 1 on the homefront by partaking in our specially created World War 1 Shropshire Walk routes. Use the Map ... to see a leaflet for that particular route - each walk has been numbered.'
Recently Added Listings
- *Sherpa ExpeditionsCategory: Across the UK
- *EasyWaysCategory: Scotland
- England Coast Path - Camber to FolkestoneCategory: KentDistance (miles): 29
- *HikideasCategory: Across the UK
- England Coast Path - Filey Brigg to North GareCategory: North YorkshireDistance (miles): 68
- Ullswater WayCategory: EdenDistance (miles): 20
- Two Roses WayCategory: LancashireDistance (miles): 96
- *Berkshire WalkersCategory: Berkshire
- *Medal Routes - Aberdeen CityCategory: City of Aberdeen
- *Lucy's Walk Around BritainCategory: Across the UK
- *Lancashire Parks & GardensCategory: Lancashire
- Scottish Coast-to-Coast WalkCategory: ArgyllshireDistance (miles): 128
- Tan Hill Inn WalkCategory: RichmondshireDistance (miles): 10
- *Dyrham ParkCategory: South GloucestershireSize (acreage): 270
- *Gazetteer for ScotlandCategory: Paths & Trails in UK Local Government
- Shropshire Countryside Access and Public Rights of WayCategory: Shropshire
- *Walking in CumbriaCategory: Cumbria
- *WithinWarwickshireCategory: Warwickshire
- Harlech Town History TrailCategory: Merioneth
- Craik Muir Roman RoadCategory: RoxburghshireDistance (miles): 8
- *Ramblers - Sussex AreaCategory: Sussex
- Jane Eyre Hathersage TrailCategory: Derbyshire DalesDistance (miles): 6
- *Crychan ForestCategory: Brecknockshire
- *Anglesey Walking HolidaysCategory: Anglesey
- *Creative Rural Communities 'Vale Trails'Category: Vale of Glamorgan
- Barrow Circle TrailCategory: West DorsetDistance (miles): 6
- St Birinus Pilgrimage Route: Churn Knob - DorchesterCategory: South OxfordshireDistance (miles): 11
- Tramway TrailCategory: Aylesbury ValeDistance (miles): 6
- *Langport Two Day Walking FestivalCategory: South Somerset
- *National Sculpture Trail DirectoryCategory: Across the UK
- *Milton Keynes CouncilCategory: Milton Keynes
- *Holy Ghost CemeteryCategory: Basingstoke & DeaneSize (acreage): 3
- *Hartsholme Country Park and Swanholme Lakes Local Nature ReserveCategory: LincolnSize (acreage): 200
- *Finlaystone Country EstateCategory: RenfrewshireSize (acreage): 140
- Public Rights of Way in RutlandCategory: Rutland
- Cuilcagh WayCategory: Fermanagh & OmaghDistance (miles): 20
- *Hook Common and Bartley HeathCategory: HartSize (acreage): 330
- *Kent Health WalksCategory: Kent
- *Monmouth - Walkers Are WelcomeCategory: Monmouthshire
- Up & Doon Guided WalksCategory: Scotland
- *Plymouth RamblersCategory: Plymouth
- Sandwood BayCategory: SutherlandDistance (miles): 8
- *Global Adventure ChallengesCategory: Across the UK
- Rhondda RollercoasterCategory: Rhondda Cynon TafDistance (miles): 27
- Leamington and Warwick Riverside WalkCategory: WarwickDistance (miles): 4
- Rogation Sunday Boundary WalkCategory: MaidstoneDistance (miles): 8
- Nottingham Architectural Ale TrailCategory: Nottingham
- *Britain's Best Accessible Woods and Nature TrailsCategory: Across the UK
- Along the River Valley to Earls ColneCategory: BraintreeDistance (miles): 6
- Roadway Arts Walking TrailCategory: RedditchDistance (miles): 2
- >>> ALL Listings