Chichester Harbour, Chichester
'Walking around Chichester Harbour is always a joy. There are over 90km of public rights of way through the Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Many of these paths run right along the shoreline giving fantastic views of the water. Others cut across farmland and through the picturesque harbour villages.'
'Situated close to the historic city of Chichester, Selsey offers close access to some of the top wildlife destinations on the South Coast. It lies at the heart of the RSPB nature reserves at Pagham Harbour and Medmerry and via a series of linked paths is only a stones-throw from the Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty at Chichester Harbour.' Latest Dates 23-30 May 2016.
Around and About, Chichester
'HeartSmart walks are free, fun and full of local beauty. These walks are led by volunteer Walk Leaders and are designed to cater for all ages and abilities. The walks offer opportunities to exercise and meet new people in a safe and friendly environment.'
Around and About, Chichester
'The Arun and Rother Connections (ARC) Project 'is a landscape-scale project being delivered by a partnership made up of seven organisations. The main aim of the project is to promote a rich and thriving river system where wildlife flourishes and where people value and enjoy the landscape and natural and cultural heritage of the Arun and Rother rivers and their surrounding environment in West Sussex'.
'The River Rother flows from Empshott in Hampshire, England, to Stopham in West Sussex, where it joins the River Arun.'
Near to Bishop Luffa school, Westgate, Chichester
'A route between Chichester and West Dean following the line of part of the disused Chichester to Midhurst railway.'
Chichester Harbour, Chichester
'Chichester Ship Canal passes through 4 miles of open farmland from the Basin to Chichester Harbour at Birdham. The towpath is part of the Lipchis Way and cycling is permitted. The path connects with the Bill Way at Hunston and Salterns Way at Birdham, which are long-distance cycle routes to the sea. There are information boards along the canal and also historical remains of the original navigation, including Poyntz Bridge near the basin and the Selsey tramway abutment at Hunston.'
The Mens Nature Reserve, Chichester
'This is a peaceful mainly woodland walk through one of the wildest nature reserves in south east England. It runs through the hilly country just north of the village of Fittleworth, taking you along little-known paths, visiting the cottage where Elgar composed many of his later works, with fine views and refreshments in the village. '
Lord Raglan, Emsworth, Chichester
'Footpath route nearly 150 miles long around the inland boundary of the county of Sussex, first devised and published in 1983 by Ben Perkins and Aeneas Mackintosh. The county owes its origins to the kingdom of the South Saxons and can claim to have one of the longest inland county boundaries from Emsworth to Rye.'
Midhurst to Heathfield: 'Devised by the Sussex Area of the Ramblers' Association to mark the 60th anniversary (1995) of the Ramblers' Association'
The Sussex Diamond Way: The Book of the 60 Mile Walk (Brighton: Ramblers' Association, 1997) - but you might have difficulty finding a copy
The Sussex Diamond Way [Annierak]
West Dean, Chichester
'Follow in the footsteps of Richard Williamson - well-known in West Sussex as a countryside historian, writer and avid walker. These walking guides in and around the West Dean Estate will offer you the chance to see a variety of stunning views, wildlife, historical points of interest, and of course, places for eating and drinking!'
Recently Added Listings
- *Sherpa ExpeditionsCategory: Across the UK
- *EasyWaysCategory: Scotland
- England Coast Path - Camber to FolkestoneCategory: KentDistance (miles): 29
- *HikideasCategory: Across the UK
- England Coast Path - Filey Brigg to North GareCategory: North YorkshireDistance (miles): 68
- Ullswater WayCategory: EdenDistance (miles): 20
- Two Roses WayCategory: LancashireDistance (miles): 96
- *Berkshire WalkersCategory: Berkshire
- *Medal Routes - Aberdeen CityCategory: City of Aberdeen
- *Lucy's Walk Around BritainCategory: Across the UK
- *Lancashire Parks & GardensCategory: Lancashire
- Scottish Coast-to-Coast WalkCategory: ArgyllshireDistance (miles): 128
- Tan Hill Inn WalkCategory: RichmondshireDistance (miles): 10
- *Dyrham ParkCategory: South GloucestershireSize (acreage): 270
- *Gazetteer for ScotlandCategory: Paths & Trails in UK Local Government
- Shropshire Countryside Access and Public Rights of WayCategory: Shropshire
- *Walking in CumbriaCategory: Cumbria
- *WithinWarwickshireCategory: Warwickshire
- Harlech Town History TrailCategory: Merioneth
- Craik Muir Roman RoadCategory: RoxburghshireDistance (miles): 8
- *Ramblers - Sussex AreaCategory: Sussex
- Jane Eyre Hathersage TrailCategory: Derbyshire DalesDistance (miles): 6
- *Crychan ForestCategory: Brecknockshire
- *Anglesey Walking HolidaysCategory: Anglesey
- *Creative Rural Communities 'Vale Trails'Category: Vale of Glamorgan
- Barrow Circle TrailCategory: West DorsetDistance (miles): 6
- St Birinus Pilgrimage Route: Churn Knob - DorchesterCategory: South OxfordshireDistance (miles): 11
- Tramway TrailCategory: Aylesbury ValeDistance (miles): 6
- *Langport Two Day Walking FestivalCategory: South Somerset
- *National Sculpture Trail DirectoryCategory: Across the UK
- *Milton Keynes CouncilCategory: Milton Keynes
- *Holy Ghost CemeteryCategory: Basingstoke & DeaneSize (acreage): 3
- *Hartsholme Country Park and Swanholme Lakes Local Nature ReserveCategory: LincolnSize (acreage): 200
- *Finlaystone Country EstateCategory: RenfrewshireSize (acreage): 140
- Public Rights of Way in RutlandCategory: Rutland
- Cuilcagh WayCategory: Fermanagh & OmaghDistance (miles): 20
- *Hook Common and Bartley HeathCategory: HartSize (acreage): 330
- *Kent Health WalksCategory: Kent
- *Monmouth - Walkers Are WelcomeCategory: Monmouthshire
- Up & Doon Guided WalksCategory: Scotland
- *Plymouth RamblersCategory: Plymouth
- Sandwood BayCategory: SutherlandDistance (miles): 8
- *Global Adventure ChallengesCategory: Across the UK
- Rhondda RollercoasterCategory: Rhondda Cynon TafDistance (miles): 27
- Leamington and Warwick Riverside WalkCategory: WarwickDistance (miles): 4
- Rogation Sunday Boundary WalkCategory: MaidstoneDistance (miles): 8
- Nottingham Architectural Ale TrailCategory: Nottingham
- *Britain's Best Accessible Woods and Nature TrailsCategory: Across the UK
- Along the River Valley to Earls ColneCategory: BraintreeDistance (miles): 6
- Roadway Arts Walking TrailCategory: RedditchDistance (miles): 2
- >>> ALL Listings