'Guisborough is a small market town on the edge of the North York Moors National Park ... and you count in minutes how long it takes to walk into the National Park ... Guisborough is within easy reach of the coastal town of Whitby, and the seaside villages of Staithes, Runswick Bay, Sandsend and on the far side of Whitby, Robin Hoods Bay, all of which can be visited on many walks and on the Cleveland Way.'
'Guisborough is a perfect place for a walk with access up on to the North York Moors and beyond. There are 3 waymarked walks around the forest through a range of different woodland types or why not venture up to Roseberry Topping.'
'We provide opportunities for our fast-growing membership to meet like-minded people, and to get involved in a wide range of interest groups. We get together to meet new people, to try new activities, to have a go at coordinating a group, and most of all to have fun in learning.'
'Established since 1982, we are a friendly bunch who welcome new members and visitors alike. We have been doing one social walk each month; however from 2012 we will be doing two walks a month, one of which will be a shorter walk around 16 miles ... We walk on the Cleveland Hills, North Yorkshire Moors, Yorkshire & Durham Dales, Coast and the Lake District.'
'For those wishing to explore locally, there are many footpaths and short walks around the area including the Loftus Town Trail, Loftus Historic Woods, Miners Way, Skinningrove Valley Trail, Carlin How Village Heritage Trail, the Cleveland Street and walks through the Kilton Valley.'
'Hike for miles or stroll for an hour. In Redcar, Saltburn and Guisborough you can walk without crowds, through unspoilt landscapes and beside some of the most scenic beaches in Britain!'
Held Late January/Early February'We are hoping for some mild winter weather, but British weather can be temperamental, so expect some snow, rain and strong winds! Please be prepared and dress appropriately ...'
'Currently (December 2015) the group has over 800 members who are drawn from a wide area of East Cleveland, including Saltburn, Marske, New Marske, Loftus, Skelton, Easington, Brotton and Redcar.'. 'Walking' Groups listed include:  Walking 1 - - - :  Walking 2 - - - :  Walking 3 - 10 to 12 miles.
'Saltburn Gill is a 52 acre woodland nature reserve nestling in the shadow of Saltburn by the Sea, where drifts of Wild Garlic and Bluebells herald the arrival of Spring and where sightings of Roe deer are always a possibility.'
Saltburn Gill [Tees Valley Wildlife Trust]
Details of a number of walks around and about this Unitary Authority alongside those within local authorities throughout most of the United Kingdom.
'Celebrates the iron and steel history of the Borough. Linking Eston and Skinningrove the trail follows public footpaths passing industrial sites. One aspect of the trail is that it recognises the commitment of many of the villages and community groups that are promoting the importance of heritage in their area.'
Recently Added Listings
- Peak District Boundary WalkCategory: High PeakDistance (miles): 190
- *Sherpa ExpeditionsCategory: Across the UK
- *EasyWaysCategory: Scotland
- England Coast Path - Camber to FolkestoneCategory: KentDistance (miles): 29
- *HikideasCategory: Across the UK
- England Coast Path - Filey Brigg to North GareCategory: North YorkshireDistance (miles): 68
- Ullswater WayCategory: EdenDistance (miles): 20
- Two Roses WayCategory: LancashireDistance (miles): 96
- *Berkshire WalkersCategory: Berkshire
- *Medal Routes - Aberdeen CityCategory: City of Aberdeen
- *Lucy's Walk Around BritainCategory: Across the UK
- *Lancashire Parks & GardensCategory: Lancashire
- Scottish Coast-to-Coast WalkCategory: ArgyllshireDistance (miles): 128
- Tan Hill Inn WalkCategory: RichmondshireDistance (miles): 10
- *Dyrham ParkCategory: South GloucestershireSize (acreage): 270
- *Gazetteer for ScotlandCategory: Paths & Trails in UK Local Government
- Shropshire Countryside Access and Public Rights of WayCategory: Shropshire
- *Walking in CumbriaCategory: Cumbria
- *WithinWarwickshireCategory: Warwickshire
- Harlech Town History TrailCategory: Merioneth
- Craik Muir Roman RoadCategory: RoxburghshireDistance (miles): 8
- *Ramblers - Sussex AreaCategory: Sussex
- Jane Eyre Hathersage TrailCategory: Derbyshire DalesDistance (miles): 6
- *Crychan ForestCategory: Brecknockshire
- *Anglesey Walking HolidaysCategory: Anglesey
- *Creative Rural Communities 'Vale Trails'Category: Vale of Glamorgan
- Barrow Circle TrailCategory: West DorsetDistance (miles): 6
- St Birinus Pilgrimage Route: Churn Knob - DorchesterCategory: South OxfordshireDistance (miles): 11
- Tramway TrailCategory: Aylesbury ValeDistance (miles): 6
- *Langport Two Day Walking FestivalCategory: South Somerset
- *National Sculpture Trail DirectoryCategory: Across the UK
- *Milton Keynes CouncilCategory: Milton Keynes
- *Holy Ghost CemeteryCategory: Basingstoke & DeaneSize (acreage): 3
- *Hartsholme Country Park and Swanholme Lakes Local Nature ReserveCategory: LincolnSize (acreage): 200
- *Finlaystone Country EstateCategory: RenfrewshireSize (acreage): 140
- Public Rights of Way in RutlandCategory: Rutland
- Cuilcagh WayCategory: Fermanagh & OmaghDistance (miles): 20
- *Hook Common and Bartley HeathCategory: HartSize (acreage): 330
- *Kent Health WalksCategory: Kent
- *Monmouth - Walkers Are WelcomeCategory: Monmouthshire
- Up & Doon Guided WalksCategory: Scotland
- *Plymouth RamblersCategory: Plymouth
- Sandwood BayCategory: SutherlandDistance (miles): 8
- *Global Adventure ChallengesCategory: Across the UK
- Rhondda RollercoasterCategory: Rhondda Cynon TafDistance (miles): 27
- Leamington and Warwick Riverside WalkCategory: WarwickDistance (miles): 4
- Rogation Sunday Boundary WalkCategory: MaidstoneDistance (miles): 8
- Nottingham Architectural Ale TrailCategory: Nottingham
- *Britain's Best Accessible Woods and Nature TrailsCategory: Across the UK
- Along the River Valley to Earls ColneCategory: BraintreeDistance (miles): 6
- >>> ALL Listings