Griffmonsters Great Walks
'This site documents some Great British walks providing route details, maps, pubs, features and folklore. Although predominately focused on Norfolk and Suffolk, there are walks from a wide selection of other regions.'
'An index of the walks around the county of Norfolk that are contained on this site. Each walk details pubs en route, transport linking start and end and features to look out for.' Over 70 Walks described.
'The information on this page was garnered during the investigation for 4 days of walking around The Wash during September 2015. The walks will appear on this site in the coming months with full details of directions, features and pubs. This overview serves as a guide to any walker who has the intention of walking around the Wash ...'
'Coastal walk between Gorleston and Kessingland crossing the border from Norfolk to Suffolk.'
Iceni Way [LDWA]
An overview of a possible route for a Lincolnshire Coast Path 'There is currently no official Lincolnshire Coast Path although Natural England are committed to having something in place as part of the English Coast Path by 2020. This overview details the current possible routes taken from research conducted into a walk between Cleethorpes and Boston during September 2014.'
'Inaugurated in 2008 by The North Norfolk Exhibition Project, this trail across Kelling and Salthouse heaths was set out to exhibit both the natural beauty of North Norfolk alongside examples of contemporary Norfolk art. Although most of the sculptures have now gone, the walk nonetheless provides a peaceful route around this part of the county.'
'Long distance footpath from Felixstowe to Lowestoft in easy stages through some of the most characteristic landscapes of the AONB. The path, formerly known as the Suffolk Heritage Coast Path, has recently been extended to include the Orford Loop which provides access through to Orford. Alternative beach walks, providing the tide is right, can be undertaken throughout.'
Check the current Suffolk Coast Path Restrictions before setting out.
The Fonnereau Way [Ipswich & District Ramblers]
'This walk is probably better known as Robinson Crusoe's walk since this is where Daniel Defoe places his character, in the novel of the same name, after being shipwrecked with a resulting walk to Great Yarmouth. Although such a stormy day would not make the best of walks, when the sun shines and the tide is out this really is a great walk.'
Recently Added Listings
- Peak District Boundary WalkCategory: High PeakDistance (miles): 190
- *Sherpa ExpeditionsCategory: Across the UK
- *EasyWaysCategory: Scotland
- England Coast Path - Camber to FolkestoneCategory: KentDistance (miles): 29
- *HikideasCategory: Across the UK
- England Coast Path - Filey Brigg to North GareCategory: North YorkshireDistance (miles): 68
- Ullswater WayCategory: EdenDistance (miles): 20
- Two Roses WayCategory: LancashireDistance (miles): 96
- *Berkshire WalkersCategory: Berkshire
- *Medal Routes - Aberdeen CityCategory: City of Aberdeen
- *Lucy's Walk Around BritainCategory: Across the UK
- *Lancashire Parks & GardensCategory: Lancashire
- Scottish Coast-to-Coast WalkCategory: ArgyllshireDistance (miles): 128
- Tan Hill Inn WalkCategory: RichmondshireDistance (miles): 10
- *Dyrham ParkCategory: South GloucestershireSize (acreage): 270
- *Gazetteer for ScotlandCategory: Paths & Trails in UK Local Government
- Shropshire Countryside Access and Public Rights of WayCategory: Shropshire
- *Walking in CumbriaCategory: Cumbria
- *WithinWarwickshireCategory: Warwickshire
- Harlech Town History TrailCategory: Merioneth
- Craik Muir Roman RoadCategory: RoxburghshireDistance (miles): 8
- *Ramblers - Sussex AreaCategory: Sussex
- Jane Eyre Hathersage TrailCategory: Derbyshire DalesDistance (miles): 6
- *Crychan ForestCategory: Brecknockshire
- *Anglesey Walking HolidaysCategory: Anglesey
- *Creative Rural Communities 'Vale Trails'Category: Vale of Glamorgan
- Barrow Circle TrailCategory: West DorsetDistance (miles): 6
- St Birinus Pilgrimage Route: Churn Knob - DorchesterCategory: South OxfordshireDistance (miles): 11
- Tramway TrailCategory: Aylesbury ValeDistance (miles): 6
- *Langport Two Day Walking FestivalCategory: South Somerset
- *National Sculpture Trail DirectoryCategory: Across the UK
- *Milton Keynes CouncilCategory: Milton Keynes
- *Holy Ghost CemeteryCategory: Basingstoke & DeaneSize (acreage): 3
- *Hartsholme Country Park and Swanholme Lakes Local Nature ReserveCategory: LincolnSize (acreage): 200
- *Finlaystone Country EstateCategory: RenfrewshireSize (acreage): 140
- Public Rights of Way in RutlandCategory: Rutland
- Cuilcagh WayCategory: Fermanagh & OmaghDistance (miles): 20
- *Hook Common and Bartley HeathCategory: HartSize (acreage): 330
- *Kent Health WalksCategory: Kent
- *Monmouth - Walkers Are WelcomeCategory: Monmouthshire
- Up & Doon Guided WalksCategory: Scotland
- *Plymouth RamblersCategory: Plymouth
- Sandwood BayCategory: SutherlandDistance (miles): 8
- *Global Adventure ChallengesCategory: Across the UK
- Rhondda RollercoasterCategory: Rhondda Cynon TafDistance (miles): 27
- Leamington and Warwick Riverside WalkCategory: WarwickDistance (miles): 4
- Rogation Sunday Boundary WalkCategory: MaidstoneDistance (miles): 8
- Nottingham Architectural Ale TrailCategory: Nottingham
- *Britain's Best Accessible Woods and Nature TrailsCategory: Across the UK
- Along the River Valley to Earls ColneCategory: BraintreeDistance (miles): 6
- >>> ALL Listings