Around and About, Lancaster
'We are a group of people who enjoy walking and organise weekly walks in and around the Lancaster & Morecambe area, the Lake District and surrounds. Our walks are held each Sunday and full details can be found on our programme page. We do not run a paid membership scheme and all are welcome to come along and join in the walks.'
Quernmore Road, Lancaster
The Lancaster Civic Society 'has been organising tours of Lancaster’s Top Cemetery at Quernmore Road since the Heritage Days in 1996. The Tours are usually held on the THIRD SUNDAY in the Summer months April to September'.
Around and About, Lancaster
'The club exists for its members and its long history confirms that it is fulfilling their needs in providing healthy exercise in the open air in beautiful surroundings, challenging walks at all levels and good company and friendship.'
'Choose from a selection of trails and hides, most of which are suitable for wheelchairs, and get right to the heart of the reedbed. Or take the nature trail alongside two coastal lagoons to see lots of wading and water birds ...'
'Aims are to provide for group rambling, to promote the healthy enjoyment of leisure, the love of open air, social and international friendships and to organize holiday-making and other activities within these objectuves ...'
Condor Green Car Park, Lancaster
''Circular walk exploring the varied countryside south of the historic city of Lancaster.' See also the Note on the East Lancashire LDWA Site itself.
'Explore the glorious countryside near the Lancaster Canal'
Lancashire County Council, Lancaster City Council and the Lune Valley Initiative
'This is the diary of a walk of some 180 miles on the Cumbria Coastal Way (CCW) by Peter and Jeanne Donaghy and John and Gillian Laidler, two couples verging on their seventies, reasonably experienced walkers and joint authors of 3 walking guides (Lakeland Church Walks, Northumbria Church Walks and Metro Walks).'
Cumbria Coastal Way [GPS Cycle & Walking Routes]
Lancaster Priory & Parish Church, Lancaster
'Trace the story of faith in Lancaster from Roman times to the present day through its rich heritage of faith sites and buildings.'
Churches and Sacred Sites [Visit Lancashire]
Lancaster Railway Station, Lancaster
'Traces the course of the River Lune's lower reaches through some of the North West's finest lowland countryside. Bounded by high moors, limestone hills and shadowed by the distant peaks of Ingleborough, Whernside and Leck Fell, the route offers excellent, easy walking and is signposted and waymarked throughout.'
'Traces a figure of eight, crossing at Loyn Bridge, about half a mile north of Hornby. It is waymarked throughout 37 mile (59kms) length with dedicated waymark discs (a yellow arrow and walk name on a green background). You can pick up the Walk at any point along its length, but the most easily accessible locations are at Carnforth, Hornby and Wennington. It’s ideal for a long weekend break (for the whole route) or for linear and circular day walks.'
Lancashire County Council, Lancaster City Council and the Lune Valley Initiative via The Parish of Caton-with-Littledale
Lancaster Castle, Lancaster
'Follows a beautiful and historic route around the North of Lancashire. Totalling just over 100 miles it is designed to be walked in seven days, but for less ambitious hikers huge enjoyment can be taken from exploring smaller sections of the route ... Directions are detailed and the book includes a great deal of fascinating information and stories about places passed along the way.'
Red Rose Trail by John Rowe
Around and About, Lancaster
'The walks in this guide, none longer than 14km, explore everything from Lancaster's rich urban heritage to the wide open spaces of Morecambe Bay and the Bowland Fells. In between are breezy shorelines, handsome woodlands, gentle pastures and much more ...'
Recently Added Listings
- *Sherpa ExpeditionsCategory: Across the UK
- *EasyWaysCategory: Scotland
- England Coast Path - Camber to FolkestoneCategory: KentDistance (miles): 29
- *HikideasCategory: Across the UK
- England Coast Path - Filey Brigg to North GareCategory: North YorkshireDistance (miles): 68
- Ullswater WayCategory: EdenDistance (miles): 20
- Two Roses WayCategory: LancashireDistance (miles): 96
- *Berkshire WalkersCategory: Berkshire
- *Medal Routes - Aberdeen CityCategory: City of Aberdeen
- *Lucy's Walk Around BritainCategory: Across the UK
- *Lancashire Parks & GardensCategory: Lancashire
- Scottish Coast-to-Coast WalkCategory: ArgyllshireDistance (miles): 128
- Tan Hill Inn WalkCategory: RichmondshireDistance (miles): 10
- *Dyrham ParkCategory: South GloucestershireSize (acreage): 270
- *Gazetteer for ScotlandCategory: Paths & Trails in UK Local Government
- Shropshire Countryside Access and Public Rights of WayCategory: Shropshire
- *Walking in CumbriaCategory: Cumbria
- *WithinWarwickshireCategory: Warwickshire
- Harlech Town History TrailCategory: Merioneth
- Craik Muir Roman RoadCategory: RoxburghshireDistance (miles): 8
- *Ramblers - Sussex AreaCategory: Sussex
- Jane Eyre Hathersage TrailCategory: Derbyshire DalesDistance (miles): 6
- *Crychan ForestCategory: Brecknockshire
- *Anglesey Walking HolidaysCategory: Anglesey
- *Creative Rural Communities 'Vale Trails'Category: Vale of Glamorgan
- Barrow Circle TrailCategory: West DorsetDistance (miles): 6
- St Birinus Pilgrimage Route: Churn Knob - DorchesterCategory: South OxfordshireDistance (miles): 11
- Tramway TrailCategory: Aylesbury ValeDistance (miles): 6
- *Langport Two Day Walking FestivalCategory: South Somerset
- *National Sculpture Trail DirectoryCategory: Across the UK
- *Milton Keynes CouncilCategory: Milton Keynes
- *Holy Ghost CemeteryCategory: Basingstoke & DeaneSize (acreage): 3
- *Hartsholme Country Park and Swanholme Lakes Local Nature ReserveCategory: LincolnSize (acreage): 200
- *Finlaystone Country EstateCategory: RenfrewshireSize (acreage): 140
- Public Rights of Way in RutlandCategory: Rutland
- Cuilcagh WayCategory: Fermanagh & OmaghDistance (miles): 20
- *Hook Common and Bartley HeathCategory: HartSize (acreage): 330
- *Kent Health WalksCategory: Kent
- *Monmouth - Walkers Are WelcomeCategory: Monmouthshire
- Up & Doon Guided WalksCategory: Scotland
- *Plymouth RamblersCategory: Plymouth
- Sandwood BayCategory: SutherlandDistance (miles): 8
- *Global Adventure ChallengesCategory: Across the UK
- Rhondda RollercoasterCategory: Rhondda Cynon TafDistance (miles): 27
- Leamington and Warwick Riverside WalkCategory: WarwickDistance (miles): 4
- Rogation Sunday Boundary WalkCategory: MaidstoneDistance (miles): 8
- Nottingham Architectural Ale TrailCategory: Nottingham
- *Britain's Best Accessible Woods and Nature TrailsCategory: Across the UK
- Along the River Valley to Earls ColneCategory: BraintreeDistance (miles): 6
- Roadway Arts Walking TrailCategory: RedditchDistance (miles): 2
- >>> ALL Listings