Newcastle upon Tyne
'City Walking ... Fell Walking ... Nordic Walking ... Orienteering ... Race Walking ... Rambling'
'This is one of the oldest Rambling Clubs in the country, with a continuous history since 1902. Originally we were a local group of two organisations: CHA - once the "Co-operative Holidays Association" - now Countrywide Holidays taken over by Ramblers Holidays; HF - once “Holidays Fellowship” - now HF Holidays. Ramblers Holidays and HF Holidays still provide walking holidays or special interest holidays in Great Britain and abroad. '
'We are a walking club located in the North East of England close to Newcastle upon Tyne. We run a walking programme with planned walks every other Saturday throughout the year.'
'Covers about 60 hectares of land, with miles of footpaths and bridleway that allow you to explore the park and wider countryside. The landscape in the Park is made up of farmland, woodland and grassland areas ... Hadrian's Wall Path also runs through the Park so there is scope for continuing your walk along this Path.'
Tyne Riverside Country Park [GPS Cycle & Walking Routes]
'We are a walking and outdoor activities group based on Tyneside. The Group was formerly Newcastle local YHA group. We regularly walk in the Northumberland and Durham area, usually on Sundays; the walks are between 7 and 12 miles.'
'Perfect for visitors to NewcastleGateshead as you can explore the city on foot taking in the best sights, attractions, buildings and monuments. The guides are also great for locals, who want to discover more about the place where they live ... The walks start and end at a Metro station, so they are always easy to get to and find.'
'A former colliery site, this reserve has been extensively landscaped to create a wildlife haven on the edge of the city with a hill, grassland, scrub, reedbed and woodland areas ... Many paths are accessible for wheelchair users.'
'We have produced several leaflets that will help you enjoy the heritage of Newcastle: Explore Heritage: Newcastle Gateshead; Explore Heritage: The Victoria Tunnel; Explore Heritage: Old Newcastle; Explore Heritage: Blackfriars.'
Recently Added Listings
- *Sherpa ExpeditionsCategory: Across the UK
- *EasyWaysCategory: Scotland
- England Coast Path - Camber to FolkestoneCategory: KentDistance (miles): 29
- *HikideasCategory: Across the UK
- England Coast Path - Filey Brigg to North GareCategory: North YorkshireDistance (miles): 68
- Ullswater WayCategory: EdenDistance (miles): 20
- Two Roses WayCategory: LancashireDistance (miles): 96
- *Berkshire WalkersCategory: Berkshire
- *Medal Routes - Aberdeen CityCategory: City of Aberdeen
- *Lucy's Walk Around BritainCategory: Across the UK
- *Lancashire Parks & GardensCategory: Lancashire
- Scottish Coast-to-Coast WalkCategory: ArgyllshireDistance (miles): 128
- Tan Hill Inn WalkCategory: RichmondshireDistance (miles): 10
- *Dyrham ParkCategory: South GloucestershireSize (acreage): 270
- *Gazetteer for ScotlandCategory: Paths & Trails in UK Local Government
- Shropshire Countryside Access and Public Rights of WayCategory: Shropshire
- *Walking in CumbriaCategory: Cumbria
- *WithinWarwickshireCategory: Warwickshire
- Harlech Town History TrailCategory: Merioneth
- Craik Muir Roman RoadCategory: RoxburghshireDistance (miles): 8
- *Ramblers - Sussex AreaCategory: Sussex
- Jane Eyre Hathersage TrailCategory: Derbyshire DalesDistance (miles): 6
- *Crychan ForestCategory: Brecknockshire
- *Anglesey Walking HolidaysCategory: Anglesey
- *Creative Rural Communities 'Vale Trails'Category: Vale of Glamorgan
- Barrow Circle TrailCategory: West DorsetDistance (miles): 6
- St Birinus Pilgrimage Route: Churn Knob - DorchesterCategory: South OxfordshireDistance (miles): 11
- Tramway TrailCategory: Aylesbury ValeDistance (miles): 6
- *Langport Two Day Walking FestivalCategory: South Somerset
- *National Sculpture Trail DirectoryCategory: Across the UK
- *Milton Keynes CouncilCategory: Milton Keynes
- *Holy Ghost CemeteryCategory: Basingstoke & DeaneSize (acreage): 3
- *Hartsholme Country Park and Swanholme Lakes Local Nature ReserveCategory: LincolnSize (acreage): 200
- *Finlaystone Country EstateCategory: RenfrewshireSize (acreage): 140
- Public Rights of Way in RutlandCategory: Rutland
- Cuilcagh WayCategory: Fermanagh & OmaghDistance (miles): 20
- *Hook Common and Bartley HeathCategory: HartSize (acreage): 330
- *Kent Health WalksCategory: Kent
- *Monmouth - Walkers Are WelcomeCategory: Monmouthshire
- Up & Doon Guided WalksCategory: Scotland
- *Plymouth RamblersCategory: Plymouth
- Sandwood BayCategory: SutherlandDistance (miles): 8
- *Global Adventure ChallengesCategory: Across the UK
- Rhondda RollercoasterCategory: Rhondda Cynon TafDistance (miles): 27
- Leamington and Warwick Riverside WalkCategory: WarwickDistance (miles): 4
- Rogation Sunday Boundary WalkCategory: MaidstoneDistance (miles): 8
- Nottingham Architectural Ale TrailCategory: Nottingham
- *Britain's Best Accessible Woods and Nature TrailsCategory: Across the UK
- Along the River Valley to Earls ColneCategory: BraintreeDistance (miles): 6
- Roadway Arts Walking TrailCategory: RedditchDistance (miles): 2
- >>> ALL Listings