Pont Llogel, Llwydiarth, Montgomeryshire
'Winds an enchanting course down the Vyrnwy valley from Pont Llogel to Pontrobert.The way marked route runs in harmony with sections of Glyndŵr's Way, giving walkers various options including a 16 mile figure-of-eight excursion from Pont Llogel, plus two circular walks from Pont Llogel or Pontrobert.'
'This undulating route starts in the basin of the River Severn at the village of Caersws, or to give it its Roman name "Mediolanum" (The Central First). The railway station is built on an old Roman fort with some of the earthworks still visible as you start the walk into the rolling hills of Montgomeryshire ...'
Wynford Vaughan-Thomas Memorial, Montgomeryshire
'An entertaining and informative tour of an outstanding landscape in the north Cambrians, taking in the superb viewpoint of Foel Fadian and the two very different lakes of Glaslyn and Bugeilyn.'
Lake Vyrnwy, Montgomeryshire
'Our visitors' centre and well-stocked shop are the ideal places to start your visit. Join a trail through the woodland and birds are soon all around you ...'
'Here you will find 17 downloadable and printer friendly route descriptions and maps for you to make the most out of walking in Mid Wales.'
Pont Llogel, Montgomeryshire
'This challenging 15-mile linear walk traces a route between the Vyrnwy and Tanat Valleys, trodden in centuries past by pilgrims, quarrymen and drovers. It's an undulating route with long climbs linking the valley floors with huge tracts of open moor-land.'
'Based on the Celtic myth of Sabrina, a water nymph said to inhabit the waters of the River Severn, we have created a 25 mile circular route called the Sarn Sabrina and a shorter 12 mile route called the Semi-Sabrina. The Sarn Sabrina Walk is both a one day challenge walking event which held its inaugural walk in 2006, and a trail that can be walked over a number of days for you to savour the beautiful views the route encompasses ... ' Latest Date 28 May 2016.
Covers 20 places of historic interest around and about Welshpool, with brief information about each place. Each of the places also bears a plaque giving basic details of the premises.
Recently Added Listings
- *Sherpa ExpeditionsCategory: Across the UK
- *EasyWaysCategory: Scotland
- England Coast Path - Camber to FolkestoneCategory: KentDistance (miles): 29
- *HikideasCategory: Across the UK
- England Coast Path - Filey Brigg to North GareCategory: North YorkshireDistance (miles): 68
- Ullswater WayCategory: EdenDistance (miles): 20
- Two Roses WayCategory: LancashireDistance (miles): 96
- *Berkshire WalkersCategory: Berkshire
- *Medal Routes - Aberdeen CityCategory: City of Aberdeen
- *Lucy's Walk Around BritainCategory: Across the UK
- *Lancashire Parks & GardensCategory: Lancashire
- Scottish Coast-to-Coast WalkCategory: ArgyllshireDistance (miles): 128
- Tan Hill Inn WalkCategory: RichmondshireDistance (miles): 10
- *Dyrham ParkCategory: South GloucestershireSize (acreage): 270
- *Gazetteer for ScotlandCategory: Paths & Trails in UK Local Government
- Shropshire Countryside Access and Public Rights of WayCategory: Shropshire
- *Walking in CumbriaCategory: Cumbria
- *WithinWarwickshireCategory: Warwickshire
- Harlech Town History TrailCategory: Merioneth
- Craik Muir Roman RoadCategory: RoxburghshireDistance (miles): 8
- *Ramblers - Sussex AreaCategory: Sussex
- Jane Eyre Hathersage TrailCategory: Derbyshire DalesDistance (miles): 6
- *Crychan ForestCategory: Brecknockshire
- *Anglesey Walking HolidaysCategory: Anglesey
- *Creative Rural Communities 'Vale Trails'Category: Vale of Glamorgan
- Barrow Circle TrailCategory: West DorsetDistance (miles): 6
- St Birinus Pilgrimage Route: Churn Knob - DorchesterCategory: South OxfordshireDistance (miles): 11
- Tramway TrailCategory: Aylesbury ValeDistance (miles): 6
- *Langport Two Day Walking FestivalCategory: South Somerset
- *National Sculpture Trail DirectoryCategory: Across the UK
- *Milton Keynes CouncilCategory: Milton Keynes
- *Holy Ghost CemeteryCategory: Basingstoke & DeaneSize (acreage): 3
- *Hartsholme Country Park and Swanholme Lakes Local Nature ReserveCategory: LincolnSize (acreage): 200
- *Finlaystone Country EstateCategory: RenfrewshireSize (acreage): 140
- Public Rights of Way in RutlandCategory: Rutland
- Cuilcagh WayCategory: Fermanagh & OmaghDistance (miles): 20
- *Hook Common and Bartley HeathCategory: HartSize (acreage): 330
- *Kent Health WalksCategory: Kent
- *Monmouth - Walkers Are WelcomeCategory: Monmouthshire
- Up & Doon Guided WalksCategory: Scotland
- *Plymouth RamblersCategory: Plymouth
- Sandwood BayCategory: SutherlandDistance (miles): 8
- *Global Adventure ChallengesCategory: Across the UK
- Rhondda RollercoasterCategory: Rhondda Cynon TafDistance (miles): 27
- Leamington and Warwick Riverside WalkCategory: WarwickDistance (miles): 4
- Rogation Sunday Boundary WalkCategory: MaidstoneDistance (miles): 8
- Nottingham Architectural Ale TrailCategory: Nottingham
- *Britain's Best Accessible Woods and Nature TrailsCategory: Across the UK
- Along the River Valley to Earls ColneCategory: BraintreeDistance (miles): 6
- Roadway Arts Walking TrailCategory: RedditchDistance (miles): 2
- >>> ALL Listings