Chailey Common, Lewes
'Chailey Common is one of the largest heathland commons in the South of England, covering 450 acres and was designated as a Local Nature Reserve in 1966. It has also been made a Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI) for its heathland plants and diverse insect and bird communities ... Chailey Common is open access land, but to minimise disturbance to wildlife it is better to keep to the footpaths. Leaflets on self-guided walks around the Common are available from East Sussex County Council ... '
'The Society brings together those who are interested in the local public footpaths and bridleways of Ditchling, Streat and Westmeston.'
Exploring Ditchling by Footpaths Conservation Society 'Ten family walks, between three and six miles long, in and around the picturesque villages of Ditchling, Streat, and Westmeston, including Ditchling Common and Ditchling Beacon.'
Around and About, Lewes
'We are a friendly walking group that arranges a regular programme of walks, social events, coach outings, and holidays for members. We also maintain rights of way in the area, provide courses for members on map reading and becoming walk leaders. We have produced books of walks in our local region.'
Around and About, Lewes
'Join our Community Rangers as they host several guided walks each year around our beautiful Nature Reserves across the district.'
'Inaugurated in 2009, to coincide with the 125th anniversary of the Greenwich Meridian, the walk begins at the splendid monument to King George V at Peacehaven in East Sussex and ends ... on the coast at Sand le Mere in East Yorkshire.'
'A traverse of the lonely Laughton levels. Savour the joys of solitude and a surprising variety of scenery ... This is a walk of the pastoral, of villages and farms and quiet pleasures. In walking it you will be helping to keep some less well used paths free of overgrowth. For most of the walk you are unlikely to meet another walker.'
Around and About, Lewes
'A selection of popular walks originally published on the Sussex Ouse Conservation Society website. Written in 2006 these walks have not been revisited by the authors so landmarks may have changed. If you encounter any changes please contact us and we will endeavour to update them ...'
Recently Added Listings
- *Sherpa ExpeditionsCategory: Across the UK
- *EasyWaysCategory: Scotland
- England Coast Path - Camber to FolkestoneCategory: KentDistance (miles): 29
- *HikideasCategory: Across the UK
- England Coast Path - Filey Brigg to North GareCategory: North YorkshireDistance (miles): 68
- Ullswater WayCategory: EdenDistance (miles): 20
- Two Roses WayCategory: LancashireDistance (miles): 96
- *Berkshire WalkersCategory: Berkshire
- *Medal Routes - Aberdeen CityCategory: City of Aberdeen
- *Lucy's Walk Around BritainCategory: Across the UK
- *Lancashire Parks & GardensCategory: Lancashire
- Scottish Coast-to-Coast WalkCategory: ArgyllshireDistance (miles): 128
- Tan Hill Inn WalkCategory: RichmondshireDistance (miles): 10
- *Dyrham ParkCategory: South GloucestershireSize (acreage): 270
- *Gazetteer for ScotlandCategory: Paths & Trails in UK Local Government
- Shropshire Countryside Access and Public Rights of WayCategory: Shropshire
- *Walking in CumbriaCategory: Cumbria
- *WithinWarwickshireCategory: Warwickshire
- Harlech Town History TrailCategory: Merioneth
- Craik Muir Roman RoadCategory: RoxburghshireDistance (miles): 8
- *Ramblers - Sussex AreaCategory: Sussex
- Jane Eyre Hathersage TrailCategory: Derbyshire DalesDistance (miles): 6
- *Crychan ForestCategory: Brecknockshire
- *Anglesey Walking HolidaysCategory: Anglesey
- *Creative Rural Communities 'Vale Trails'Category: Vale of Glamorgan
- Barrow Circle TrailCategory: West DorsetDistance (miles): 6
- St Birinus Pilgrimage Route: Churn Knob - DorchesterCategory: South OxfordshireDistance (miles): 11
- Tramway TrailCategory: Aylesbury ValeDistance (miles): 6
- *Langport Two Day Walking FestivalCategory: South Somerset
- *National Sculpture Trail DirectoryCategory: Across the UK
- *Milton Keynes CouncilCategory: Milton Keynes
- *Holy Ghost CemeteryCategory: Basingstoke & DeaneSize (acreage): 3
- *Hartsholme Country Park and Swanholme Lakes Local Nature ReserveCategory: LincolnSize (acreage): 200
- *Finlaystone Country EstateCategory: RenfrewshireSize (acreage): 140
- Public Rights of Way in RutlandCategory: Rutland
- Cuilcagh WayCategory: Fermanagh & OmaghDistance (miles): 20
- *Hook Common and Bartley HeathCategory: HartSize (acreage): 330
- *Kent Health WalksCategory: Kent
- *Monmouth - Walkers Are WelcomeCategory: Monmouthshire
- Up & Doon Guided WalksCategory: Scotland
- *Plymouth RamblersCategory: Plymouth
- Sandwood BayCategory: SutherlandDistance (miles): 8
- *Global Adventure ChallengesCategory: Across the UK
- Rhondda RollercoasterCategory: Rhondda Cynon TafDistance (miles): 27
- Leamington and Warwick Riverside WalkCategory: WarwickDistance (miles): 4
- Rogation Sunday Boundary WalkCategory: MaidstoneDistance (miles): 8
- Nottingham Architectural Ale TrailCategory: Nottingham
- *Britain's Best Accessible Woods and Nature TrailsCategory: Across the UK
- Along the River Valley to Earls ColneCategory: BraintreeDistance (miles): 6
- Roadway Arts Walking TrailCategory: RedditchDistance (miles): 2
- >>> ALL Listings