Vale of White Horse
'Faringdon is set in lovely countryside, around which there are many walks and cycle rides. A group of volunteers from Faringdon have produced a set of 8 walk cards, with walks ranging from 4 - 7 miles, including Badbury Clump, Great Coxwell, Wicklesham, Hatford and Radcot ... '
Faringdon Circular Walk [Oxfordshire County Council] (PDF)
'The four-mile walk around the reservoir offers views of the water, woodland paths, Thames riverside meadows and nature reserves ... We have recently built a trail suitable for wheelchairs, which links our accessible bird hide at Pinkhill Meadow with the hide at nearby Shrike Meadow ...'
'The walk starts at the Bronze age fort at Uffington Castle and heads south, following the River Lambourn through Lambourn, Boxford and Speen before a lovely stretch along the Kennet and Avon Canal takes you into Newbury.'
Lambourn Valley Way - A Walk from the Whitehorse Hill to Newbury [West Berkshire Council] (PDF 'Document')
'The Letcombe Brook, much loved by local people, is a chalk stream that runs from Letcombe Regis to East Hanney, providing water for local use today. It is home to protected species such as white-clawed crayfish and water voles. Chalk streams are globally rare, so the Letcombe Brook Project was set up in April 2003 to enhance and protect the natural beauty of the Brook.'
'In the autumn of 2003, members of the Marcham Society built and repaired bridges and installed gates and signs in order to open up 5 miles of permitted paths ... There is a printed leaflet showing a full map of the paths and three self-guided walks ... or you can view a colour map of the Jubilee Walks.'
'Discover the legends and magic of one of Britain's greatest antiquities on this spectacular downland walk.'
'Using the historic town of Wantage as a base, explore the villages of the Vale of White Horse on foot and enjoy wonderful views of the countryside along the way'.
Route 1 - 9 miles; Route 2 - 5 miles; Route 3 - 7 miles.
Recently Added Listings
- Peak District Boundary WalkCategory: High PeakDistance (miles): 190
- *Sherpa ExpeditionsCategory: Across the UK
- *EasyWaysCategory: Scotland
- England Coast Path - Camber to FolkestoneCategory: KentDistance (miles): 29
- *HikideasCategory: Across the UK
- England Coast Path - Filey Brigg to North GareCategory: North YorkshireDistance (miles): 68
- Ullswater WayCategory: EdenDistance (miles): 20
- Two Roses WayCategory: LancashireDistance (miles): 96
- *Berkshire WalkersCategory: Berkshire
- *Medal Routes - Aberdeen CityCategory: City of Aberdeen
- *Lucy's Walk Around BritainCategory: Across the UK
- *Lancashire Parks & GardensCategory: Lancashire
- Scottish Coast-to-Coast WalkCategory: ArgyllshireDistance (miles): 128
- Tan Hill Inn WalkCategory: RichmondshireDistance (miles): 10
- *Dyrham ParkCategory: South GloucestershireSize (acreage): 270
- *Gazetteer for ScotlandCategory: Paths & Trails in UK Local Government
- Shropshire Countryside Access and Public Rights of WayCategory: Shropshire
- *Walking in CumbriaCategory: Cumbria
- *WithinWarwickshireCategory: Warwickshire
- Harlech Town History TrailCategory: Merioneth
- Craik Muir Roman RoadCategory: RoxburghshireDistance (miles): 8
- *Ramblers - Sussex AreaCategory: Sussex
- Jane Eyre Hathersage TrailCategory: Derbyshire DalesDistance (miles): 6
- *Crychan ForestCategory: Brecknockshire
- *Anglesey Walking HolidaysCategory: Anglesey
- *Creative Rural Communities 'Vale Trails'Category: Vale of Glamorgan
- Barrow Circle TrailCategory: West DorsetDistance (miles): 6
- St Birinus Pilgrimage Route: Churn Knob - DorchesterCategory: South OxfordshireDistance (miles): 11
- Tramway TrailCategory: Aylesbury ValeDistance (miles): 6
- *Langport Two Day Walking FestivalCategory: South Somerset
- *National Sculpture Trail DirectoryCategory: Across the UK
- *Milton Keynes CouncilCategory: Milton Keynes
- *Holy Ghost CemeteryCategory: Basingstoke & DeaneSize (acreage): 3
- *Hartsholme Country Park and Swanholme Lakes Local Nature ReserveCategory: LincolnSize (acreage): 200
- *Finlaystone Country EstateCategory: RenfrewshireSize (acreage): 140
- Public Rights of Way in RutlandCategory: Rutland
- Cuilcagh WayCategory: Fermanagh & OmaghDistance (miles): 20
- *Hook Common and Bartley HeathCategory: HartSize (acreage): 330
- *Kent Health WalksCategory: Kent
- *Monmouth - Walkers Are WelcomeCategory: Monmouthshire
- Up & Doon Guided WalksCategory: Scotland
- *Plymouth RamblersCategory: Plymouth
- Sandwood BayCategory: SutherlandDistance (miles): 8
- *Global Adventure ChallengesCategory: Across the UK
- Rhondda RollercoasterCategory: Rhondda Cynon TafDistance (miles): 27
- Leamington and Warwick Riverside WalkCategory: WarwickDistance (miles): 4
- Rogation Sunday Boundary WalkCategory: MaidstoneDistance (miles): 8
- Nottingham Architectural Ale TrailCategory: Nottingham
- *Britain's Best Accessible Woods and Nature TrailsCategory: Across the UK
- Along the River Valley to Earls ColneCategory: BraintreeDistance (miles): 6
- >>> ALL Listings