'We have published several booklets recommending walks on circular and linear routes, and are currently working on a project to produce more of these walks in a widening circle of up to an 8-mile radius around town. We also publish monthly walks on our website.'
'Formed in 2004 with the encouragement of the Parish Council Committee to promote the enjoyment of the Public Rights of Way in the Parish and to monitor their maintenance. There are 37 Rights of Way in the Parish totalling over 21 miles ... In 2007, using a grant from the Parish Paths Partnership and a donation from Glaxo Smith Kline, the Paths Group produced a map leaflet showing the public rights of way in the parish and four suggested walks.'
'The small towns and villages stand in an area of natural beauty, with winding country lanes, nestling in shallow valleys of many rivers and streams that criss-cross the District ...'
'This is a linear walk along the scenic River Stort from Bishop’s Stortford to Harlow and returning by bus.'
'Disused railway line that runs from Welwyn to Hertford. The pleasant off-road route is suitable for walkers, cyclists and horse riders. The link through Hertford connects to the tow path along the River Lea, taking you to Ware and beyond.'
'A set of walks around the village, a number of which are suitable for pushchairs, etc.'
'The New River is neither new nor a river. It is a water supply aqueduct, completed in 1613, to bring drinking water from Hertfordshire to North London ...'
'There is excellent public access to the Stort Navigation. A public footpath runs all the way along the Navigation from Bishops Stortford to the confluence with the Lea. For much of this stretch the path is part of the Stort Valley Way, a 28-mile circular walk around Harlow and Sawbridgeworth. For information on walking in the Stort valley, and to download a leaflet, click here.'
'A pleasant 2½ hour figure of eight walk between Ware & Hertford along the route of the River Lea. The route is flat and mainly along surfaced paths ... The River Lee Navigation runs a distance of 28 miles from Hertford, through Ware and south to the Thames at Limehouse.'
Ware to Hertford Lock and Back [Abigail Hamilton-Thompson / Ware Online]
Recently Added Listings
- Peak District Boundary WalkCategory: High PeakDistance (miles): 190
- *Sherpa ExpeditionsCategory: Across the UK
- *EasyWaysCategory: Scotland
- England Coast Path - Camber to FolkestoneCategory: KentDistance (miles): 29
- *HikideasCategory: Across the UK
- England Coast Path - Filey Brigg to North GareCategory: North YorkshireDistance (miles): 68
- Ullswater WayCategory: EdenDistance (miles): 20
- Two Roses WayCategory: LancashireDistance (miles): 96
- *Berkshire WalkersCategory: Berkshire
- *Medal Routes - Aberdeen CityCategory: City of Aberdeen
- *Lucy's Walk Around BritainCategory: Across the UK
- *Lancashire Parks & GardensCategory: Lancashire
- Scottish Coast-to-Coast WalkCategory: ArgyllshireDistance (miles): 128
- Tan Hill Inn WalkCategory: RichmondshireDistance (miles): 10
- *Dyrham ParkCategory: South GloucestershireSize (acreage): 270
- *Gazetteer for ScotlandCategory: Paths & Trails in UK Local Government
- Shropshire Countryside Access and Public Rights of WayCategory: Shropshire
- *Walking in CumbriaCategory: Cumbria
- *WithinWarwickshireCategory: Warwickshire
- Harlech Town History TrailCategory: Merioneth
- Craik Muir Roman RoadCategory: RoxburghshireDistance (miles): 8
- *Ramblers - Sussex AreaCategory: Sussex
- Jane Eyre Hathersage TrailCategory: Derbyshire DalesDistance (miles): 6
- *Crychan ForestCategory: Brecknockshire
- *Anglesey Walking HolidaysCategory: Anglesey
- *Creative Rural Communities 'Vale Trails'Category: Vale of Glamorgan
- Barrow Circle TrailCategory: West DorsetDistance (miles): 6
- St Birinus Pilgrimage Route: Churn Knob - DorchesterCategory: South OxfordshireDistance (miles): 11
- Tramway TrailCategory: Aylesbury ValeDistance (miles): 6
- *Langport Two Day Walking FestivalCategory: South Somerset
- *National Sculpture Trail DirectoryCategory: Across the UK
- *Milton Keynes CouncilCategory: Milton Keynes
- *Holy Ghost CemeteryCategory: Basingstoke & DeaneSize (acreage): 3
- *Hartsholme Country Park and Swanholme Lakes Local Nature ReserveCategory: LincolnSize (acreage): 200
- *Finlaystone Country EstateCategory: RenfrewshireSize (acreage): 140
- Public Rights of Way in RutlandCategory: Rutland
- Cuilcagh WayCategory: Fermanagh & OmaghDistance (miles): 20
- *Hook Common and Bartley HeathCategory: HartSize (acreage): 330
- *Kent Health WalksCategory: Kent
- *Monmouth - Walkers Are WelcomeCategory: Monmouthshire
- Up & Doon Guided WalksCategory: Scotland
- *Plymouth RamblersCategory: Plymouth
- Sandwood BayCategory: SutherlandDistance (miles): 8
- *Global Adventure ChallengesCategory: Across the UK
- Rhondda RollercoasterCategory: Rhondda Cynon TafDistance (miles): 27
- Leamington and Warwick Riverside WalkCategory: WarwickDistance (miles): 4
- Rogation Sunday Boundary WalkCategory: MaidstoneDistance (miles): 8
- Nottingham Architectural Ale TrailCategory: Nottingham
- *Britain's Best Accessible Woods and Nature TrailsCategory: Across the UK
- Along the River Valley to Earls ColneCategory: BraintreeDistance (miles): 6
- >>> ALL Listings