Neath Port Talbot
'Afan Forest Park has 14 way marked circular walks and has therefore become a major walking destination. Our walks are diverse, varying from a one mile leisurely stroll to a ten mile (bring a packed lunch) hike. The starting points for our walks are Afan Forest Park Visitor Centre, Rhsylyn Car Park and Glyncorrwg Ponds Visitor Centre ... We have two walking packs available to ensure that you don’t get lost out on the trails. "Walks in Afan Forest Park" and "Walks in the Corrwg Valley" include information, directions and maps on all 14 walks.'
'With beautiful waterfall walks, country parks, towpaths, a seafront promenade and rights of way through some of the most spectacular views of Neath Port Talbot, the Brecon Beacons and Swansea, there is a huge variety of scenery to enjoy.'
'At Neath Port Talbot we are committed to established regular walking groups throughout as many areas as possible ...'
'The 800 acres of Margam Park provides a perfect backdrop for a walk in the countryside whether it be a stroll after Sunday lunch or a hike along the Coed Morgannwg Way to Afan Forest Park Country Park, our sister country park in the Afan Valley.'
Descriptions of sixteen places associated with the naturalist and evolutionist - many accompanied by a downloadable Audio Clip.
'The Dulais Valley is an ex-coal mining community situated at the northern boundary of Neath Port Talbot and is on the edge of the Brecon Beacons National Park ... The trails on this site will help you to learn more about the valley and its history. Explore the links ... to see school trails, village trails, a time line and other useful information.'
'Scenic long distance path in South Wales. It follows public footpaths, bridleways, forest tracks, common land and quiet lanes along the ridgeline from Margam Country Park, near Port Talbot, through spectacular upland and valley scenery to Caerphilly Castle.'
Walking in the South Wales Valleys by Mike Dunn (Cicerone, 2012) offers '32 day routes and 2 weekend backpacking routes (the Coed Morgannwg Way and Glamorgan Ridgeway) across the valleys, ridges and coast of South Wales'.
'Provides a haven for wildlife within a stone's throw of the centre of Neath. Why not enjoy one or all three of the Gnoll Wildlife Walks that help you explore the Park and discover its wildlife.'
'The two walking trails, entitled The Birthplace Trail and Childhood Trail will take you in Richard’s footsteps around Pontrhydyfen and Taibach. Both trails include a children’s play area and a scenic picnic spot.'
Recently Added Listings
- Peak District Boundary WalkCategory: High PeakDistance (miles): 190
- *Sherpa ExpeditionsCategory: Across the UK
- *EasyWaysCategory: Scotland
- England Coast Path - Camber to FolkestoneCategory: KentDistance (miles): 29
- *HikideasCategory: Across the UK
- England Coast Path - Filey Brigg to North GareCategory: North YorkshireDistance (miles): 68
- Ullswater WayCategory: EdenDistance (miles): 20
- Two Roses WayCategory: LancashireDistance (miles): 96
- *Berkshire WalkersCategory: Berkshire
- *Medal Routes - Aberdeen CityCategory: City of Aberdeen
- *Lucy's Walk Around BritainCategory: Across the UK
- *Lancashire Parks & GardensCategory: Lancashire
- Scottish Coast-to-Coast WalkCategory: ArgyllshireDistance (miles): 128
- Tan Hill Inn WalkCategory: RichmondshireDistance (miles): 10
- *Dyrham ParkCategory: South GloucestershireSize (acreage): 270
- *Gazetteer for ScotlandCategory: Paths & Trails in UK Local Government
- Shropshire Countryside Access and Public Rights of WayCategory: Shropshire
- *Walking in CumbriaCategory: Cumbria
- *WithinWarwickshireCategory: Warwickshire
- Harlech Town History TrailCategory: Merioneth
- Craik Muir Roman RoadCategory: RoxburghshireDistance (miles): 8
- *Ramblers - Sussex AreaCategory: Sussex
- Jane Eyre Hathersage TrailCategory: Derbyshire DalesDistance (miles): 6
- *Crychan ForestCategory: Brecknockshire
- *Anglesey Walking HolidaysCategory: Anglesey
- *Creative Rural Communities 'Vale Trails'Category: Vale of Glamorgan
- Barrow Circle TrailCategory: West DorsetDistance (miles): 6
- St Birinus Pilgrimage Route: Churn Knob - DorchesterCategory: South OxfordshireDistance (miles): 11
- Tramway TrailCategory: Aylesbury ValeDistance (miles): 6
- *Langport Two Day Walking FestivalCategory: South Somerset
- *National Sculpture Trail DirectoryCategory: Across the UK
- *Milton Keynes CouncilCategory: Milton Keynes
- *Holy Ghost CemeteryCategory: Basingstoke & DeaneSize (acreage): 3
- *Hartsholme Country Park and Swanholme Lakes Local Nature ReserveCategory: LincolnSize (acreage): 200
- *Finlaystone Country EstateCategory: RenfrewshireSize (acreage): 140
- Public Rights of Way in RutlandCategory: Rutland
- Cuilcagh WayCategory: Fermanagh & OmaghDistance (miles): 20
- *Hook Common and Bartley HeathCategory: HartSize (acreage): 330
- *Kent Health WalksCategory: Kent
- *Monmouth - Walkers Are WelcomeCategory: Monmouthshire
- Up & Doon Guided WalksCategory: Scotland
- *Plymouth RamblersCategory: Plymouth
- Sandwood BayCategory: SutherlandDistance (miles): 8
- *Global Adventure ChallengesCategory: Across the UK
- Rhondda RollercoasterCategory: Rhondda Cynon TafDistance (miles): 27
- Leamington and Warwick Riverside WalkCategory: WarwickDistance (miles): 4
- Rogation Sunday Boundary WalkCategory: MaidstoneDistance (miles): 8
- Nottingham Architectural Ale TrailCategory: Nottingham
- *Britain's Best Accessible Woods and Nature TrailsCategory: Across the UK
- Along the River Valley to Earls ColneCategory: BraintreeDistance (miles): 6
- >>> ALL Listings