'The aim of the U3A Walking Group is to enable those members who are fit and able, to get out and enjoy the Somerset Countryside ... Unless stated all walks average 5 to 8 miles over a variety of terrain. Leaders have discretion to vary the route.'
'Cheddar is world famous for its cheese and stunning gorge, but many visitors are unaware of the rich diversity of landscape and walking country we have here. Through the Walkers are Welcome scheme, Cheddar promotes itself as a walker-friendly destination offering a number of walking routes of varying grades, starting from the village centre. We hope you enjoy your visit!'
'There is no need to join before walking with us – why not try us out a few times before deciding? We are a friendly and sociable group who share a love of the outdoors and we would be pleased to hear from you.'
Details of seven walks around and about Brent Knoll: 'Somerset is a pleasant place to walk in the South West of England. There are many pleasant walks around our village of Brent Knoll. Most of them are gentle and easy to follow but others present more of a challenge.'
'The 15 mile long canal path between Taunton and Bridgwater has been developed as a multi-user route to encourage walking and cycling. It forms part of the Sustrans cycle route 3. The canal path is an ideal way of passing through lowland Somerset, seeing areas of historic interest and natural beauty.'
Bridgwater River and Canal Trail [iFootpath]
'At almost 400ft (122m) deep and 3 miles long, this is England’s largest gorge, and with its weathered crags and pinnacles, one of our most spectacular natural sites. It plays host to a varied community of specialized plants and wildlife, many of which you’ll get to spot on this exhilarating circular walk.'
Cheddar Gorge Cliff Top Walk [Longleat Enterprises Limited]
'In the Footsteps of the Romantic Poet Samuel Taylor Coleridge (1772 - 1834), walk 36 miles through the stunning Somerset countryside of the Quantock Hills, the Brendon Hills and Exmoor, a landscape that inspired Coleridge to produce some of his best known work.'
'Sculpture trail model of the solar system, located in Somerset, England. The model uses the towpath of the 22-kilometre (14-mile) Bridgwater and Taunton Canal to display a model of the Sun and its planets in their proportionally correct sizes and distances apart. Unusually for a solar system model, there are two sets of planets.
'Runs from the hamlet of Steart to the coastal resort of Minehead and passes through the Quantock Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB). The Coast Path links the River Parrett Trail to the South West Coast Path National Trail. The path also joins the Coleridge Way and Quantock Greenway just south of the A39 near East Quantoxhead.'
Recently Added Listings
- *Sherpa ExpeditionsCategory: Across the UK
- *EasyWaysCategory: Scotland
- England Coast Path - Camber to FolkestoneCategory: KentDistance (miles): 29
- *HikideasCategory: Across the UK
- England Coast Path - Filey Brigg to North GareCategory: North YorkshireDistance (miles): 68
- Ullswater WayCategory: EdenDistance (miles): 20
- Two Roses WayCategory: LancashireDistance (miles): 96
- *Berkshire WalkersCategory: Berkshire
- *Medal Routes - Aberdeen CityCategory: City of Aberdeen
- *Lucy's Walk Around BritainCategory: Across the UK
- *Lancashire Parks & GardensCategory: Lancashire
- Scottish Coast-to-Coast WalkCategory: ArgyllshireDistance (miles): 128
- Tan Hill Inn WalkCategory: RichmondshireDistance (miles): 10
- *Dyrham ParkCategory: South GloucestershireSize (acreage): 270
- *Gazetteer for ScotlandCategory: Paths & Trails in UK Local Government
- Shropshire Countryside Access and Public Rights of WayCategory: Shropshire
- *Walking in CumbriaCategory: Cumbria
- *WithinWarwickshireCategory: Warwickshire
- Harlech Town History TrailCategory: Merioneth
- Craik Muir Roman RoadCategory: RoxburghshireDistance (miles): 8
- *Ramblers - Sussex AreaCategory: Sussex
- Jane Eyre Hathersage TrailCategory: Derbyshire DalesDistance (miles): 6
- *Crychan ForestCategory: Brecknockshire
- *Anglesey Walking HolidaysCategory: Anglesey
- *Creative Rural Communities 'Vale Trails'Category: Vale of Glamorgan
- Barrow Circle TrailCategory: West DorsetDistance (miles): 6
- St Birinus Pilgrimage Route: Churn Knob - DorchesterCategory: South OxfordshireDistance (miles): 11
- Tramway TrailCategory: Aylesbury ValeDistance (miles): 6
- *Langport Two Day Walking FestivalCategory: South Somerset
- *National Sculpture Trail DirectoryCategory: Across the UK
- *Milton Keynes CouncilCategory: Milton Keynes
- *Holy Ghost CemeteryCategory: Basingstoke & DeaneSize (acreage): 3
- *Hartsholme Country Park and Swanholme Lakes Local Nature ReserveCategory: LincolnSize (acreage): 200
- *Finlaystone Country EstateCategory: RenfrewshireSize (acreage): 140
- Public Rights of Way in RutlandCategory: Rutland
- Cuilcagh WayCategory: Fermanagh & OmaghDistance (miles): 20
- *Hook Common and Bartley HeathCategory: HartSize (acreage): 330
- *Kent Health WalksCategory: Kent
- *Monmouth - Walkers Are WelcomeCategory: Monmouthshire
- Up & Doon Guided WalksCategory: Scotland
- *Plymouth RamblersCategory: Plymouth
- Sandwood BayCategory: SutherlandDistance (miles): 8
- *Global Adventure ChallengesCategory: Across the UK
- Rhondda RollercoasterCategory: Rhondda Cynon TafDistance (miles): 27
- Leamington and Warwick Riverside WalkCategory: WarwickDistance (miles): 4
- Rogation Sunday Boundary WalkCategory: MaidstoneDistance (miles): 8
- Nottingham Architectural Ale TrailCategory: Nottingham
- *Britain's Best Accessible Woods and Nature TrailsCategory: Across the UK
- Along the River Valley to Earls ColneCategory: BraintreeDistance (miles): 6
- Roadway Arts Walking TrailCategory: RedditchDistance (miles): 2
- >>> ALL Listings