Liss, East Hampshire
'Leaflets can be downloaded here or packs are available from Liss Parish Council Office at £3.50 per pack.'
Alton, East Hampshire
'Long but gentle walk visiting Selborne and Chawton, which inspired Jane Austen (writer) and Gilbert White (naturalist).'
2011 update of entry in the Time Out Book of Country Walks Volume 2
Alton, East Hampshire
'We hope you enjoy this walk around Alton in Hampshire looking at your surroundings and that it will enable you to form an opinion of "artistic" things in public spaces ... Things you may ask yourself about individual sculptures you discover may include - do you like its location; what is it made of; does it have a use; is it there simply to be looked at; can you climb on it; how would you describe it to a friend; how large (or small!) is it; is it old or new; does it depict a famous person or notable event.' Unfortunately the Website originally cited here was unobtainable at the time of Review; so I have replaced the Link.
Tony Cross and Claire Ewin
National Trust Punchbowl Car Park, near Grayshott, East Hampshire
'This remarkable walk takes you on an excursion on rarely-used paths into Hampshire to visit that picturesque string of lakes in the forest. On the way, you pass through an ever-changing landscape of deep wooded valleys, heather-topped crests and moors.'
Around and About, East Hampshire
'East Hampshire is home to some of Britain's literary greats. You can follow in the footsteps of these writers, including Jane Austen and Flora Thompson, on 6 self-guided walks. The walks can be downloaded ...'
Alton, East Hampshire
'The route begins at Alton Railway Station, out into the lush Hampshire countryside, along a series of steep-sided wooded hills, known as “The Hangers”, through the pretty market town of Petersfield to finish at Queen Elizabeth Country Park.'
Alton and Chawton, East Hampshire
'This website is all about the walking trail that links Chawton, where Jane Austen lived, to Alton where she often visited. The route of the trail is available on a free leaflet available locally or downloadable as a PDF.'
Liphook, East Hampshire
'Walking trail linking Liphook with Chichester Harbour. It was first conceived in the 1980's by a group of Liphook Ramblers who devised a route from their home town to Chichester Cathedral.'
Queen Elizabeth Country Park, East Hampshire
'8.5 to 20.5 mile route from Queen Elizabeth Country Park, near Petersfield on the South Downs to Staunton Country Park near Havant. You can walk the whole route or one of the six sections, each offering a good day out.There are many interesting buildings and places to visit along the route. The route is well sign posted with the logo of a roe deer on a green arrow.'
Recently Added Listings
- *Sherpa ExpeditionsCategory: Across the UK
- *EasyWaysCategory: Scotland
- England Coast Path - Camber to FolkestoneCategory: KentDistance (miles): 29
- *HikideasCategory: Across the UK
- England Coast Path - Filey Brigg to North GareCategory: North YorkshireDistance (miles): 68
- Ullswater WayCategory: EdenDistance (miles): 20
- Two Roses WayCategory: LancashireDistance (miles): 96
- *Berkshire WalkersCategory: Berkshire
- *Medal Routes - Aberdeen CityCategory: City of Aberdeen
- *Lucy's Walk Around BritainCategory: Across the UK
- *Lancashire Parks & GardensCategory: Lancashire
- Scottish Coast-to-Coast WalkCategory: ArgyllshireDistance (miles): 128
- Tan Hill Inn WalkCategory: RichmondshireDistance (miles): 10
- *Dyrham ParkCategory: South GloucestershireSize (acreage): 270
- *Gazetteer for ScotlandCategory: Paths & Trails in UK Local Government
- Shropshire Countryside Access and Public Rights of WayCategory: Shropshire
- *Walking in CumbriaCategory: Cumbria
- *WithinWarwickshireCategory: Warwickshire
- Harlech Town History TrailCategory: Merioneth
- Craik Muir Roman RoadCategory: RoxburghshireDistance (miles): 8
- *Ramblers - Sussex AreaCategory: Sussex
- Jane Eyre Hathersage TrailCategory: Derbyshire DalesDistance (miles): 6
- *Crychan ForestCategory: Brecknockshire
- *Anglesey Walking HolidaysCategory: Anglesey
- *Creative Rural Communities 'Vale Trails'Category: Vale of Glamorgan
- Barrow Circle TrailCategory: West DorsetDistance (miles): 6
- St Birinus Pilgrimage Route: Churn Knob - DorchesterCategory: South OxfordshireDistance (miles): 11
- Tramway TrailCategory: Aylesbury ValeDistance (miles): 6
- *Langport Two Day Walking FestivalCategory: South Somerset
- *National Sculpture Trail DirectoryCategory: Across the UK
- *Milton Keynes CouncilCategory: Milton Keynes
- *Holy Ghost CemeteryCategory: Basingstoke & DeaneSize (acreage): 3
- *Hartsholme Country Park and Swanholme Lakes Local Nature ReserveCategory: LincolnSize (acreage): 200
- *Finlaystone Country EstateCategory: RenfrewshireSize (acreage): 140
- Public Rights of Way in RutlandCategory: Rutland
- Cuilcagh WayCategory: Fermanagh & OmaghDistance (miles): 20
- *Hook Common and Bartley HeathCategory: HartSize (acreage): 330
- *Kent Health WalksCategory: Kent
- *Monmouth - Walkers Are WelcomeCategory: Monmouthshire
- Up & Doon Guided WalksCategory: Scotland
- *Plymouth RamblersCategory: Plymouth
- Sandwood BayCategory: SutherlandDistance (miles): 8
- *Global Adventure ChallengesCategory: Across the UK
- Rhondda RollercoasterCategory: Rhondda Cynon TafDistance (miles): 27
- Leamington and Warwick Riverside WalkCategory: WarwickDistance (miles): 4
- Rogation Sunday Boundary WalkCategory: MaidstoneDistance (miles): 8
- Nottingham Architectural Ale TrailCategory: Nottingham
- *Britain's Best Accessible Woods and Nature TrailsCategory: Across the UK
- Along the River Valley to Earls ColneCategory: BraintreeDistance (miles): 6
- Roadway Arts Walking TrailCategory: RedditchDistance (miles): 2
- >>> ALL Listings