'Warwickshire's Centenary Way was established by the Council in 1989 to celebrate its 100th anniversary ... This 100 mile Path starts at Kingsbury Water Park in the north of the county and winds its way down to Upper Quinton on the Gloucestershire border. The route can be followed on Ordnance Survey Explorer Maps.'
Warwickshire's Centenary Way Geoff Allen and John Roberts (Walkways, 1996)
'What makes Derwent Edge particularly special for me are the rocky tors that are sprinkled along the route. These weathered gritstone outcrops form all manner of wonderful shapes, with equally colourful names - Salt Cellar, Cakes of Bread and Wheelstones. It is difficult and even unfair to select favourites, but the walk along Derwent Edge is truly wonderful. It's a good long walk and high enough that you can feel the air and space around you ...'
'Why not follow in the footsteps of writers and poets with our collection of literary walks on iFootpath? From Winnie-the-Pooh to Dracula, Jane Eyre to Sherlock Holmes and Merlin to Gandalf, some of our best-loved characters have their roots in England’s towns, villages and countryside.'
Three towpath walks which formerly were briefly described on the Canal & River Trust Website with links through to the iFootpath Website; now only on the latter Site:
* Dudley No 1 Canal to Fens Pool (6 miles)
'Circular pub walk from the Duke of York in Barnet, Hertfordshire. A former coaching inn, built on the Great North Road, the Duke of York continues to serve the needs of many a weary traveller ... The walk also passes by Potters Bar rail station, so if you are travelling by train you can adjust the walk to start at the station and visit the pub on-route.'
'Frost Folly Country Car Park, was officially opened by Jean Frost on 13th August 2003. The land was donated by her late husband, Chris Frost, to the Warfield Parish Council, to be used as a countryside amenity. During the last several years, the Parish Council has slowly turned it into a Countryside Car Park and it is the starting point of several circular walks, most of which are accessible for those in wheel and power chairs ... '
However, the Link on the Warfield Parish Council Website that I originally used for this description seems to have disappeared. So I have replaced it with an alternative Warfield - Northern Lanes from iFootpath.
'This relatively easy walk belies its six miles and takes in both pretty villages (Old Burleston and Hamble) at the start, and some great coastal views out over the River Hamble later on.'
'An easy-paced eleven mile circuit around south Warwickshire taking in canal-side walking, woodland paths, and arable farmland.'
Details of over fifty pub-based walks primarily in the South-East but extending into Dorset, Wiltshire, etc. (However: 'Sorry - this page has now been archived. Please visit - "Find Walks" to search our full portfolio of walks'.)
'This walk takes you between two Staffordshire villages and uses paths, bridleways and tow paths with less than 850 metres of its thirteen and half kilometres on roads, all of which are quiet country lanes.'
'Loop around Windsor Great Park, once part of the royal hunting ground and now providing miles and miles of peaceful walking in amongst the hustle and bustle of East Berkshire.'
Recently Added Listings
- Peak District Boundary WalkCategory: High PeakDistance (miles): 190
- *Sherpa ExpeditionsCategory: Across the UK
- *EasyWaysCategory: Scotland
- England Coast Path - Camber to FolkestoneCategory: KentDistance (miles): 29
- *HikideasCategory: Across the UK
- England Coast Path - Filey Brigg to North GareCategory: North YorkshireDistance (miles): 68
- Ullswater WayCategory: EdenDistance (miles): 20
- Two Roses WayCategory: LancashireDistance (miles): 96
- *Berkshire WalkersCategory: Berkshire
- *Medal Routes - Aberdeen CityCategory: City of Aberdeen
- *Lucy's Walk Around BritainCategory: Across the UK
- *Lancashire Parks & GardensCategory: Lancashire
- Scottish Coast-to-Coast WalkCategory: ArgyllshireDistance (miles): 128
- Tan Hill Inn WalkCategory: RichmondshireDistance (miles): 10
- *Dyrham ParkCategory: South GloucestershireSize (acreage): 270
- *Gazetteer for ScotlandCategory: Paths & Trails in UK Local Government
- Shropshire Countryside Access and Public Rights of WayCategory: Shropshire
- *Walking in CumbriaCategory: Cumbria
- *WithinWarwickshireCategory: Warwickshire
- Harlech Town History TrailCategory: Merioneth
- Craik Muir Roman RoadCategory: RoxburghshireDistance (miles): 8
- *Ramblers - Sussex AreaCategory: Sussex
- Jane Eyre Hathersage TrailCategory: Derbyshire DalesDistance (miles): 6
- *Crychan ForestCategory: Brecknockshire
- *Anglesey Walking HolidaysCategory: Anglesey
- *Creative Rural Communities 'Vale Trails'Category: Vale of Glamorgan
- Barrow Circle TrailCategory: West DorsetDistance (miles): 6
- St Birinus Pilgrimage Route: Churn Knob - DorchesterCategory: South OxfordshireDistance (miles): 11
- Tramway TrailCategory: Aylesbury ValeDistance (miles): 6
- *Langport Two Day Walking FestivalCategory: South Somerset
- *National Sculpture Trail DirectoryCategory: Across the UK
- *Milton Keynes CouncilCategory: Milton Keynes
- *Holy Ghost CemeteryCategory: Basingstoke & DeaneSize (acreage): 3
- *Hartsholme Country Park and Swanholme Lakes Local Nature ReserveCategory: LincolnSize (acreage): 200
- *Finlaystone Country EstateCategory: RenfrewshireSize (acreage): 140
- Public Rights of Way in RutlandCategory: Rutland
- Cuilcagh WayCategory: Fermanagh & OmaghDistance (miles): 20
- *Hook Common and Bartley HeathCategory: HartSize (acreage): 330
- *Kent Health WalksCategory: Kent
- *Monmouth - Walkers Are WelcomeCategory: Monmouthshire
- Up & Doon Guided WalksCategory: Scotland
- *Plymouth RamblersCategory: Plymouth
- Sandwood BayCategory: SutherlandDistance (miles): 8
- *Global Adventure ChallengesCategory: Across the UK
- Rhondda RollercoasterCategory: Rhondda Cynon TafDistance (miles): 27
- Leamington and Warwick Riverside WalkCategory: WarwickDistance (miles): 4
- Rogation Sunday Boundary WalkCategory: MaidstoneDistance (miles): 8
- Nottingham Architectural Ale TrailCategory: Nottingham
- *Britain's Best Accessible Woods and Nature TrailsCategory: Across the UK
- Along the River Valley to Earls ColneCategory: BraintreeDistance (miles): 6
- >>> ALL Listings