'With nearly 15,000 pages of walking information, including many walk descriptions, "Walking Britain" is dedicated to the footpaths that cross the landscape ... The aim is to make this the best walking site in Britain with a wide variety of walks and your input is always welcome ...'
Brecon Beacons National Park, Brecknockshire
Note that this collection of Walks from Walking Britain replaces pages from a different Website which became inaccessible.
Details of over 100 Walks ranging in length from 2.5 to 18 miles: 'Many of the walks on this Website have been submitted by other authors keen to spread the word about their favourite routes. You can do the same ...'
Details of over eighty walks around and about Gwynedd ranging from 2.5 to 15 miles - with one walk, Walk 3002 - The Welsh Three-Thousanders, of 35 miles.
Details of about forty walks around and about the County. They range from 3 to 12 miles, most being described as 'Easy', a few as 'Moderate'.
Around and About, Redcar & Cleveland
Details of a number of walks around and about this Unitary Authority alongside those within local authorities throughout most of the United Kingdom.
'Some steep climbs in the early stages of this Clackmannanshire walk are rewarded with superb views across the Forth Valley. The route visits the highest point of the Ochil Hills - Ben Cleuch at 721m.'
Starr Gate, Blackpool
'This lengthy walk along the prom from Blackpool to Fleetwood offers excellent exercise. In addition there is a wide variety of sights and sounds to absorb from the glitter of the golden mile to solitude at Rossall Point.'
Lancashire Coastal Way - Lytham St Annes to Fleetwood (15 miles) [Griffmonsters Great Walks]
Bowlees Visitor Centre, Middleton in Teesdale, County Durham
'This County Durham walk follows the most dramatic section of the River Tees, which begins life on the isolated flanks of Cross Fell in the North Pennines and enters the North Sea surrounded by industry.'
'This walk is along well established paths to the south west of Huddersfield. Although some of it is close to an urban area, it retains a remarkably rural feel throughout and being close to the town it's well served by public transport.'
Ripon Cathedral, Ripon, Harrogate
'Long distance circular walk starting in Ripon with 12 small circular walks en route.' Walk originally described by Les Taylor and copies of his 1996 booklet should still be available from Amazon via the Rotary Club of Ripon Rowels.
Recently Added Listings
- *Sherpa ExpeditionsCategory: Across the UK
- *EasyWaysCategory: Scotland
- England Coast Path - Camber to FolkestoneCategory: KentDistance (miles): 29
- *HikideasCategory: Across the UK
- England Coast Path - Filey Brigg to North GareCategory: North YorkshireDistance (miles): 68
- Ullswater WayCategory: EdenDistance (miles): 20
- Two Roses WayCategory: LancashireDistance (miles): 96
- *Berkshire WalkersCategory: Berkshire
- *Medal Routes - Aberdeen CityCategory: City of Aberdeen
- *Lucy's Walk Around BritainCategory: Across the UK
- *Lancashire Parks & GardensCategory: Lancashire
- Scottish Coast-to-Coast WalkCategory: ArgyllshireDistance (miles): 128
- Tan Hill Inn WalkCategory: RichmondshireDistance (miles): 10
- *Dyrham ParkCategory: South GloucestershireSize (acreage): 270
- *Gazetteer for ScotlandCategory: Paths & Trails in UK Local Government
- Shropshire Countryside Access and Public Rights of WayCategory: Shropshire
- *Walking in CumbriaCategory: Cumbria
- *WithinWarwickshireCategory: Warwickshire
- Harlech Town History TrailCategory: Merioneth
- Craik Muir Roman RoadCategory: RoxburghshireDistance (miles): 8
- *Ramblers - Sussex AreaCategory: Sussex
- Jane Eyre Hathersage TrailCategory: Derbyshire DalesDistance (miles): 6
- *Crychan ForestCategory: Brecknockshire
- *Anglesey Walking HolidaysCategory: Anglesey
- *Creative Rural Communities 'Vale Trails'Category: Vale of Glamorgan
- Barrow Circle TrailCategory: West DorsetDistance (miles): 6
- St Birinus Pilgrimage Route: Churn Knob - DorchesterCategory: South OxfordshireDistance (miles): 11
- Tramway TrailCategory: Aylesbury ValeDistance (miles): 6
- *Langport Two Day Walking FestivalCategory: South Somerset
- *National Sculpture Trail DirectoryCategory: Across the UK
- *Milton Keynes CouncilCategory: Milton Keynes
- *Holy Ghost CemeteryCategory: Basingstoke & DeaneSize (acreage): 3
- *Hartsholme Country Park and Swanholme Lakes Local Nature ReserveCategory: LincolnSize (acreage): 200
- *Finlaystone Country EstateCategory: RenfrewshireSize (acreage): 140
- Public Rights of Way in RutlandCategory: Rutland
- Cuilcagh WayCategory: Fermanagh & OmaghDistance (miles): 20
- *Hook Common and Bartley HeathCategory: HartSize (acreage): 330
- *Kent Health WalksCategory: Kent
- *Monmouth - Walkers Are WelcomeCategory: Monmouthshire
- Up & Doon Guided WalksCategory: Scotland
- *Plymouth RamblersCategory: Plymouth
- Sandwood BayCategory: SutherlandDistance (miles): 8
- *Global Adventure ChallengesCategory: Across the UK
- Rhondda RollercoasterCategory: Rhondda Cynon TafDistance (miles): 27
- Leamington and Warwick Riverside WalkCategory: WarwickDistance (miles): 4
- Rogation Sunday Boundary WalkCategory: MaidstoneDistance (miles): 8
- Nottingham Architectural Ale TrailCategory: Nottingham
- *Britain's Best Accessible Woods and Nature TrailsCategory: Across the UK
- Along the River Valley to Earls ColneCategory: BraintreeDistance (miles): 6
- Roadway Arts Walking TrailCategory: RedditchDistance (miles): 2
- >>> ALL Listings