'Anfield is a mid-19th-century cemetery laid out by Edward Kemp. The site covers approximately 44 hectares. Elements include axial and circular paths, two chapels and a gothic style catacomb.'
'Liverpool HF Ramblers was formed in 1916 and is associated with HF Holidays Ltd. Its objects shall be: a. To provide for the healthy enjoyment of leisure by walking / rambling; b. To encourage the love of the open air; c. To appreciate and conserve the environment.'
'We are a group of people who enjoy walking in the countryside with friends who share our enjoyment. We feel better, physically and mentally, after a good walk. We want to share with others the enjoyment and benefits we have have found from walking in the dales and fells.'
'Sometimes your wake up and just want to be outside, breathing in the fresh air and connecting with the environment. Or maybe you want an easy way to start feeling fitter, or quality time with your friends, a walk is the perfect answer!' Unfortunately the original Weblink cited here seems to have disappeared, so I have replaced it with one which - sadly - is much less informative.
'This is my guide to the Leeds & Liverpool Canal. This site has hundreds of annotated photographs which I hope you will find interesting whether you enjoy walking, cycling or just taking a virtual trek along the towpaths of Britain's canals. '
Leeds and Liverpool Canal [Gerry Cordon: That's How The Light Gets In]
'Several fascinating heritage trails around Liverpool have been, and will be, created to help guide visitors around the city whilst looking at specific subjects.' Unfortunately - at the time of Review - the Site originally cited here could not be raised; so I have replaced the Link.
'Join the RIBA guides on one of our 2 hour walking tours and discover more about one of the UK's greatest cities. From Georgian terraces and the world famous docks to grandiose commercial developments and civic monuments, the city is alive with architecture and buildings that chart 300 years of history and development. On our tours you'll discover the architecture and history of Liverpool and explore key buildings and public spaces to learn the story of Liverpool past, present and future.'
'Liverpool is proud to be the birthplace of the best band in the world, and Beatles fans making a pilgrimage to the city won't be disappointed ...'
The Beatles Trail [Rough Guides]
Recently Added Listings
- Peak District Boundary WalkCategory: High PeakDistance (miles): 190
- *Sherpa ExpeditionsCategory: Across the UK
- *EasyWaysCategory: Scotland
- England Coast Path - Camber to FolkestoneCategory: KentDistance (miles): 29
- *HikideasCategory: Across the UK
- England Coast Path - Filey Brigg to North GareCategory: North YorkshireDistance (miles): 68
- Ullswater WayCategory: EdenDistance (miles): 20
- Two Roses WayCategory: LancashireDistance (miles): 96
- *Berkshire WalkersCategory: Berkshire
- *Medal Routes - Aberdeen CityCategory: City of Aberdeen
- *Lucy's Walk Around BritainCategory: Across the UK
- *Lancashire Parks & GardensCategory: Lancashire
- Scottish Coast-to-Coast WalkCategory: ArgyllshireDistance (miles): 128
- Tan Hill Inn WalkCategory: RichmondshireDistance (miles): 10
- *Dyrham ParkCategory: South GloucestershireSize (acreage): 270
- *Gazetteer for ScotlandCategory: Paths & Trails in UK Local Government
- Shropshire Countryside Access and Public Rights of WayCategory: Shropshire
- *Walking in CumbriaCategory: Cumbria
- *WithinWarwickshireCategory: Warwickshire
- Harlech Town History TrailCategory: Merioneth
- Craik Muir Roman RoadCategory: RoxburghshireDistance (miles): 8
- *Ramblers - Sussex AreaCategory: Sussex
- Jane Eyre Hathersage TrailCategory: Derbyshire DalesDistance (miles): 6
- *Crychan ForestCategory: Brecknockshire
- *Anglesey Walking HolidaysCategory: Anglesey
- *Creative Rural Communities 'Vale Trails'Category: Vale of Glamorgan
- Barrow Circle TrailCategory: West DorsetDistance (miles): 6
- St Birinus Pilgrimage Route: Churn Knob - DorchesterCategory: South OxfordshireDistance (miles): 11
- Tramway TrailCategory: Aylesbury ValeDistance (miles): 6
- *Langport Two Day Walking FestivalCategory: South Somerset
- *National Sculpture Trail DirectoryCategory: Across the UK
- *Milton Keynes CouncilCategory: Milton Keynes
- *Holy Ghost CemeteryCategory: Basingstoke & DeaneSize (acreage): 3
- *Hartsholme Country Park and Swanholme Lakes Local Nature ReserveCategory: LincolnSize (acreage): 200
- *Finlaystone Country EstateCategory: RenfrewshireSize (acreage): 140
- Public Rights of Way in RutlandCategory: Rutland
- Cuilcagh WayCategory: Fermanagh & OmaghDistance (miles): 20
- *Hook Common and Bartley HeathCategory: HartSize (acreage): 330
- *Kent Health WalksCategory: Kent
- *Monmouth - Walkers Are WelcomeCategory: Monmouthshire
- Up & Doon Guided WalksCategory: Scotland
- *Plymouth RamblersCategory: Plymouth
- Sandwood BayCategory: SutherlandDistance (miles): 8
- *Global Adventure ChallengesCategory: Across the UK
- Rhondda RollercoasterCategory: Rhondda Cynon TafDistance (miles): 27
- Leamington and Warwick Riverside WalkCategory: WarwickDistance (miles): 4
- Rogation Sunday Boundary WalkCategory: MaidstoneDistance (miles): 8
- Nottingham Architectural Ale TrailCategory: Nottingham
- *Britain's Best Accessible Woods and Nature TrailsCategory: Across the UK
- Along the River Valley to Earls ColneCategory: BraintreeDistance (miles): 6
- >>> ALL Listings