'On Walkingworld you can find over 6500 routes, contributed by more than 450 walkers from all round Britain. This huge library of carefully prepared guides means you can find a good selection of walks, of varying lengths and grades, pretty well anywhere in the country.'
Details of about a dozen Walks - primarily around and about the Ochil Hills. Fee-based service.
Over two hundred descriptions of Walks: you can subdivide the List by:  Canal Walk - - - :  Dovedale - - - :  Peak District - - - :  River Walk - - - :  Countryside - - - :  Town or city. Subscription Service.
Descriptions in this fee-based service of several dozen Walks around and about Gwynedd and categorized:  Llyn Peninsula - - - :  Snowdonia - - - :  Coed-y-Brenin Forest Park - - - :  Countryside - - - :  Coast
Selection of walks in the Isle of Man: 'The walks come in a unique format making them very easy to follow, with photographs to illustrate every important decision point and a proper Ordnance Survey 1:25,000 Explorer map ... '
Over seventy Walks around and about the County of Kent: 'Once you have paid your Subscription access to the walks is totally free. There are no restrictions on the numbers of walks you can download and print out during the year ... On Walkingworld you can find over 6500 routes, contributed by more than 450 walk authors.'
'The long chain of islands, stretching from Lewis in the north to Vatersay and Barra in the south, has plenty of surprises in store; curving beaches of golden sand, rugged mountains shrouded in mist, coastal grassland that is host to hundreds of species, ancient sites from prehistoric times onwards and, of course, the Atlantic ocean in all its moods. Unsurprisingly, none of the islands is highly populated and much of the landscape can genuinely be described as wilderness, so if you want an experience of remoteness, this is the place to come.'
Access to details of about a score of Walks, primarily around and about the Bathgate Hills.
Fee-based service providing access to details of over 100 Walks around and about Wiltshire. For each Walk there is also information about accommodation and food and drink as well as of other related services.
'The St Birinus Pilgrimage takes place every year on the first Sunday in July. Hundreds of people from various Christian traditions assemble at Churn Knob, a hill 7 miles south-west of Dorchester where Birinus is said to have preached. From there the pilgrims walk cross-country to Dorchester Abbey for a packed and joyful united service in which local leaders of the Anglican, Catholic and Nonconformist churches take an active part.'
Recently Added Listings
- Peak District Boundary WalkCategory: High PeakDistance (miles): 190
- *Sherpa ExpeditionsCategory: Across the UK
- *EasyWaysCategory: Scotland
- England Coast Path - Camber to FolkestoneCategory: KentDistance (miles): 29
- *HikideasCategory: Across the UK
- England Coast Path - Filey Brigg to North GareCategory: North YorkshireDistance (miles): 68
- Ullswater WayCategory: EdenDistance (miles): 20
- Two Roses WayCategory: LancashireDistance (miles): 96
- *Berkshire WalkersCategory: Berkshire
- *Medal Routes - Aberdeen CityCategory: City of Aberdeen
- *Lucy's Walk Around BritainCategory: Across the UK
- *Lancashire Parks & GardensCategory: Lancashire
- Scottish Coast-to-Coast WalkCategory: ArgyllshireDistance (miles): 128
- Tan Hill Inn WalkCategory: RichmondshireDistance (miles): 10
- *Dyrham ParkCategory: South GloucestershireSize (acreage): 270
- *Gazetteer for ScotlandCategory: Paths & Trails in UK Local Government
- Shropshire Countryside Access and Public Rights of WayCategory: Shropshire
- *Walking in CumbriaCategory: Cumbria
- *WithinWarwickshireCategory: Warwickshire
- Harlech Town History TrailCategory: Merioneth
- Craik Muir Roman RoadCategory: RoxburghshireDistance (miles): 8
- *Ramblers - Sussex AreaCategory: Sussex
- Jane Eyre Hathersage TrailCategory: Derbyshire DalesDistance (miles): 6
- *Crychan ForestCategory: Brecknockshire
- *Anglesey Walking HolidaysCategory: Anglesey
- *Creative Rural Communities 'Vale Trails'Category: Vale of Glamorgan
- Barrow Circle TrailCategory: West DorsetDistance (miles): 6
- St Birinus Pilgrimage Route: Churn Knob - DorchesterCategory: South OxfordshireDistance (miles): 11
- Tramway TrailCategory: Aylesbury ValeDistance (miles): 6
- *Langport Two Day Walking FestivalCategory: South Somerset
- *National Sculpture Trail DirectoryCategory: Across the UK
- *Milton Keynes CouncilCategory: Milton Keynes
- *Holy Ghost CemeteryCategory: Basingstoke & DeaneSize (acreage): 3
- *Hartsholme Country Park and Swanholme Lakes Local Nature ReserveCategory: LincolnSize (acreage): 200
- *Finlaystone Country EstateCategory: RenfrewshireSize (acreage): 140
- Public Rights of Way in RutlandCategory: Rutland
- Cuilcagh WayCategory: Fermanagh & OmaghDistance (miles): 20
- *Hook Common and Bartley HeathCategory: HartSize (acreage): 330
- *Kent Health WalksCategory: Kent
- *Monmouth - Walkers Are WelcomeCategory: Monmouthshire
- Up & Doon Guided WalksCategory: Scotland
- *Plymouth RamblersCategory: Plymouth
- Sandwood BayCategory: SutherlandDistance (miles): 8
- *Global Adventure ChallengesCategory: Across the UK
- Rhondda RollercoasterCategory: Rhondda Cynon TafDistance (miles): 27
- Leamington and Warwick Riverside WalkCategory: WarwickDistance (miles): 4
- Rogation Sunday Boundary WalkCategory: MaidstoneDistance (miles): 8
- Nottingham Architectural Ale TrailCategory: Nottingham
- *Britain's Best Accessible Woods and Nature TrailsCategory: Across the UK
- Along the River Valley to Earls ColneCategory: BraintreeDistance (miles): 6
- >>> ALL Listings