City of Edinburgh
Dalkeith, City of Edinburgh
'As you stroll beneath the oaks in the rambling Country Park, you may find it difficult to believe you are only five miles from the centre of Scotland’s capital city.'
Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh
Bronze, Silver and Gold 'Medal Routes' from three dozen or so 'Walking Hubs' around and about Edinburgh.
Royal Botanic Garden, Inverleith Row, City of Edinburgh
'Comprising 70 acres of stunning scenery, just a stone's throw from the city centre, the Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh (RBGE) captures the imagination of everyone who visits: from the knowledgeable gardener to the curious sightseer ... Admission to the Garden is Free.'
Around and About, City of Edinburgh
'We walk at least once a month usually on the 3rd Sunday of each month. Our Sunday walks usually last all day (including driving to the walk and drink/bite to eat afterwards).'
Around and About, City of Edinburgh
'Scotland's capital city is perhaps the finest place in the UK for urban exploration on foot. The heart of the city, a World Heritage Site, is packed with attractions, fascinating buildings and a remarkable history ...'
Corstorphine Hill, City of Edinburgh
'The "woods" is the local name for the hill, the almost total tree-cover of its upper parts indicated by the darker green on the map. It is criss-crossed by numerous formal tracks and informal paths ... However there are as yet no signs or way-markings through the woods, so finding one's way is a case of map-reading or being on a guided tour.'
Core Paths will form the basic system of paths around the City of Edinburgh area and will:  Link into and support a wider network of local paths - - - :  Connect with paths in adjoining local authority areas - - - :  Provide a basis for promoting off road access.
Holyrood Park, City of Edinburgh
'Holyrood Park is a rare example of unimproved grassland. Effectively unchanged since its enclosure as a Royal Park in the 16th century, it is rich in plant species and also provides a home to a variety of important invertebrate, amphibian, mammal and bird species. To find such a wildlife haven in the heart of a capital city is remarkable.'
St Leonard's Lane, Holyrood Park, City of Edinburgh
Edinburgh to Musselburgh [Sustrans]
Portobello, City of Edinburgh
Access to PDF of Architecture Heritage Trail Leaflet which 'has been published by the Trust in cooperation with Portobello Amenity Society to increase local knowledge and appreciation of Portobello's history and architecture'.
Balerno, City of Edinburgh
'Explore Edinburgh’s hidden natural asset, the Water of Leith. Flowing for 24 miles from its source in the Pentland Hills, the river winds its way through the heart of our capital to its outflow into the Firth of Forth at Leith.'
Recently Added Listings
- *Sherpa ExpeditionsCategory: Across the UK
- *EasyWaysCategory: Scotland
- England Coast Path - Camber to FolkestoneCategory: KentDistance (miles): 29
- *HikideasCategory: Across the UK
- England Coast Path - Filey Brigg to North GareCategory: North YorkshireDistance (miles): 68
- Ullswater WayCategory: EdenDistance (miles): 20
- Two Roses WayCategory: LancashireDistance (miles): 96
- *Berkshire WalkersCategory: Berkshire
- *Medal Routes - Aberdeen CityCategory: City of Aberdeen
- *Lucy's Walk Around BritainCategory: Across the UK
- *Lancashire Parks & GardensCategory: Lancashire
- Scottish Coast-to-Coast WalkCategory: ArgyllshireDistance (miles): 128
- Tan Hill Inn WalkCategory: RichmondshireDistance (miles): 10
- *Dyrham ParkCategory: South GloucestershireSize (acreage): 270
- *Gazetteer for ScotlandCategory: Paths & Trails in UK Local Government
- Shropshire Countryside Access and Public Rights of WayCategory: Shropshire
- *Walking in CumbriaCategory: Cumbria
- *WithinWarwickshireCategory: Warwickshire
- Harlech Town History TrailCategory: Merioneth
- Craik Muir Roman RoadCategory: RoxburghshireDistance (miles): 8
- *Ramblers - Sussex AreaCategory: Sussex
- Jane Eyre Hathersage TrailCategory: Derbyshire DalesDistance (miles): 6
- *Crychan ForestCategory: Brecknockshire
- *Anglesey Walking HolidaysCategory: Anglesey
- *Creative Rural Communities 'Vale Trails'Category: Vale of Glamorgan
- Barrow Circle TrailCategory: West DorsetDistance (miles): 6
- St Birinus Pilgrimage Route: Churn Knob - DorchesterCategory: South OxfordshireDistance (miles): 11
- Tramway TrailCategory: Aylesbury ValeDistance (miles): 6
- *Langport Two Day Walking FestivalCategory: South Somerset
- *National Sculpture Trail DirectoryCategory: Across the UK
- *Milton Keynes CouncilCategory: Milton Keynes
- *Holy Ghost CemeteryCategory: Basingstoke & DeaneSize (acreage): 3
- *Hartsholme Country Park and Swanholme Lakes Local Nature ReserveCategory: LincolnSize (acreage): 200
- *Finlaystone Country EstateCategory: RenfrewshireSize (acreage): 140
- Public Rights of Way in RutlandCategory: Rutland
- Cuilcagh WayCategory: Fermanagh & OmaghDistance (miles): 20
- *Hook Common and Bartley HeathCategory: HartSize (acreage): 330
- *Kent Health WalksCategory: Kent
- *Monmouth - Walkers Are WelcomeCategory: Monmouthshire
- Up & Doon Guided WalksCategory: Scotland
- *Plymouth RamblersCategory: Plymouth
- Sandwood BayCategory: SutherlandDistance (miles): 8
- *Global Adventure ChallengesCategory: Across the UK
- Rhondda RollercoasterCategory: Rhondda Cynon TafDistance (miles): 27
- Leamington and Warwick Riverside WalkCategory: WarwickDistance (miles): 4
- Rogation Sunday Boundary WalkCategory: MaidstoneDistance (miles): 8
- Nottingham Architectural Ale TrailCategory: Nottingham
- *Britain's Best Accessible Woods and Nature TrailsCategory: Across the UK
- Along the River Valley to Earls ColneCategory: BraintreeDistance (miles): 6
- Roadway Arts Walking TrailCategory: RedditchDistance (miles): 2
- >>> ALL Listings