Around and About, Allerdale
'Specially designed "doorstep walk" guides have been created which suggest simple walking routes in each of the towns in the borough. All the suggested walking routes are are easily accessible and follow good footpaths. The aim is to encourage people to do at least 150 minutes of gentle exercise per week to improve their overall health.'
Around and About, Allerdale
'Designated in December 1964 in recognition of the quality of its landscape and its significant historic and scientific interest. It stretches from Rockcliffe in the North to Maryport in the South, covering about 115 square kilometres of the Solway Plain.'
'Interested in fell walking at harder or medium grades? We have 2 grades of walks A and B. We go fell-walking every fortnight on a Sunday irrespective of the weather and travel by coach ...'
'This long distance trail, of anything between 45 and 60 miles, stretches the length of the Cumbrian District of Allerdale, from Seathwaite in the Lake District to Grune Point on the Solway Firth.' Diary of a walk by Peter & Jeanne Donaghy, and John & Gillian Laidler during June 2005.
'The Armboth Fells at the eastern side of Derwentwater and the Dodds at the northern end of the Helvellyn range are real connoisseur's peaks. They do not have the overt showiness of some of the Lakeland mountains but set foot on their high rounded crests and peer over their craggy flanks to discover abundant charms.'
'Cockermouth is just three miles from Crummock Water and the dramatic Lakeland mountains. Cockermouth is a thriving market town with medieval and Georgian streets beneath the castle walls.'
Around and About Keswick, Allerdale
'Keswick and the Northern Lake District fells are renowned as a centre of excellence for walkers and hikers. From flat strolls along the old railway line, over the beautiful bridges and past the meandering River Derwent, to gruelling hikes over some of the toughest (and highest) fells in England, the area has walks for everyone and every walking ability ...'
Paul Buttle and DoKeswick.com
'The 35 km stretch of the England Coast Path from Allonby to Whitehaven is now open to the public. Coastal Access rights came into force along this stretch of coast on Friday 11 April 2014 by Order of the Secretary of State.'
'A lovely walk from Keswick along part of the old Cockermouth, Keswick, and Penrith Railway trackbed and up onto Latrigg which stands over Keswick.'
Around and About Keswick, Allerdale
'We have provided downloads of a variety of walks. Make sure you read Safety on the Fells before partaking in any outdoor activities! The walks to download are all tried and trusted walks - please download and enjoy ...'
'Walk between the beautiful Lakeland valleys of Borrowdale, Langdale, Wasdale and culminating in the ascent of Scafell Pike - England's highest mountain. This website is sponsored by the Scafell Hotel, Old Dungeon Ghyll Hotel and the Wasdale Head Inn – each one being the bases of climbing and walking in each valley respectively and each owned by experienced mountain walkers.' Unfortunately, the Website Link referenced here seems to have disappeared - so I have replaced it with a related Link.
'A British walk with two principal route options or the simpler challenge of walking the Hadrian's Wall Path over its entire length ... This walk offers a variety of interest and terrain. In addition to the Roman Connection there are many parts with extensive historical interest spanning the centuries with many signs of the Reiving history that dominated so many parts of this countryside. The walk includes City/urban sections, river sections, moor land, forestry and open hill top walks. This will be a route that will excite due to its variety, interest and beauty.'
Recently Added Listings
- *Sherpa ExpeditionsCategory: Across the UK
- *EasyWaysCategory: Scotland
- England Coast Path - Camber to FolkestoneCategory: KentDistance (miles): 29
- *HikideasCategory: Across the UK
- England Coast Path - Filey Brigg to North GareCategory: North YorkshireDistance (miles): 68
- Ullswater WayCategory: EdenDistance (miles): 20
- Two Roses WayCategory: LancashireDistance (miles): 96
- *Berkshire WalkersCategory: Berkshire
- *Medal Routes - Aberdeen CityCategory: City of Aberdeen
- *Lucy's Walk Around BritainCategory: Across the UK
- *Lancashire Parks & GardensCategory: Lancashire
- Scottish Coast-to-Coast WalkCategory: ArgyllshireDistance (miles): 128
- Tan Hill Inn WalkCategory: RichmondshireDistance (miles): 10
- *Dyrham ParkCategory: South GloucestershireSize (acreage): 270
- *Gazetteer for ScotlandCategory: Paths & Trails in UK Local Government
- Shropshire Countryside Access and Public Rights of WayCategory: Shropshire
- *Walking in CumbriaCategory: Cumbria
- *WithinWarwickshireCategory: Warwickshire
- Harlech Town History TrailCategory: Merioneth
- Craik Muir Roman RoadCategory: RoxburghshireDistance (miles): 8
- *Ramblers - Sussex AreaCategory: Sussex
- Jane Eyre Hathersage TrailCategory: Derbyshire DalesDistance (miles): 6
- *Crychan ForestCategory: Brecknockshire
- *Anglesey Walking HolidaysCategory: Anglesey
- *Creative Rural Communities 'Vale Trails'Category: Vale of Glamorgan
- Barrow Circle TrailCategory: West DorsetDistance (miles): 6
- St Birinus Pilgrimage Route: Churn Knob - DorchesterCategory: South OxfordshireDistance (miles): 11
- Tramway TrailCategory: Aylesbury ValeDistance (miles): 6
- *Langport Two Day Walking FestivalCategory: South Somerset
- *National Sculpture Trail DirectoryCategory: Across the UK
- *Milton Keynes CouncilCategory: Milton Keynes
- *Holy Ghost CemeteryCategory: Basingstoke & DeaneSize (acreage): 3
- *Hartsholme Country Park and Swanholme Lakes Local Nature ReserveCategory: LincolnSize (acreage): 200
- *Finlaystone Country EstateCategory: RenfrewshireSize (acreage): 140
- Public Rights of Way in RutlandCategory: Rutland
- Cuilcagh WayCategory: Fermanagh & OmaghDistance (miles): 20
- *Hook Common and Bartley HeathCategory: HartSize (acreage): 330
- *Kent Health WalksCategory: Kent
- *Monmouth - Walkers Are WelcomeCategory: Monmouthshire
- Up & Doon Guided WalksCategory: Scotland
- *Plymouth RamblersCategory: Plymouth
- Sandwood BayCategory: SutherlandDistance (miles): 8
- *Global Adventure ChallengesCategory: Across the UK
- Rhondda RollercoasterCategory: Rhondda Cynon TafDistance (miles): 27
- Leamington and Warwick Riverside WalkCategory: WarwickDistance (miles): 4
- Rogation Sunday Boundary WalkCategory: MaidstoneDistance (miles): 8
- Nottingham Architectural Ale TrailCategory: Nottingham
- *Britain's Best Accessible Woods and Nature TrailsCategory: Across the UK
- Along the River Valley to Earls ColneCategory: BraintreeDistance (miles): 6
- Roadway Arts Walking TrailCategory: RedditchDistance (miles): 2
- >>> ALL Listings