Martinstown, West Dorset
'A superb walk with a few short climbs to reach the ridge for fantastic views and one the UK’s most spectacular Bronze Age cemeteries.'
Barrow Circle Audio Trail [Dorset AONB]
Beaminster, West Dorset
'The five Beaminster Hills Circular Walks were created by the Beaminster Ramblers as their millennium project in 2000. They were published twice as pamphlets and have been so successful that they have begun to run out. It has been decided to put the walks on to the World Wide Web to increase their availability. The maps are the same as in the pamphlets, but the descriptions of the walks have been updated.'
Cattistock, West Dorset
'We do as much walking as we can and aim to average at least 5 miles a day. We walk 3 miles to get our flour and 6 miles to get our eggs and have even done a 30 mile round trip to go to an evening theatre performance. We enjoy walking to pubs and decided to see how many pubs we could walk to and back from, starting from home. We have now done 70 different pubs, one at a time ... We are at the stage now where many of the pubs are 30 miles away and involve camping overnight. We are trying to get the tally up to 100 ...'
Dorchester, West Dorset
'Wide and sweeping coastal views are combined with quiet valleys on this splendid walk ... The walk is 10 miles long but can be shortened by finishing at Sutton Poyntz.'
Note: There is a Leaflet Dorchester to the Sea at Weymouth which was published by West Dorset District Council a few years ago. However, the Author (John Sissons) is planning to issue a revised 'improved' version in the near future. Dorchester Tourist Information Centre should have the latest information.
Charmouth, West Dorset
'Rather than take you out in a big group Chris specialises in individual family fossil hunting walks at Charmouth, Dorset; these are available most days throughout the year. The advantage is that your family gets all the attention and benefit from intensive quality time instead of being part of a large group. The walks are ideal for children from 5 years and up ...'
Hardy's Cottage, Higher Bockhampton, West Dorset
'Thomas Hardy (1840-1928) set most of his novels and many poems in Wessex, once an ancient kingdom of southern England. The heart of Hardy's Wessex is Dorset and the Hardy Way is a journey through some of the most unspoilt parts of this beautiful county, extending from the coast then inland to the timeless Cranborne Chase on the Wiltshire border ... We believe the Guidebook written by Margaret Marande and updated in 2015 is essential not just to follow the route, but because the many excerpts from Hardy's work provide an extra dimension of enjoyment to discovering Dorset and his magical Wessex.'
The Hardy Way [Beaminster Ramblers]
Chedington, West Dorset
'Long-distance footpath, following the route of the River Parrett in Somerset, England. The trail, which is 50 miles (80 km) long, runs from Chedington in Dorset to the mouth of the river in Bridgwater Bay where it joins the West Somerset Coast Path.'
River Parrett Trail [Discover South Somerset]
West Bexington, West Dorset
'The South Dorset Ridgeway Partnership brings together people from many interests and backgrounds in an inspiring programme to learn about, care for and enjoy this special place. When you stand on the South Dorset Ridgeway you are surrounded by some of the most spectacular scenery in England. Everywhere you look you see history in the landscape; this is one of the most important pre-historic landscapes in Europe.'
South Dorset Ridgeway [National Trails]
Recently Added Listings
- *Sherpa ExpeditionsCategory: Across the UK
- *EasyWaysCategory: Scotland
- England Coast Path - Camber to FolkestoneCategory: KentDistance (miles): 29
- *HikideasCategory: Across the UK
- England Coast Path - Filey Brigg to North GareCategory: North YorkshireDistance (miles): 68
- Ullswater WayCategory: EdenDistance (miles): 20
- Two Roses WayCategory: LancashireDistance (miles): 96
- *Berkshire WalkersCategory: Berkshire
- *Medal Routes - Aberdeen CityCategory: City of Aberdeen
- *Lucy's Walk Around BritainCategory: Across the UK
- *Lancashire Parks & GardensCategory: Lancashire
- Scottish Coast-to-Coast WalkCategory: ArgyllshireDistance (miles): 128
- Tan Hill Inn WalkCategory: RichmondshireDistance (miles): 10
- *Dyrham ParkCategory: South GloucestershireSize (acreage): 270
- *Gazetteer for ScotlandCategory: Paths & Trails in UK Local Government
- Shropshire Countryside Access and Public Rights of WayCategory: Shropshire
- *Walking in CumbriaCategory: Cumbria
- *WithinWarwickshireCategory: Warwickshire
- Harlech Town History TrailCategory: Merioneth
- Craik Muir Roman RoadCategory: RoxburghshireDistance (miles): 8
- *Ramblers - Sussex AreaCategory: Sussex
- Jane Eyre Hathersage TrailCategory: Derbyshire DalesDistance (miles): 6
- *Crychan ForestCategory: Brecknockshire
- *Anglesey Walking HolidaysCategory: Anglesey
- *Creative Rural Communities 'Vale Trails'Category: Vale of Glamorgan
- Barrow Circle TrailCategory: West DorsetDistance (miles): 6
- St Birinus Pilgrimage Route: Churn Knob - DorchesterCategory: South OxfordshireDistance (miles): 11
- Tramway TrailCategory: Aylesbury ValeDistance (miles): 6
- *Langport Two Day Walking FestivalCategory: South Somerset
- *National Sculpture Trail DirectoryCategory: Across the UK
- *Milton Keynes CouncilCategory: Milton Keynes
- *Holy Ghost CemeteryCategory: Basingstoke & DeaneSize (acreage): 3
- *Hartsholme Country Park and Swanholme Lakes Local Nature ReserveCategory: LincolnSize (acreage): 200
- *Finlaystone Country EstateCategory: RenfrewshireSize (acreage): 140
- Public Rights of Way in RutlandCategory: Rutland
- Cuilcagh WayCategory: Fermanagh & OmaghDistance (miles): 20
- *Hook Common and Bartley HeathCategory: HartSize (acreage): 330
- *Kent Health WalksCategory: Kent
- *Monmouth - Walkers Are WelcomeCategory: Monmouthshire
- Up & Doon Guided WalksCategory: Scotland
- *Plymouth RamblersCategory: Plymouth
- Sandwood BayCategory: SutherlandDistance (miles): 8
- *Global Adventure ChallengesCategory: Across the UK
- Rhondda RollercoasterCategory: Rhondda Cynon TafDistance (miles): 27
- Leamington and Warwick Riverside WalkCategory: WarwickDistance (miles): 4
- Rogation Sunday Boundary WalkCategory: MaidstoneDistance (miles): 8
- Nottingham Architectural Ale TrailCategory: Nottingham
- *Britain's Best Accessible Woods and Nature TrailsCategory: Across the UK
- Along the River Valley to Earls ColneCategory: BraintreeDistance (miles): 6
- Roadway Arts Walking TrailCategory: RedditchDistance (miles): 2
- >>> ALL Listings