Kingston upon Hull
'One of the best ways to discover what’s on offer in the city is to take your time and enjoy a leisurely stroll. From the charm of the city’s Victorian arcades to the modern, iconic structure of The Deep, in Hull city centre the best of the old and the new combine.'
'The Beverley 20 is a walk in the East Riding of Yorkshire that runs between Beverley Minster and the Humber Bridge ... The paths themselves are also used by other longer routes. The section from the Humber Bridge to North Ferriby is used by the Yorkshire Wolds Way, High Hunsley Circuit and the Trans Pennine Trail. The Beverley 20 is the first stage of a four-part walk from The Humber Bridge to Filey, The East Riding Heritage Trail.'
'Kingston Upon Hull, or Hull as it is usually called, is a revelation for those that don't know it. UK City of Culture in 2017 it simply bursts with a variety of flavours ...'
'This is the overall name given to four linked walks devised by Glen Hood, and now under the auspices of the East Yorkshire Group, LDWA.'
'The first part of your route from Hull is along the filled-in Foredyke Stream. The rest of your walk is along the track bed to Hornsea.'
Hornsea Rail Trail (Hull to Hornsea) [Sustrans]
'This route is part of the former Hull to Withernsea line, built by the Hull and Holderness Railway Company in 1854 mainly to serve the agricultural needs of the area and the new seaside town, Withernsea.'
'Set alongside the Humber Estuary overlooking the iconic Humber Bridge, various short trails around this reserve take visitors from woodland to grassland to poolside habitats ...'
'The history of Hull as a Jewish centre and transmigration port for Jews is a very important and intersting one. This tour of Jewish Hull has been researched and written by the Hull Jewish Archive Committee over the last two years and was launched as an attractive guide and map. We are very pleased that the Committee has kindly agreed to additionally place their trail on the JTrails web-site for personal enjoyment and research.'
Hull Jewish Archive Committee | National Anglo-Jewish Heritage Trail
'Philip Larkin is widely considered to be Britain's greatest post-war poet. Born in Coventry in 1922, he lived the greater part of his working life in Hull, having moved here in his early 30s to take up the post of University Librarian ...'
'Find the fish; explore the city. Follow Hull's unique pavement of fish, an A- Z of fish creating a tour of the historic Old Town.'
The Geology of the Hull Fish Trail [Hull Geological Society]
'Celebrates the bicentenary of the abolition of the transatlantic slave trade by that determined Yorkshireman <i>William Wilberforce</i> ... The walk was devised by the Yorkshire and Humber Faiths Forum and East Riding Community Cohesion Forum.'
Book obtainable from Dales Court Press
'For nearly 80 miles the Yorkshire Wolds Way wends through some of the most tranquil and gentle countryside in England. From the banks of the mighty Humber estuary, along wooded slopes and through serene dry valleys, the walk climbs gently onto the airy tops of the rolling hills where on a clear day "you can see forever". Descending from the northern escarpment the final section of the Way finishes on the dramatic headland of Filey Brigg.'
Recently Added Listings
- *Sherpa ExpeditionsCategory: Across the UK
- *EasyWaysCategory: Scotland
- England Coast Path - Camber to FolkestoneCategory: KentDistance (miles): 29
- *HikideasCategory: Across the UK
- England Coast Path - Filey Brigg to North GareCategory: North YorkshireDistance (miles): 68
- Ullswater WayCategory: EdenDistance (miles): 20
- Two Roses WayCategory: LancashireDistance (miles): 96
- *Berkshire WalkersCategory: Berkshire
- *Medal Routes - Aberdeen CityCategory: City of Aberdeen
- *Lucy's Walk Around BritainCategory: Across the UK
- *Lancashire Parks & GardensCategory: Lancashire
- Scottish Coast-to-Coast WalkCategory: ArgyllshireDistance (miles): 128
- Tan Hill Inn WalkCategory: RichmondshireDistance (miles): 10
- *Dyrham ParkCategory: South GloucestershireSize (acreage): 270
- *Gazetteer for ScotlandCategory: Paths & Trails in UK Local Government
- Shropshire Countryside Access and Public Rights of WayCategory: Shropshire
- *Walking in CumbriaCategory: Cumbria
- *WithinWarwickshireCategory: Warwickshire
- Harlech Town History TrailCategory: Merioneth
- Craik Muir Roman RoadCategory: RoxburghshireDistance (miles): 8
- *Ramblers - Sussex AreaCategory: Sussex
- Jane Eyre Hathersage TrailCategory: Derbyshire DalesDistance (miles): 6
- *Crychan ForestCategory: Brecknockshire
- *Anglesey Walking HolidaysCategory: Anglesey
- *Creative Rural Communities 'Vale Trails'Category: Vale of Glamorgan
- Barrow Circle TrailCategory: West DorsetDistance (miles): 6
- St Birinus Pilgrimage Route: Churn Knob - DorchesterCategory: South OxfordshireDistance (miles): 11
- Tramway TrailCategory: Aylesbury ValeDistance (miles): 6
- *Langport Two Day Walking FestivalCategory: South Somerset
- *National Sculpture Trail DirectoryCategory: Across the UK
- *Milton Keynes CouncilCategory: Milton Keynes
- *Holy Ghost CemeteryCategory: Basingstoke & DeaneSize (acreage): 3
- *Hartsholme Country Park and Swanholme Lakes Local Nature ReserveCategory: LincolnSize (acreage): 200
- *Finlaystone Country EstateCategory: RenfrewshireSize (acreage): 140
- Public Rights of Way in RutlandCategory: Rutland
- Cuilcagh WayCategory: Fermanagh & OmaghDistance (miles): 20
- *Hook Common and Bartley HeathCategory: HartSize (acreage): 330
- *Kent Health WalksCategory: Kent
- *Monmouth - Walkers Are WelcomeCategory: Monmouthshire
- Up & Doon Guided WalksCategory: Scotland
- *Plymouth RamblersCategory: Plymouth
- Sandwood BayCategory: SutherlandDistance (miles): 8
- *Global Adventure ChallengesCategory: Across the UK
- Rhondda RollercoasterCategory: Rhondda Cynon TafDistance (miles): 27
- Leamington and Warwick Riverside WalkCategory: WarwickDistance (miles): 4
- Rogation Sunday Boundary WalkCategory: MaidstoneDistance (miles): 8
- Nottingham Architectural Ale TrailCategory: Nottingham
- *Britain's Best Accessible Woods and Nature TrailsCategory: Across the UK
- Along the River Valley to Earls ColneCategory: BraintreeDistance (miles): 6
- Roadway Arts Walking TrailCategory: RedditchDistance (miles): 2
- >>> ALL Listings