'Links to view details, maps and leaflets of walks in and around the borough of Telford and Wrekin.'
'The Dawley Trail is a self-guided heritage walk which aims to bring alive much of the parish's rich history and culture. On the ground is a wealth of surviving buildings, artefacts, and often humble commemorations to an era of industrial enterprise, as well as the lives of important local characters ... '
'Route linking Wellington to Newport via Telford Town Centre. Historical and natural features are linked with the modern developments which have created the interesting mosaic that this distinctive local area.The route is based on a mixture of public rights of way, lanes, trackways through open spaces and paved footpaths providing the opportunity to explore many interesting places.'
'The route follows the Shropshire Union Railway for 2.5 miles. The Railway was opened in 1849 and ran from Wellington to Stafford.'
'In 1999, the late Mr John Slater, a long time resident of Ketley created a circular walk around the parishes of Ketley and Lawley & Overdale. Mr Slater had a keen interest in local history and created the route on which historical points of interest relating to the Ironmasters, Richard and William Reynolds would be identified.'
'A green corridor route through Telford from Bratton in the north-west corner via the Town Centre to the spectacular Ironbridge Gorge World Heritage Site. The route boasts great contrasts with futuristic new developments, pockets of woodland and meadow and mature parkland. For almost its entire length the route follows dry canal beds and disused railway lines.'
'Circular walking route that takes you on a journey around known, and lesser known, heritage sites within the Parishes of Stirchley & Brookside, Madeley, Dawley Hamlets and the Gorge.'
South Telford Way [South Telford Rights of Way Project (STROWP)]
'The most spectacular Shropshire walk with fantastic woodland and views to rival those of many higher mountains.'
'Why not park your car and explore the Ironbridge Gorge World Heritage Site by foot or bicycle? This Leaflet describes a variety of walks and cycle rides from each of the main car parks in the Gorge.'
Recently Added Listings
- *Sherpa ExpeditionsCategory: Across the UK
- *EasyWaysCategory: Scotland
- England Coast Path - Camber to FolkestoneCategory: KentDistance (miles): 29
- *HikideasCategory: Across the UK
- England Coast Path - Filey Brigg to North GareCategory: North YorkshireDistance (miles): 68
- Ullswater WayCategory: EdenDistance (miles): 20
- Two Roses WayCategory: LancashireDistance (miles): 96
- *Berkshire WalkersCategory: Berkshire
- *Medal Routes - Aberdeen CityCategory: City of Aberdeen
- *Lucy's Walk Around BritainCategory: Across the UK
- *Lancashire Parks & GardensCategory: Lancashire
- Scottish Coast-to-Coast WalkCategory: ArgyllshireDistance (miles): 128
- Tan Hill Inn WalkCategory: RichmondshireDistance (miles): 10
- *Dyrham ParkCategory: South GloucestershireSize (acreage): 270
- *Gazetteer for ScotlandCategory: Paths & Trails in UK Local Government
- Shropshire Countryside Access and Public Rights of WayCategory: Shropshire
- *Walking in CumbriaCategory: Cumbria
- *WithinWarwickshireCategory: Warwickshire
- Harlech Town History TrailCategory: Merioneth
- Craik Muir Roman RoadCategory: RoxburghshireDistance (miles): 8
- *Ramblers - Sussex AreaCategory: Sussex
- Jane Eyre Hathersage TrailCategory: Derbyshire DalesDistance (miles): 6
- *Crychan ForestCategory: Brecknockshire
- *Anglesey Walking HolidaysCategory: Anglesey
- *Creative Rural Communities 'Vale Trails'Category: Vale of Glamorgan
- Barrow Circle TrailCategory: West DorsetDistance (miles): 6
- St Birinus Pilgrimage Route: Churn Knob - DorchesterCategory: South OxfordshireDistance (miles): 11
- Tramway TrailCategory: Aylesbury ValeDistance (miles): 6
- *Langport Two Day Walking FestivalCategory: South Somerset
- *National Sculpture Trail DirectoryCategory: Across the UK
- *Milton Keynes CouncilCategory: Milton Keynes
- *Holy Ghost CemeteryCategory: Basingstoke & DeaneSize (acreage): 3
- *Hartsholme Country Park and Swanholme Lakes Local Nature ReserveCategory: LincolnSize (acreage): 200
- *Finlaystone Country EstateCategory: RenfrewshireSize (acreage): 140
- Public Rights of Way in RutlandCategory: Rutland
- Cuilcagh WayCategory: Fermanagh & OmaghDistance (miles): 20
- *Hook Common and Bartley HeathCategory: HartSize (acreage): 330
- *Kent Health WalksCategory: Kent
- *Monmouth - Walkers Are WelcomeCategory: Monmouthshire
- Up & Doon Guided WalksCategory: Scotland
- *Plymouth RamblersCategory: Plymouth
- Sandwood BayCategory: SutherlandDistance (miles): 8
- *Global Adventure ChallengesCategory: Across the UK
- Rhondda RollercoasterCategory: Rhondda Cynon TafDistance (miles): 27
- Leamington and Warwick Riverside WalkCategory: WarwickDistance (miles): 4
- Rogation Sunday Boundary WalkCategory: MaidstoneDistance (miles): 8
- Nottingham Architectural Ale TrailCategory: Nottingham
- *Britain's Best Accessible Woods and Nature TrailsCategory: Across the UK
- Along the River Valley to Earls ColneCategory: BraintreeDistance (miles): 6
- Roadway Arts Walking TrailCategory: RedditchDistance (miles): 2
- >>> ALL Listings