Brompton Cemetery, Kensington & Chelsea
'In an area with few green spaces or outdoor recreational facilities, the Cemetery offers an oasis in all seasons, with paths for walkers and cyclists, and hours of diversion for historians, genealogists, naturalists and connoisseurs of memorial art and sculpture. Brompton Cemetery is managed by The Royal Parks, under contract from the Secretary of State for Culture, Media and Sport, and is thus Britain's only Crown Cemetery.'
Brompton Cemetery [The Royal Parks]
Chelsea Physic Garden, Kensington & Chelsea
'The Historical Walk, laid out along the western side of the garden in the 1980s, has been planted to show the work of some of the best known people associated with the Garden's history, through plants introduced or first named by them.'
Around and About, Kensington & Chelsea
'The Kensington, Chelsea and Westminster Group was formed in 1991 when more London Groups were needed as a result of expanding membership in the London area. Our members, united by a love of walking, have a wide range of ages, backgrounds and other interests.'
King's Road, Chelsea, Kensington & Chelsea
'Walking the streets of Kensington and Chelsea can be a fascinating introduction to its history. There are stories on every street, some of them both surprising and illuminating.'
High Street Kensington Station, Kensington & Chelsea
'The walk explores Holland Park, which has a mixture of formal and wooded terrains, before cutting through the back streets of Kensington and exploring the more-manicured Kensington Gardens and Hyde Park. It makes much use of the Diana, Princess of Wales Memorial Walk, as this route effectively links the main features of both these parks, before returning to High Street Kensington station via an impressive diplomatic enclave.'
Mike Biggs Inner London Ramblers
Holland Park Underground Station, Kensington & Chelsea
'This is a walk around some of the gardens of Notting Hill, starting at Holland Park station and finishing at Notting Hill Gate station. The walk is specifically designed for use on the Sunday of Open Garden Squares Weekend and the gardens are generally arranged in the order in which they open and close.
Hyde Park Corner, Kensington & Chelsea
'This resplendent long walk takes you through the fine residential streets and garden squares of West London, visiting on the way Kings Road, Thomas More’s Chelsea, Kensington Gardens, the museums and Harrods. '
Royal Marsden Hospital, Kensington & Chelsea
'Each year, thousands of people walk 14 or 5 miles between our Chelsea and Sutton hospitals to support The Royal Marsden and help build a future beyond cancer. This is a great way for individuals, friends and family to raise funds for The Royal Marsden Cancer Charity, show their support or honour a loved one. It's also a great opportunity to recognise the ways in which your life has been touched by cancer alongside others with similar experiences.'
Latest Date 13 March 2016.
Recently Added Listings
- *Sherpa ExpeditionsCategory: Across the UK
- *EasyWaysCategory: Scotland
- England Coast Path - Camber to FolkestoneCategory: KentDistance (miles): 29
- *HikideasCategory: Across the UK
- England Coast Path - Filey Brigg to North GareCategory: North YorkshireDistance (miles): 68
- Ullswater WayCategory: EdenDistance (miles): 20
- Two Roses WayCategory: LancashireDistance (miles): 96
- *Berkshire WalkersCategory: Berkshire
- *Medal Routes - Aberdeen CityCategory: City of Aberdeen
- *Lucy's Walk Around BritainCategory: Across the UK
- *Lancashire Parks & GardensCategory: Lancashire
- Scottish Coast-to-Coast WalkCategory: ArgyllshireDistance (miles): 128
- Tan Hill Inn WalkCategory: RichmondshireDistance (miles): 10
- *Dyrham ParkCategory: South GloucestershireSize (acreage): 270
- *Gazetteer for ScotlandCategory: Paths & Trails in UK Local Government
- Shropshire Countryside Access and Public Rights of WayCategory: Shropshire
- *Walking in CumbriaCategory: Cumbria
- *WithinWarwickshireCategory: Warwickshire
- Harlech Town History TrailCategory: Merioneth
- Craik Muir Roman RoadCategory: RoxburghshireDistance (miles): 8
- *Ramblers - Sussex AreaCategory: Sussex
- Jane Eyre Hathersage TrailCategory: Derbyshire DalesDistance (miles): 6
- *Crychan ForestCategory: Brecknockshire
- *Anglesey Walking HolidaysCategory: Anglesey
- *Creative Rural Communities 'Vale Trails'Category: Vale of Glamorgan
- Barrow Circle TrailCategory: West DorsetDistance (miles): 6
- St Birinus Pilgrimage Route: Churn Knob - DorchesterCategory: South OxfordshireDistance (miles): 11
- Tramway TrailCategory: Aylesbury ValeDistance (miles): 6
- *Langport Two Day Walking FestivalCategory: South Somerset
- *National Sculpture Trail DirectoryCategory: Across the UK
- *Milton Keynes CouncilCategory: Milton Keynes
- *Holy Ghost CemeteryCategory: Basingstoke & DeaneSize (acreage): 3
- *Hartsholme Country Park and Swanholme Lakes Local Nature ReserveCategory: LincolnSize (acreage): 200
- *Finlaystone Country EstateCategory: RenfrewshireSize (acreage): 140
- Public Rights of Way in RutlandCategory: Rutland
- Cuilcagh WayCategory: Fermanagh & OmaghDistance (miles): 20
- *Hook Common and Bartley HeathCategory: HartSize (acreage): 330
- *Kent Health WalksCategory: Kent
- *Monmouth - Walkers Are WelcomeCategory: Monmouthshire
- Up & Doon Guided WalksCategory: Scotland
- *Plymouth RamblersCategory: Plymouth
- Sandwood BayCategory: SutherlandDistance (miles): 8
- *Global Adventure ChallengesCategory: Across the UK
- Rhondda RollercoasterCategory: Rhondda Cynon TafDistance (miles): 27
- Leamington and Warwick Riverside WalkCategory: WarwickDistance (miles): 4
- Rogation Sunday Boundary WalkCategory: MaidstoneDistance (miles): 8
- Nottingham Architectural Ale TrailCategory: Nottingham
- *Britain's Best Accessible Woods and Nature TrailsCategory: Across the UK
- Along the River Valley to Earls ColneCategory: BraintreeDistance (miles): 6
- Roadway Arts Walking TrailCategory: RedditchDistance (miles): 2
- >>> ALL Listings