Around and About, Halton
'Our group organises fortnightly Sunday coaches to the Peak District, Yorkshire Dales, Lake District, North Wales and Shropshire, picking up in Widnes, Runcorn and west Warrington. Typically 4 or 5 walks of different grades are offered on each outing. We also, in conjunction with the other groups in the North and Mid-Cheshire Area, organise around half a dozen full-day and half-day walks each week in these areas and closer to home.'
Around and About, Halton
'The Walking for Health program Halton run a schedule of weekly health walks lead by volunteers in Widnes and Runcorn ... A monthly schedule of walks is available on request.'
Wigg Island, Runcorn, Halton
'Through a partnership with Halton Borough Council, Cheshire Wildlife Trust now looks after the Wigg Island Visitor Centre in Wigg Island Community Park.'
Note that at the time of Review [12 February 2016] the Wildlife Trust Website did not have a description of this Reserve.
Wigg Island [Wikipedia]
'Regeneration project that will create a 65km/39 mile leisure route for walkers and cyclists along the historic Bridgewater Canal. The project is a fresh approach to the use of the towpath as a connection between communities around the Mersey Basin and the North West.'
Runcorn Hill Visitor Centre, Halton
'A long distance linear walk on roads and country paths linking town and countryside to parks, woodlands and other open spaces.'
'The canal takes you through some of the best scenes that our waterways have to offer, from the towering Anderton Boat Lift through to the nature reserve at picturesque Fradley Junction and the heritage-rich industrial sites of Stoke-on-Trent's potteries district ... The towpath creates a green corridor through Stoke-on-Trent, as well as offering a cycling and walking route through rural Staffordshire, Derbyshire and Cheshire.'
Windmill Hill, Halton
'The woods around Windmill Hill have something to offer everyone - whether it's a relaxing woodland stroll with friends, family outings, walking the dog or just enjoying the scenery ...'
Recently Added Listings
- *Sherpa ExpeditionsCategory: Across the UK
- *EasyWaysCategory: Scotland
- England Coast Path - Camber to FolkestoneCategory: KentDistance (miles): 29
- *HikideasCategory: Across the UK
- England Coast Path - Filey Brigg to North GareCategory: North YorkshireDistance (miles): 68
- Ullswater WayCategory: EdenDistance (miles): 20
- Two Roses WayCategory: LancashireDistance (miles): 96
- *Berkshire WalkersCategory: Berkshire
- *Medal Routes - Aberdeen CityCategory: City of Aberdeen
- *Lucy's Walk Around BritainCategory: Across the UK
- *Lancashire Parks & GardensCategory: Lancashire
- Scottish Coast-to-Coast WalkCategory: ArgyllshireDistance (miles): 128
- Tan Hill Inn WalkCategory: RichmondshireDistance (miles): 10
- *Dyrham ParkCategory: South GloucestershireSize (acreage): 270
- *Gazetteer for ScotlandCategory: Paths & Trails in UK Local Government
- Shropshire Countryside Access and Public Rights of WayCategory: Shropshire
- *Walking in CumbriaCategory: Cumbria
- *WithinWarwickshireCategory: Warwickshire
- Harlech Town History TrailCategory: Merioneth
- Craik Muir Roman RoadCategory: RoxburghshireDistance (miles): 8
- *Ramblers - Sussex AreaCategory: Sussex
- Jane Eyre Hathersage TrailCategory: Derbyshire DalesDistance (miles): 6
- *Crychan ForestCategory: Brecknockshire
- *Anglesey Walking HolidaysCategory: Anglesey
- *Creative Rural Communities 'Vale Trails'Category: Vale of Glamorgan
- Barrow Circle TrailCategory: West DorsetDistance (miles): 6
- St Birinus Pilgrimage Route: Churn Knob - DorchesterCategory: South OxfordshireDistance (miles): 11
- Tramway TrailCategory: Aylesbury ValeDistance (miles): 6
- *Langport Two Day Walking FestivalCategory: South Somerset
- *National Sculpture Trail DirectoryCategory: Across the UK
- *Milton Keynes CouncilCategory: Milton Keynes
- *Holy Ghost CemeteryCategory: Basingstoke & DeaneSize (acreage): 3
- *Hartsholme Country Park and Swanholme Lakes Local Nature ReserveCategory: LincolnSize (acreage): 200
- *Finlaystone Country EstateCategory: RenfrewshireSize (acreage): 140
- Public Rights of Way in RutlandCategory: Rutland
- Cuilcagh WayCategory: Fermanagh & OmaghDistance (miles): 20
- *Hook Common and Bartley HeathCategory: HartSize (acreage): 330
- *Kent Health WalksCategory: Kent
- *Monmouth - Walkers Are WelcomeCategory: Monmouthshire
- Up & Doon Guided WalksCategory: Scotland
- *Plymouth RamblersCategory: Plymouth
- Sandwood BayCategory: SutherlandDistance (miles): 8
- *Global Adventure ChallengesCategory: Across the UK
- Rhondda RollercoasterCategory: Rhondda Cynon TafDistance (miles): 27
- Leamington and Warwick Riverside WalkCategory: WarwickDistance (miles): 4
- Rogation Sunday Boundary WalkCategory: MaidstoneDistance (miles): 8
- Nottingham Architectural Ale TrailCategory: Nottingham
- *Britain's Best Accessible Woods and Nature TrailsCategory: Across the UK
- Along the River Valley to Earls ColneCategory: BraintreeDistance (miles): 6
- Roadway Arts Walking TrailCategory: RedditchDistance (miles): 2
- >>> ALL Listings