'Based in the thriving market town of Northallerton, North Yorkshire, the club of approximately 80 members is renowned for its warm and friendly atmosphere.'
'We at Northallerton Ramblers pride ourselves on our friendliness and welcoming attitude to new members. You are welcome to walk with us before you join so that you can be sure that you are happy with our approach to walking ... '
'We are ideally placed to take advantage of some lovely countryside ... To cater for a range of abilities and interests we currently run 3 different groups ... So you can choose a walk (and group!) compatible with your ability and experience to make sure you really enjoy your walk.'
'Thorp Perrow Arboretum is one of the finest private collections of trees and shrubs in the country. This 85 acre arboretum is unique to Britain, if not Europe, in that it was the creation of one man, Colonel Sir Leonard Ropner (1895 - 1977) and is now owned and managed by Sir John Ropner ...'
'Hambleton Strollers organises led walks which start from doctors' surgeries, leisure centres and other central points in Northallerton, Stokesley, Thirsk, Bedale, Easingwold and Great Ayton plus some nearby villages.'
'A fairly easy walk through fields, along quiet roads and tracks - with some steps, gates and muddy areas.'
'A meandering walk from Coxwold to Kirkham Priory in North Yorkshire through the Howardian Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB) taking in many of its beautiful villages on route.'
'The Lyke Wake Walk is still alive and well, and being walked every year by walkers of all ages and nationalities. It is a 42 mile walk from Scarth Wood Moor, Osmotherley, across the beautiful North Yorkshire Moors, ending on the north sea coast at Ravenscar. The challenge is to complete the full walk within 24 hours.'
'Despite several steep inclines this route is relatively easy with most of it taking place on well maintained paths and lanes ... This route is good for any time of year because of the excellently maintained pathways.'
'From the White Horse of Kilburn on the edge of the Hambleton Hills to the top of East Cliff at Whitby overlooking the North Sea. Although the way finding is easy enough, the severity of the walk should not be underestimated as the route attains nearly 6000 feet of ascent as it climbs in and out of the steep sided glaciated dales that penetrate the moors. Account must also be taken of the changeable moorland weather and the lack of refreshments available in the first half of the walk ...'
'"A man should know something of his own country before he goes abroad" Laurence Sterne (1713 to 1768). You will be sure of a warm welcome and a grand day out.' Latest Date 27 June 2015.
'This is a walk around 20 historical sites in Thirsk and Sowerby marked by blue plaques. These record important buildings or people associated with our town. The walk takes anything up to 1½ hours.'
'Traces the River Ure from the point at which it joins the River Ouse, a few miles north of York, to its source 2,000 feet above sea level amongst the Pennine fells between Hawes and Kirkby Stephen ...'
The Yoredale Way: A 100 Mile Walk from York to Kirkby Stephen by J K E Piggin (Yorkshire Footpath Trust, 1994) is out-of-print but should be available second-hand
'From its humble source north-west of York, the Yorkshire Ouse winds its way gently through over 50 miles of fine countryside. It swallows up streams from picturesque dales and steadily swells until it unites with the River Trent to become the mighty Humber and sweeps into the North Sea.'
The Yorkshire Ouse Walk: From Source to the Sea - with Tales of the Riverbank by Ivan E. Broadhead (Meridian Books, 1999) is out-of-print but new or used copies should still be available.
Recently Added Listings
- *Sherpa ExpeditionsCategory: Across the UK
- *EasyWaysCategory: Scotland
- England Coast Path - Camber to FolkestoneCategory: KentDistance (miles): 29
- *HikideasCategory: Across the UK
- England Coast Path - Filey Brigg to North GareCategory: North YorkshireDistance (miles): 68
- Ullswater WayCategory: EdenDistance (miles): 20
- Two Roses WayCategory: LancashireDistance (miles): 96
- *Berkshire WalkersCategory: Berkshire
- *Medal Routes - Aberdeen CityCategory: City of Aberdeen
- *Lucy's Walk Around BritainCategory: Across the UK
- *Lancashire Parks & GardensCategory: Lancashire
- Scottish Coast-to-Coast WalkCategory: ArgyllshireDistance (miles): 128
- Tan Hill Inn WalkCategory: RichmondshireDistance (miles): 10
- *Dyrham ParkCategory: South GloucestershireSize (acreage): 270
- *Gazetteer for ScotlandCategory: Paths & Trails in UK Local Government
- Shropshire Countryside Access and Public Rights of WayCategory: Shropshire
- *Walking in CumbriaCategory: Cumbria
- *WithinWarwickshireCategory: Warwickshire
- Harlech Town History TrailCategory: Merioneth
- Craik Muir Roman RoadCategory: RoxburghshireDistance (miles): 8
- *Ramblers - Sussex AreaCategory: Sussex
- Jane Eyre Hathersage TrailCategory: Derbyshire DalesDistance (miles): 6
- *Crychan ForestCategory: Brecknockshire
- *Anglesey Walking HolidaysCategory: Anglesey
- *Creative Rural Communities 'Vale Trails'Category: Vale of Glamorgan
- Barrow Circle TrailCategory: West DorsetDistance (miles): 6
- St Birinus Pilgrimage Route: Churn Knob - DorchesterCategory: South OxfordshireDistance (miles): 11
- Tramway TrailCategory: Aylesbury ValeDistance (miles): 6
- *Langport Two Day Walking FestivalCategory: South Somerset
- *National Sculpture Trail DirectoryCategory: Across the UK
- *Milton Keynes CouncilCategory: Milton Keynes
- *Holy Ghost CemeteryCategory: Basingstoke & DeaneSize (acreage): 3
- *Hartsholme Country Park and Swanholme Lakes Local Nature ReserveCategory: LincolnSize (acreage): 200
- *Finlaystone Country EstateCategory: RenfrewshireSize (acreage): 140
- Public Rights of Way in RutlandCategory: Rutland
- Cuilcagh WayCategory: Fermanagh & OmaghDistance (miles): 20
- *Hook Common and Bartley HeathCategory: HartSize (acreage): 330
- *Kent Health WalksCategory: Kent
- *Monmouth - Walkers Are WelcomeCategory: Monmouthshire
- Up & Doon Guided WalksCategory: Scotland
- *Plymouth RamblersCategory: Plymouth
- Sandwood BayCategory: SutherlandDistance (miles): 8
- *Global Adventure ChallengesCategory: Across the UK
- Rhondda RollercoasterCategory: Rhondda Cynon TafDistance (miles): 27
- Leamington and Warwick Riverside WalkCategory: WarwickDistance (miles): 4
- Rogation Sunday Boundary WalkCategory: MaidstoneDistance (miles): 8
- Nottingham Architectural Ale TrailCategory: Nottingham
- *Britain's Best Accessible Woods and Nature TrailsCategory: Across the UK
- Along the River Valley to Earls ColneCategory: BraintreeDistance (miles): 6
- Roadway Arts Walking TrailCategory: RedditchDistance (miles): 2
- >>> ALL Listings