Ely, East Cambridgeshire
'To help you get the most out of your visit, special waymarkers have been placed around the Country Park marking out two trails which will help you to discover some spectacular views and wildlife of international importance. The walks called Kingfisher (long trail) and Bulrush (short trail) highlight the best of the natural fen landscape including the Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI) where you can test your bird spotting skills ...'
Ely, East Cambridgeshire
'The unique fenlands in the north and east of Cambridgeshire are a landscape characterised by vast flat areas of artificially-drained land, wide views and open skyscapes. Ideal for walks and cycle rides as the absence of hills results in glorious views and sunsets!'
Witchford, East Cambridgeshire
'Back in 2001, the Parish Council published a leaflet detailing six walks around the village and surrounding area. This was updated in 2010 with a further four walks, which you can explore by following the links.'
Around and About, East Cambridgeshire
'We are an informal group made up of Five Parish Paths Partnership (P3*) Co-ordinators, Parish Clerks and Parish Councillors and walking enthusiasts. Our ambition is to provide circular walks of various lengths which are not constrained by parish boundaries.'
Ely Cathedral, Ely, East Cambridgeshire
'Following mediaeval tracks out across the fens, the Bishop's Way takes you along the route used by the Bishops of Ely to their palace in Downham.'
Little Thetford, East Cambridgeshire
'A walk to the south of Ely takes you along the bank of the River Great Ouse, a river which has been the life blood to Ely throughout the centuries.'
Reach, East Cambridgeshire
'Take a walk through time from Roman to modern times on this pretty corner of the Cambridgeshire countryside. The walk takes you from the Roman waterway of Reach Lode, via the remains of medieaval quarries, churches and a castle, to a working Victorian windmill and a railway line disused since 1968.'
Ely, East Cambridgeshire
'It is thought that Ely’s name relates to a time when the city was surrounded by marsh and its main trade was in eels. Eels are still caught in the River Ouse, and provided the inspiration behind the Ely Eel Trail – a series of works around the city by Elizabeth Jane Grosse that were commissioned by East Cambridgeshire District Council. '
Wicken Fen, East Cambridgeshire
'Rothschild Way will be a footpath extending to Woodwalton Fen from Wicken Fen in Cambridgeshire and commemorating the early wildlife conservation work of Charles Rothschild.'
Recently Added Listings
- *Sherpa ExpeditionsCategory: Across the UK
- *EasyWaysCategory: Scotland
- England Coast Path - Camber to FolkestoneCategory: KentDistance (miles): 29
- *HikideasCategory: Across the UK
- England Coast Path - Filey Brigg to North GareCategory: North YorkshireDistance (miles): 68
- Ullswater WayCategory: EdenDistance (miles): 20
- Two Roses WayCategory: LancashireDistance (miles): 96
- *Berkshire WalkersCategory: Berkshire
- *Medal Routes - Aberdeen CityCategory: City of Aberdeen
- *Lucy's Walk Around BritainCategory: Across the UK
- *Lancashire Parks & GardensCategory: Lancashire
- Scottish Coast-to-Coast WalkCategory: ArgyllshireDistance (miles): 128
- Tan Hill Inn WalkCategory: RichmondshireDistance (miles): 10
- *Dyrham ParkCategory: South GloucestershireSize (acreage): 270
- *Gazetteer for ScotlandCategory: Paths & Trails in UK Local Government
- Shropshire Countryside Access and Public Rights of WayCategory: Shropshire
- *Walking in CumbriaCategory: Cumbria
- *WithinWarwickshireCategory: Warwickshire
- Harlech Town History TrailCategory: Merioneth
- Craik Muir Roman RoadCategory: RoxburghshireDistance (miles): 8
- *Ramblers - Sussex AreaCategory: Sussex
- Jane Eyre Hathersage TrailCategory: Derbyshire DalesDistance (miles): 6
- *Crychan ForestCategory: Brecknockshire
- *Anglesey Walking HolidaysCategory: Anglesey
- *Creative Rural Communities 'Vale Trails'Category: Vale of Glamorgan
- Barrow Circle TrailCategory: West DorsetDistance (miles): 6
- St Birinus Pilgrimage Route: Churn Knob - DorchesterCategory: South OxfordshireDistance (miles): 11
- Tramway TrailCategory: Aylesbury ValeDistance (miles): 6
- *Langport Two Day Walking FestivalCategory: South Somerset
- *National Sculpture Trail DirectoryCategory: Across the UK
- *Milton Keynes CouncilCategory: Milton Keynes
- *Holy Ghost CemeteryCategory: Basingstoke & DeaneSize (acreage): 3
- *Hartsholme Country Park and Swanholme Lakes Local Nature ReserveCategory: LincolnSize (acreage): 200
- *Finlaystone Country EstateCategory: RenfrewshireSize (acreage): 140
- Public Rights of Way in RutlandCategory: Rutland
- Cuilcagh WayCategory: Fermanagh & OmaghDistance (miles): 20
- *Hook Common and Bartley HeathCategory: HartSize (acreage): 330
- *Kent Health WalksCategory: Kent
- *Monmouth - Walkers Are WelcomeCategory: Monmouthshire
- Up & Doon Guided WalksCategory: Scotland
- *Plymouth RamblersCategory: Plymouth
- Sandwood BayCategory: SutherlandDistance (miles): 8
- *Global Adventure ChallengesCategory: Across the UK
- Rhondda RollercoasterCategory: Rhondda Cynon TafDistance (miles): 27
- Leamington and Warwick Riverside WalkCategory: WarwickDistance (miles): 4
- Rogation Sunday Boundary WalkCategory: MaidstoneDistance (miles): 8
- Nottingham Architectural Ale TrailCategory: Nottingham
- *Britain's Best Accessible Woods and Nature TrailsCategory: Across the UK
- Along the River Valley to Earls ColneCategory: BraintreeDistance (miles): 6
- Roadway Arts Walking TrailCategory: RedditchDistance (miles): 2
- >>> ALL Listings