'Spectacularly restored to their full Victorian splendour, the gardens are home to a collection of grand gardens in miniature, filled with colourful seasonal plantings and displays. Stroll through the statue walks, the fern dell grotto and the beautiful wild rose dell.'
'The club was founded in 1948 under the auspices of the Holiday Fellowship, now known as HF Holidays, to whom we are affiliated, and has a wide cross section of membership from all parts of Doncaster. The Club aims to provide, in good company, opportunities for the healthy enjoyment of countryside and the open air.'
'We generally meet every 4 weeks on a Sunday at 8.00am at the Market Car Park for a full day out, and enjoy a variety of interesting walks all over the area, from the Yorkshire Dales, North York Moors, Yorkshire Wolds, East Coast and Peak District, to walks around historic sites and geological features, and finishing in historic towns or pretty villages ... We are an adult Fell Walking Club and as such everyone must have a sense of Personal Responsibility.'
'We provide walks on Tuesdays and Saturdays throughout the year. These walks are usually of about 10 miles in length and vary in location from local walks starting from Thorne, Fishlake, Edlington and Epworth, etc, to Grindleford, Calver and Hathersage in the beautiful Peak District, to walks in the Castle Howard area, in the Wolds, as well as many more locations up to about an hour's drive away. These walks are for reasonably experienced walkers ...'
'Friendly and welcoming walking club for all ages and abilities ... The second Sunday of August 1978 was the inaugural walk of the Doncaster Wayfarers walking club ... The Club was formed by a breakaway group from the [former] International Fellwalkers, who were looking for a more family orientated venue.'
'Nature paths suitable for wheelchairs and pushchairs will wind you around a stunning, safe wetland habitat littered with pockets of woodland and wildflower meadows, and the friendly Kingfisher Tearooms is a great place to you recharge with friends and family.'
Doncaster Walking for Health Scheme 'These are regular weekly short walks, designed with health in mind and are perfect for those who would like to become more active or perhaps lack the confidence and knowledge about where to walk.'
'You might be surprised how many interesting places to walk there are around Doncaster. It’s not always easy to know where you can walk, or whether you’d enjoy walking in a new area. To help everyone find somewhere to walk we’re creating 5 new walking maps. As they are completed they’ll appear on this page and you’ll also be able to pick them up as free leaflets locally.'
However, sadly, the Website from which this description was taken no longer seems to be active ...
'A walk around the old County Borough of Doncaster following a route from the urban fringes to open fields, river banks and green lanes towards the settlements of Barnby Dun and Dunsville returning through Sprotbrough and along the River Don ... The route which follows Public Rights of Way, with short sections on roads, was devised by Pat White of Doncaster Wayfarers in the early 1970's.'
'Footpath route designed to link the communities of the Humberhead Peatlands. The walk includes the first permissive paths across the famous Thorne and Hatfield Moors, wildlife sites of national and European importance.'
'Two new long distance trails in South Yorkshire. 170 miles around the boundary & 98 miles through the centre - stunning countryside, towns & history ... The final routings of both routes are now available on this website so it can be walked from April 2014 ... As the South Yorkshire Way is across Public Rights of Way, on-going maintenance and improvements of the paths are delivered on the ground by the four local councils - Barnsley, Doncaster, Rotherham and Sheffield - and the Peak District National Park - who each look after their own sections.'
Four Trails around and about Thorne:  Thorne Round Walk (11.5 miles) - - - :  Thorne Town Trail (2.5 miles) - - - :  Thorne Historic Walk (2.5 - 4.5 miles) - - - :  Parkland Walk (3.5 miles)
Recently Added Listings
- *Sherpa ExpeditionsCategory: Across the UK
- *EasyWaysCategory: Scotland
- England Coast Path - Camber to FolkestoneCategory: KentDistance (miles): 29
- *HikideasCategory: Across the UK
- England Coast Path - Filey Brigg to North GareCategory: North YorkshireDistance (miles): 68
- Ullswater WayCategory: EdenDistance (miles): 20
- Two Roses WayCategory: LancashireDistance (miles): 96
- *Berkshire WalkersCategory: Berkshire
- *Medal Routes - Aberdeen CityCategory: City of Aberdeen
- *Lucy's Walk Around BritainCategory: Across the UK
- *Lancashire Parks & GardensCategory: Lancashire
- Scottish Coast-to-Coast WalkCategory: ArgyllshireDistance (miles): 128
- Tan Hill Inn WalkCategory: RichmondshireDistance (miles): 10
- *Dyrham ParkCategory: South GloucestershireSize (acreage): 270
- *Gazetteer for ScotlandCategory: Paths & Trails in UK Local Government
- Shropshire Countryside Access and Public Rights of WayCategory: Shropshire
- *Walking in CumbriaCategory: Cumbria
- *WithinWarwickshireCategory: Warwickshire
- Harlech Town History TrailCategory: Merioneth
- Craik Muir Roman RoadCategory: RoxburghshireDistance (miles): 8
- *Ramblers - Sussex AreaCategory: Sussex
- Jane Eyre Hathersage TrailCategory: Derbyshire DalesDistance (miles): 6
- *Crychan ForestCategory: Brecknockshire
- *Anglesey Walking HolidaysCategory: Anglesey
- *Creative Rural Communities 'Vale Trails'Category: Vale of Glamorgan
- Barrow Circle TrailCategory: West DorsetDistance (miles): 6
- St Birinus Pilgrimage Route: Churn Knob - DorchesterCategory: South OxfordshireDistance (miles): 11
- Tramway TrailCategory: Aylesbury ValeDistance (miles): 6
- *Langport Two Day Walking FestivalCategory: South Somerset
- *National Sculpture Trail DirectoryCategory: Across the UK
- *Milton Keynes CouncilCategory: Milton Keynes
- *Holy Ghost CemeteryCategory: Basingstoke & DeaneSize (acreage): 3
- *Hartsholme Country Park and Swanholme Lakes Local Nature ReserveCategory: LincolnSize (acreage): 200
- *Finlaystone Country EstateCategory: RenfrewshireSize (acreage): 140
- Public Rights of Way in RutlandCategory: Rutland
- Cuilcagh WayCategory: Fermanagh & OmaghDistance (miles): 20
- *Hook Common and Bartley HeathCategory: HartSize (acreage): 330
- *Kent Health WalksCategory: Kent
- *Monmouth - Walkers Are WelcomeCategory: Monmouthshire
- Up & Doon Guided WalksCategory: Scotland
- *Plymouth RamblersCategory: Plymouth
- Sandwood BayCategory: SutherlandDistance (miles): 8
- *Global Adventure ChallengesCategory: Across the UK
- Rhondda RollercoasterCategory: Rhondda Cynon TafDistance (miles): 27
- Leamington and Warwick Riverside WalkCategory: WarwickDistance (miles): 4
- Rogation Sunday Boundary WalkCategory: MaidstoneDistance (miles): 8
- Nottingham Architectural Ale TrailCategory: Nottingham
- *Britain's Best Accessible Woods and Nature TrailsCategory: Across the UK
- Along the River Valley to Earls ColneCategory: BraintreeDistance (miles): 6
- Roadway Arts Walking TrailCategory: RedditchDistance (miles): 2
- >>> ALL Listings