'Welcome to my website. My name is Tim Bertuchi and one of my favourite pastimes is walking / hiking and most of the current content of the site can be found in the Walking section which has photos and descriptions of the walks I have done ...'
'Hanger Lane to Brentford ... The Brent River Park Walk is now not only sharing its route with the Capital Ring but also the Grand Union Canal walk ... While the Walk is way marked there were one or two areas, particularly by the exit from Pitshanger Park which could have done with a few more way marks to make navigation a bit more straight forward ...'
'I did this walk on Sunday 6th January 2008 ... Earlier in the morning I had walked into Canterbury from Chartham along the Stour Valley Walk to reach this point and, having walked round the Centenary Walk, subsequently resumed my walk along the Stour Valley walk down to Sturry ... Although on the Ordnance Survey map the route is marked as the Canterbury Centenary Walk the signposts show the walk as the Kent County Council Centenary Walk ... Although nothing special, this had been an interesting diversion from the walk and would make a nice half day trip for someone staying in Canterbury who wanted to get out of the town for a while.'
'I did this walk on Sunday 23rd September 2007. I had been going to walk along the Medway Valley from Strood to Maidstone but I had got up a bit too late (again) to get a suitable train and thus drove to Canvey Island instead to continue my series of walks on the Essex coast. It was a fine day with plenty of sunshine and felt quite warm for the time of the year despite a fairly strong breeze ... '
'On older versions of the Ordnance Survey Maps for the area (163 and 148) there is a recreational trail marked called "Centenary Walk Rochester". There were also similar Centenary walks devised in Canterbury and Maidstone to celebrate the centenary of the Kent County Council which took place in 1989. These walks appear to have not been promoted for some time and I have been unable to find any real information about them on the internet. On the ground the routes had once been way marked although now almost none of this way marking remains. However while the routes remained marked on the OS maps both the Canterbury and Maidstone centenary walks, which were both circular walks, were relatively easy to follow. The Rochester walk however has always appeared more confusing ...'
'Runs in a figure of eight between Harlow and Cambridge with the intersection of the two loops by Newport.' Tim actually describes the Walk in seventeen stages starting from Roydon.
'This 9 mile circular walk is ideal for anyone who has a spare half day in Padstow and would like to see some of the surrounding countryside. The walk starts and ends in the Padstow and passes through farmland to the coast path at Trevone before following the coast path back to Padstow.'
Based on a series of Trails produced in the late 1980s and shown on Ordnance Survey Maps, and described here in three Sections:  Part 1: Deal to Dover - - - :  Part 2: Dover to Sandwich - - - :  Part 3: A Circular Walk from Sandwich.
White Cliffs Country Trails [GPS Cycle & Walking Routes]
Recently Added Listings
- Peak District Boundary WalkCategory: High PeakDistance (miles): 190
- *Sherpa ExpeditionsCategory: Across the UK
- *EasyWaysCategory: Scotland
- England Coast Path - Camber to FolkestoneCategory: KentDistance (miles): 29
- *HikideasCategory: Across the UK
- England Coast Path - Filey Brigg to North GareCategory: North YorkshireDistance (miles): 68
- Ullswater WayCategory: EdenDistance (miles): 20
- Two Roses WayCategory: LancashireDistance (miles): 96
- *Berkshire WalkersCategory: Berkshire
- *Medal Routes - Aberdeen CityCategory: City of Aberdeen
- *Lucy's Walk Around BritainCategory: Across the UK
- *Lancashire Parks & GardensCategory: Lancashire
- Scottish Coast-to-Coast WalkCategory: ArgyllshireDistance (miles): 128
- Tan Hill Inn WalkCategory: RichmondshireDistance (miles): 10
- *Dyrham ParkCategory: South GloucestershireSize (acreage): 270
- *Gazetteer for ScotlandCategory: Paths & Trails in UK Local Government
- Shropshire Countryside Access and Public Rights of WayCategory: Shropshire
- *Walking in CumbriaCategory: Cumbria
- *WithinWarwickshireCategory: Warwickshire
- Harlech Town History TrailCategory: Merioneth
- Craik Muir Roman RoadCategory: RoxburghshireDistance (miles): 8
- *Ramblers - Sussex AreaCategory: Sussex
- Jane Eyre Hathersage TrailCategory: Derbyshire DalesDistance (miles): 6
- *Crychan ForestCategory: Brecknockshire
- *Anglesey Walking HolidaysCategory: Anglesey
- *Creative Rural Communities 'Vale Trails'Category: Vale of Glamorgan
- Barrow Circle TrailCategory: West DorsetDistance (miles): 6
- St Birinus Pilgrimage Route: Churn Knob - DorchesterCategory: South OxfordshireDistance (miles): 11
- Tramway TrailCategory: Aylesbury ValeDistance (miles): 6
- *Langport Two Day Walking FestivalCategory: South Somerset
- *National Sculpture Trail DirectoryCategory: Across the UK
- *Milton Keynes CouncilCategory: Milton Keynes
- *Holy Ghost CemeteryCategory: Basingstoke & DeaneSize (acreage): 3
- *Hartsholme Country Park and Swanholme Lakes Local Nature ReserveCategory: LincolnSize (acreage): 200
- *Finlaystone Country EstateCategory: RenfrewshireSize (acreage): 140
- Public Rights of Way in RutlandCategory: Rutland
- Cuilcagh WayCategory: Fermanagh & OmaghDistance (miles): 20
- *Hook Common and Bartley HeathCategory: HartSize (acreage): 330
- *Kent Health WalksCategory: Kent
- *Monmouth - Walkers Are WelcomeCategory: Monmouthshire
- Up & Doon Guided WalksCategory: Scotland
- *Plymouth RamblersCategory: Plymouth
- Sandwood BayCategory: SutherlandDistance (miles): 8
- *Global Adventure ChallengesCategory: Across the UK
- Rhondda RollercoasterCategory: Rhondda Cynon TafDistance (miles): 27
- Leamington and Warwick Riverside WalkCategory: WarwickDistance (miles): 4
- Rogation Sunday Boundary WalkCategory: MaidstoneDistance (miles): 8
- Nottingham Architectural Ale TrailCategory: Nottingham
- *Britain's Best Accessible Woods and Nature TrailsCategory: Across the UK
- Along the River Valley to Earls ColneCategory: BraintreeDistance (miles): 6
- >>> ALL Listings