Around and About, Pendle
'Pendle's award-winning event, now regarded as the biggest free Walking Festival in the country ...'
Latest Dates 15-23 August 2015.
Wycoller Country Park, Pendle
'Wycoller is one of Lancashire's hidden gems. Those who are lucky enough to discover the historic village and its enchanted valley, are immediately captivated by its beauty.'
Wycoller Country Park [CreativeLens]
'The full walk of takes you to the summit of Boulsworth Hill so be prepared for uneven paths in this remote landscape. We use an old moorland pack horse trail before dropping down to the hamlet of Wycoller with its Brontë associations.'
Railway Street, Nelson, Pendle
'A walk of 36 Km through East Lancashire's beautiful countryside visiting the Nelson ILP Clarion House and the former Clarion Houses at Colne and Burnley ... Much of the route borrows sections of the Pendle Way, the Burnley Way and the Brontë Way. These routes are waymarked. Care should be taken to avoid confusing the emblems used for the Burnley Way and the Brontë Way. Both routes use the symbol "B", however the colours are different ...'
Gwyndon (John) Boardman and Nelson Independent Labour Party Land Society
Waterside, Colne, Pendle
'Starts in Barrowford and finishes at Lancaster Castle and commemorates the 400th anniversary of the hanging of the Lancashire Witches.'
Colne & Nelson Rugby Union Football Club Car Park, Colne, Pendle
'A great series of four easy circular walks from two to five miles. Most are easy walking and include sections along the Leeds & Liverpool Canal towpath and through Alkincoates Park Nature Reserve. Admire the views whilst you watch beautiful wildlife and plants.'
Sparrowhawk, Fence, Pendle
'Annual charity walk around the stunning Pendle countryside - using its finest hostelries as way-points. The sponsored walk is a combination of countryside and road-walking which provides epic views of the Pendle area. The full route is around 12 miles, but can be as short as 6 miles ... Raising funds for Pendleside Hospice.' Usually held mid June.
'An ever popular route is The Pendle Way. Starting at the Pendle Heritage Centre in Barrowford this route circles the district but is split into eight manageable “chunks”.'
Around and About, Pendle
'Gloriously varied and unspoilt countryside awaits those who walk Pendle's own "Three Peaks". Ideal for a long weekend, Pendle, Boulsworth and Weets Hills offer three enjoyable walks in this undiscovered corner of Lancashire.'
'Four fascinating, mainly town trails, giving an insight into the cotton industry, the canal, and water power. Points of interest along the way include 16th Marsden Hall, award-winning Lomeshaye Marsh Local Nature Reserve, St Mary's Church, with the second highest spire in Lancashire, and Selina Cooper's home, a famous local suffragist, and fighter for worker's rights.'
Laneshaw Bridge, Pendle
'Three historic and beautiful villages make up this long circular walk which is nearly 12 miles in total - though it can be split into smaller chunks. All are visitor gems in their own right. Foulridge for its historic canalside buildings and boat rides. Picturesque Laneshaw Bridge, and Trawden, where many a walker starts his ascent of Boulsworth Hill. Enjoy!'
'Circular walk in two parts, ideal for a walking weekend or short break. The walk goes through some of Lancashire's and North Yorkshire's finest countyside, including Kelbrook Moor, Weets Hill, with its views over the Yorkshire Dales, and also takes in part of the Pennine way.'
Recently Added Listings
- *Sherpa ExpeditionsCategory: Across the UK
- *EasyWaysCategory: Scotland
- England Coast Path - Camber to FolkestoneCategory: KentDistance (miles): 29
- *HikideasCategory: Across the UK
- England Coast Path - Filey Brigg to North GareCategory: North YorkshireDistance (miles): 68
- Ullswater WayCategory: EdenDistance (miles): 20
- Two Roses WayCategory: LancashireDistance (miles): 96
- *Berkshire WalkersCategory: Berkshire
- *Medal Routes - Aberdeen CityCategory: City of Aberdeen
- *Lucy's Walk Around BritainCategory: Across the UK
- *Lancashire Parks & GardensCategory: Lancashire
- Scottish Coast-to-Coast WalkCategory: ArgyllshireDistance (miles): 128
- Tan Hill Inn WalkCategory: RichmondshireDistance (miles): 10
- *Dyrham ParkCategory: South GloucestershireSize (acreage): 270
- *Gazetteer for ScotlandCategory: Paths & Trails in UK Local Government
- Shropshire Countryside Access and Public Rights of WayCategory: Shropshire
- *Walking in CumbriaCategory: Cumbria
- *WithinWarwickshireCategory: Warwickshire
- Harlech Town History TrailCategory: Merioneth
- Craik Muir Roman RoadCategory: RoxburghshireDistance (miles): 8
- *Ramblers - Sussex AreaCategory: Sussex
- Jane Eyre Hathersage TrailCategory: Derbyshire DalesDistance (miles): 6
- *Crychan ForestCategory: Brecknockshire
- *Anglesey Walking HolidaysCategory: Anglesey
- *Creative Rural Communities 'Vale Trails'Category: Vale of Glamorgan
- Barrow Circle TrailCategory: West DorsetDistance (miles): 6
- St Birinus Pilgrimage Route: Churn Knob - DorchesterCategory: South OxfordshireDistance (miles): 11
- Tramway TrailCategory: Aylesbury ValeDistance (miles): 6
- *Langport Two Day Walking FestivalCategory: South Somerset
- *National Sculpture Trail DirectoryCategory: Across the UK
- *Milton Keynes CouncilCategory: Milton Keynes
- *Holy Ghost CemeteryCategory: Basingstoke & DeaneSize (acreage): 3
- *Hartsholme Country Park and Swanholme Lakes Local Nature ReserveCategory: LincolnSize (acreage): 200
- *Finlaystone Country EstateCategory: RenfrewshireSize (acreage): 140
- Public Rights of Way in RutlandCategory: Rutland
- Cuilcagh WayCategory: Fermanagh & OmaghDistance (miles): 20
- *Hook Common and Bartley HeathCategory: HartSize (acreage): 330
- *Kent Health WalksCategory: Kent
- *Monmouth - Walkers Are WelcomeCategory: Monmouthshire
- Up & Doon Guided WalksCategory: Scotland
- *Plymouth RamblersCategory: Plymouth
- Sandwood BayCategory: SutherlandDistance (miles): 8
- *Global Adventure ChallengesCategory: Across the UK
- Rhondda RollercoasterCategory: Rhondda Cynon TafDistance (miles): 27
- Leamington and Warwick Riverside WalkCategory: WarwickDistance (miles): 4
- Rogation Sunday Boundary WalkCategory: MaidstoneDistance (miles): 8
- Nottingham Architectural Ale TrailCategory: Nottingham
- *Britain's Best Accessible Woods and Nature TrailsCategory: Across the UK
- Along the River Valley to Earls ColneCategory: BraintreeDistance (miles): 6
- Roadway Arts Walking TrailCategory: RedditchDistance (miles): 2
- >>> ALL Listings