'Riverside walks never fail to be interesting, as rivers are havens for wildlife of all sorts and anything could drift past. Colourful narrowboats, shy waterbirds, the splash of a fish, eerie reeds as they sway in the breeze, if you stay alert all sorts of sights and sounds will delight you. These two fully waymarked walks along the River Avon will not disappoint, whatever time of year you visit. There are no stiles to negotiate on either walk.' Note that the URL originally used here has been replaced by another.
'The Blossom Trail allows visitors to explore the natural beauty of the Vale at its best ... There are so many ways in which to enjoy this beautiful natural attraction. Not only can you travel by car, but for those of you who prefer "the great outdoors" why not sample one of the Blossom Trail walks? These are a series of 3 walks designed with springtime blossom in mind, but they can be appreciated at anytime during the year.'
'We have published a number of walks on Bredon Hill that include various starting points. The majority are circular walks however we will include a couple of point to point walks for those who can arrange appropriate transport. The Wychavon Way is a walk that takes you from Droitwich to Broadway or vica-versa and it passes over Bredon Hill from Great Comberton to Ashton under Hill.' [Note that the Website is labelled 'Under Construction']
Bredon Hill Living Landscape 360 View [Worcestershire Wildlife Trust]
'A rewarding and varied walk following Britain's longest river and one of its earliest canals. This walk takes in almost the entire length of the Droitwich Barge Canal, one of canal pioneer James Brindley's earliest works. It then follows the mighty River Severn on its way into Worcester, approaching the city on the little-walked east bank.'
Note from the Canal & River Trust: 'We’ve previously hosted the details of a number of different walking and cycling routes. However, when we looked at them closely we weren’t convinced that all of our routes were completely accurate. We don’t want you to get lost trying to follow one of our routes and so we have removed them for now. We would like to add them back onto our website for everyone to enjoy. If you think you could spare the time to go and check one of our old routes, make sure the distance is correct and fill us in on the best parking spots and transport links then please email us ... In the meantime you can find some great canal and river walking routes at iFootpath ...'
'Nestling in the heart of agricultural Worcestershire is the picturesque parish of Hanbury. To help you explore all that this parish has to offer, Worcestershire County Council have recently developed a 6 ¾ mile circular walk. This varied walk combines canal-side walking, hedge-line fields, historic buildings and parkland.'
'The unique Millennium Way is a gem of a long-distance path, taking in 100 miles of the diverse, delightful and historic heart of England. The route extends from Pershore, Worcestershire, in the west to Middleton Cheney, Northamptonshire in the east.'
'Circular walks that have been designed to help you explore the Vale on foot. The walks are of varying distance and take in some of the Vale’s most spectacular views, interesting buildings and beautiful flora and fauna.'
'The walks are taken from Circular Walks in Worcestershire’s Heritage Garden published by Wychavon District Council.'
'You will be guided by the Wychavon Way logo through a variety of landscapes. From meadows, woodlands, orchards and riverside pastures, through hidden hollows and towering hilltops with stunning views over the famous Vale of Evesham and beyond.'
Recently Added Listings
- Peak District Boundary WalkCategory: High PeakDistance (miles): 190
- *Sherpa ExpeditionsCategory: Across the UK
- *EasyWaysCategory: Scotland
- England Coast Path - Camber to FolkestoneCategory: KentDistance (miles): 29
- *HikideasCategory: Across the UK
- England Coast Path - Filey Brigg to North GareCategory: North YorkshireDistance (miles): 68
- Ullswater WayCategory: EdenDistance (miles): 20
- Two Roses WayCategory: LancashireDistance (miles): 96
- *Berkshire WalkersCategory: Berkshire
- *Medal Routes - Aberdeen CityCategory: City of Aberdeen
- *Lucy's Walk Around BritainCategory: Across the UK
- *Lancashire Parks & GardensCategory: Lancashire
- Scottish Coast-to-Coast WalkCategory: ArgyllshireDistance (miles): 128
- Tan Hill Inn WalkCategory: RichmondshireDistance (miles): 10
- *Dyrham ParkCategory: South GloucestershireSize (acreage): 270
- *Gazetteer for ScotlandCategory: Paths & Trails in UK Local Government
- Shropshire Countryside Access and Public Rights of WayCategory: Shropshire
- *Walking in CumbriaCategory: Cumbria
- *WithinWarwickshireCategory: Warwickshire
- Harlech Town History TrailCategory: Merioneth
- Craik Muir Roman RoadCategory: RoxburghshireDistance (miles): 8
- *Ramblers - Sussex AreaCategory: Sussex
- Jane Eyre Hathersage TrailCategory: Derbyshire DalesDistance (miles): 6
- *Crychan ForestCategory: Brecknockshire
- *Anglesey Walking HolidaysCategory: Anglesey
- *Creative Rural Communities 'Vale Trails'Category: Vale of Glamorgan
- Barrow Circle TrailCategory: West DorsetDistance (miles): 6
- St Birinus Pilgrimage Route: Churn Knob - DorchesterCategory: South OxfordshireDistance (miles): 11
- Tramway TrailCategory: Aylesbury ValeDistance (miles): 6
- *Langport Two Day Walking FestivalCategory: South Somerset
- *National Sculpture Trail DirectoryCategory: Across the UK
- *Milton Keynes CouncilCategory: Milton Keynes
- *Holy Ghost CemeteryCategory: Basingstoke & DeaneSize (acreage): 3
- *Hartsholme Country Park and Swanholme Lakes Local Nature ReserveCategory: LincolnSize (acreage): 200
- *Finlaystone Country EstateCategory: RenfrewshireSize (acreage): 140
- Public Rights of Way in RutlandCategory: Rutland
- Cuilcagh WayCategory: Fermanagh & OmaghDistance (miles): 20
- *Hook Common and Bartley HeathCategory: HartSize (acreage): 330
- *Kent Health WalksCategory: Kent
- *Monmouth - Walkers Are WelcomeCategory: Monmouthshire
- Up & Doon Guided WalksCategory: Scotland
- *Plymouth RamblersCategory: Plymouth
- Sandwood BayCategory: SutherlandDistance (miles): 8
- *Global Adventure ChallengesCategory: Across the UK
- Rhondda RollercoasterCategory: Rhondda Cynon TafDistance (miles): 27
- Leamington and Warwick Riverside WalkCategory: WarwickDistance (miles): 4
- Rogation Sunday Boundary WalkCategory: MaidstoneDistance (miles): 8
- Nottingham Architectural Ale TrailCategory: Nottingham
- *Britain's Best Accessible Woods and Nature TrailsCategory: Across the UK
- Along the River Valley to Earls ColneCategory: BraintreeDistance (miles): 6
- >>> ALL Listings