'Ilfracombe is the centre for some of the finest walking country in England. Whether you enjoy a gentle promenade walk around Capstone Hill, the rugged coastal path or prefer the river valleys and tranquillity of the moorland hills of Exmoor National Park you will find the scenery spectacular. Words somehow cannot fully capture this natural beauty, this "great outdoors".'
The walking capital of Exmoor 'Located on the stunning North Devon coast and surrounded by the breathtaking scenery of Exmoor National Park, it's easy to see the appeal of Lynton & Lynmouth as a top walking holiday destination ...'
'Three walks for a Summer's evening ... Westleigh has numerous footpaths, and several forgotten byways suitable for circular walks, short enough for an evening stroll, longer routes to build up a thirst and right out into the sticks to earn a slap up supper.'
'This tour will guide you around some of Barnstaple’s interesting buildings and monuments, helping to piece together the story of a town that is well over 1000 years old.'
'Explore Braunton is a community project, established by the North Devon Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty Partnership, which aims to bring to life the wealth of resources for local residents, visiting public and school children in a way that has never been seen before.'
'A number of easy access trails within North Devon's Biosphere Reserve have been specially surveyed and entered onto the Phototrails website. Each walk is described through a slideshow of photographs, providing information which lets you see just what the walk is like. They include information on the surrounding environment, the walk distance and the features and highlights that you will find along the way.'
'The Tarka Trail is one of the country's longest continuous traffic-free walking and cycling paths, and forms part of the Devon Coast to Coast Cycle Route.'
'Nestling in a high valley amidst the Exmoor moorland, Home Place Cottages and Spa is set in five acres of private meadowland with its own lake for you to relax by ... Fresh air, little trafic and natural beauty are all an important part of the spa experience. Exmoor National Park is an area of outstanding natural beauty, famous for its red deer and ponies, spectacular scenery and pretty villages which provide an excellent backdrop for walking and riding ...'
Recently Added Listings
- Peak District Boundary WalkCategory: High PeakDistance (miles): 190
- *Sherpa ExpeditionsCategory: Across the UK
- *EasyWaysCategory: Scotland
- England Coast Path - Camber to FolkestoneCategory: KentDistance (miles): 29
- *HikideasCategory: Across the UK
- England Coast Path - Filey Brigg to North GareCategory: North YorkshireDistance (miles): 68
- Ullswater WayCategory: EdenDistance (miles): 20
- Two Roses WayCategory: LancashireDistance (miles): 96
- *Berkshire WalkersCategory: Berkshire
- *Medal Routes - Aberdeen CityCategory: City of Aberdeen
- *Lucy's Walk Around BritainCategory: Across the UK
- *Lancashire Parks & GardensCategory: Lancashire
- Scottish Coast-to-Coast WalkCategory: ArgyllshireDistance (miles): 128
- Tan Hill Inn WalkCategory: RichmondshireDistance (miles): 10
- *Dyrham ParkCategory: South GloucestershireSize (acreage): 270
- *Gazetteer for ScotlandCategory: Paths & Trails in UK Local Government
- Shropshire Countryside Access and Public Rights of WayCategory: Shropshire
- *Walking in CumbriaCategory: Cumbria
- *WithinWarwickshireCategory: Warwickshire
- Harlech Town History TrailCategory: Merioneth
- Craik Muir Roman RoadCategory: RoxburghshireDistance (miles): 8
- *Ramblers - Sussex AreaCategory: Sussex
- Jane Eyre Hathersage TrailCategory: Derbyshire DalesDistance (miles): 6
- *Crychan ForestCategory: Brecknockshire
- *Anglesey Walking HolidaysCategory: Anglesey
- *Creative Rural Communities 'Vale Trails'Category: Vale of Glamorgan
- Barrow Circle TrailCategory: West DorsetDistance (miles): 6
- St Birinus Pilgrimage Route: Churn Knob - DorchesterCategory: South OxfordshireDistance (miles): 11
- Tramway TrailCategory: Aylesbury ValeDistance (miles): 6
- *Langport Two Day Walking FestivalCategory: South Somerset
- *National Sculpture Trail DirectoryCategory: Across the UK
- *Milton Keynes CouncilCategory: Milton Keynes
- *Holy Ghost CemeteryCategory: Basingstoke & DeaneSize (acreage): 3
- *Hartsholme Country Park and Swanholme Lakes Local Nature ReserveCategory: LincolnSize (acreage): 200
- *Finlaystone Country EstateCategory: RenfrewshireSize (acreage): 140
- Public Rights of Way in RutlandCategory: Rutland
- Cuilcagh WayCategory: Fermanagh & OmaghDistance (miles): 20
- *Hook Common and Bartley HeathCategory: HartSize (acreage): 330
- *Kent Health WalksCategory: Kent
- *Monmouth - Walkers Are WelcomeCategory: Monmouthshire
- Up & Doon Guided WalksCategory: Scotland
- *Plymouth RamblersCategory: Plymouth
- Sandwood BayCategory: SutherlandDistance (miles): 8
- *Global Adventure ChallengesCategory: Across the UK
- Rhondda RollercoasterCategory: Rhondda Cynon TafDistance (miles): 27
- Leamington and Warwick Riverside WalkCategory: WarwickDistance (miles): 4
- Rogation Sunday Boundary WalkCategory: MaidstoneDistance (miles): 8
- Nottingham Architectural Ale TrailCategory: Nottingham
- *Britain's Best Accessible Woods and Nature TrailsCategory: Across the UK
- Along the River Valley to Earls ColneCategory: BraintreeDistance (miles): 6
- >>> ALL Listings