'The club was formed in 1926. The programme is sent out twice a year with a planned walk on virtually every Saturday throughout the year. Additionally we walk on some of the bank holidays and have a Tuesday walk once a month.'
'A local walking group organising weekend walks and weekends away throughout South Wales and beyond. We have a varied programme, offering something for everyone from the committed enthusiast to the absolute beginner.'
'We organise walks in the south Wales area and beyond, including the Brecon Beacons, Black Mountains, Gower, Wye Valley and elsewhere. Walks vary from 2 to 20 miles - mainly on Wednesdays and weekends, but also include Friday strolls, summer Thursday evenings and other times ... There is no charge for non-members to join our walks - we expect you to join if you take part regularly. Joining helps to further the aims of the Ramblers.'
'Cardiff Walking for Health is a series of organised led walks throughout the city, designed to encourage Cardiff's residents to exercise more. The walks have been developed by walk leaders and other support staff. Walkers are advised to start gently for a few weeks and build up to something a little more testing when they are ready.'
'The circular trail for cyclists and walkers is 10km or 6.2miles long and runs around the Bay and across to the seaside town of Penarth via Pont y Werin, a 140 metre bridge providing a link for pedestrians and cyclists between Penarth and the International Sports Village.'
'Public rights of way are footpaths, bridleways and byways open to all traffic and any roads used as public paths. In total there are well over 100 miles of public rights of way across Cardiff. View public rights of way on a Map ... A variety of leaflets are available on Outdoor Cardiff along with information about a wide range of activities and amenities.'
'Our Cardiff walking tours are available most days and must be booked in advance. Booking is easy - just check availability on the BOOK NOW page and follow the booking instructions.'
'Ten of our favourite walks in the Cardiff area are available as leaflets. These include a variety of walks ranging from the lively urban Cardiff Bay to the wilder and more peaceful ridges to the north of the city.'
Also access details of 'Cardiff Group's first book of walks, written for the Ramblers' Association 60th anniversary in 1995, unfortunately now out of print'; and of 'Cardiff Group's second book of walks, all in the Cardiff area'.)
'A leisurely walk through 6,000 years of beauty, culture and history in the picturesque Vale of Glamorgan.'
'Cardiff's parks and green spaces make this one of the greenest cities in the UK ... With the Taff Trail passing through a number of parks and green spaces, it provides opportunities for circular walks. These include Bute Park, Hamadryad Park, Cardiff Bay Wetland Reserve, Hailey Park, and Forest Farm Country Park ... '
'If you do not know Cardiff, this walk will be something of an eye-opener, as it takes in some major iconic British buildings like the Senedd (Welsh Assembly), the Millennium Stadium and Millennium Centre, two cathedrals – one of them occupying the oldest cathedral site in the British Isles – some of the most interesting parkland in Britain and a waterfront that is a reminder that this was once one of the largest ports in the world.'
'Multi-purpose route between the Cardiff waterfront at Cardiff Bay in the South and the Market Town of Brecon in the North ... Passes close to Pontypridd and Merthyr Tydfil and through a wide variety of urban and suburban landscapes of those towns and the open moorland of the Brecon Beacons. '
'This is a fascinating walk within a short distance of Cardiff. It crosses the little known north east corner of the Vale and offers the walker historic villages, ruined castles and a battle site all combined with surprisingly attractive views. While a delightful area it is prone to flooding so can be wet underfoot.' [St Fagans ... St Brides ... St Georges]
Recently Added Listings
- *Sherpa ExpeditionsCategory: Across the UK
- *EasyWaysCategory: Scotland
- England Coast Path - Camber to FolkestoneCategory: KentDistance (miles): 29
- *HikideasCategory: Across the UK
- England Coast Path - Filey Brigg to North GareCategory: North YorkshireDistance (miles): 68
- Ullswater WayCategory: EdenDistance (miles): 20
- Two Roses WayCategory: LancashireDistance (miles): 96
- *Berkshire WalkersCategory: Berkshire
- *Medal Routes - Aberdeen CityCategory: City of Aberdeen
- *Lucy's Walk Around BritainCategory: Across the UK
- *Lancashire Parks & GardensCategory: Lancashire
- Scottish Coast-to-Coast WalkCategory: ArgyllshireDistance (miles): 128
- Tan Hill Inn WalkCategory: RichmondshireDistance (miles): 10
- *Dyrham ParkCategory: South GloucestershireSize (acreage): 270
- *Gazetteer for ScotlandCategory: Paths & Trails in UK Local Government
- Shropshire Countryside Access and Public Rights of WayCategory: Shropshire
- *Walking in CumbriaCategory: Cumbria
- *WithinWarwickshireCategory: Warwickshire
- Harlech Town History TrailCategory: Merioneth
- Craik Muir Roman RoadCategory: RoxburghshireDistance (miles): 8
- *Ramblers - Sussex AreaCategory: Sussex
- Jane Eyre Hathersage TrailCategory: Derbyshire DalesDistance (miles): 6
- *Crychan ForestCategory: Brecknockshire
- *Anglesey Walking HolidaysCategory: Anglesey
- *Creative Rural Communities 'Vale Trails'Category: Vale of Glamorgan
- Barrow Circle TrailCategory: West DorsetDistance (miles): 6
- St Birinus Pilgrimage Route: Churn Knob - DorchesterCategory: South OxfordshireDistance (miles): 11
- Tramway TrailCategory: Aylesbury ValeDistance (miles): 6
- *Langport Two Day Walking FestivalCategory: South Somerset
- *National Sculpture Trail DirectoryCategory: Across the UK
- *Milton Keynes CouncilCategory: Milton Keynes
- *Holy Ghost CemeteryCategory: Basingstoke & DeaneSize (acreage): 3
- *Hartsholme Country Park and Swanholme Lakes Local Nature ReserveCategory: LincolnSize (acreage): 200
- *Finlaystone Country EstateCategory: RenfrewshireSize (acreage): 140
- Public Rights of Way in RutlandCategory: Rutland
- Cuilcagh WayCategory: Fermanagh & OmaghDistance (miles): 20
- *Hook Common and Bartley HeathCategory: HartSize (acreage): 330
- *Kent Health WalksCategory: Kent
- *Monmouth - Walkers Are WelcomeCategory: Monmouthshire
- Up & Doon Guided WalksCategory: Scotland
- *Plymouth RamblersCategory: Plymouth
- Sandwood BayCategory: SutherlandDistance (miles): 8
- *Global Adventure ChallengesCategory: Across the UK
- Rhondda RollercoasterCategory: Rhondda Cynon TafDistance (miles): 27
- Leamington and Warwick Riverside WalkCategory: WarwickDistance (miles): 4
- Rogation Sunday Boundary WalkCategory: MaidstoneDistance (miles): 8
- Nottingham Architectural Ale TrailCategory: Nottingham
- *Britain's Best Accessible Woods and Nature TrailsCategory: Across the UK
- Along the River Valley to Earls ColneCategory: BraintreeDistance (miles): 6
- Roadway Arts Walking TrailCategory: RedditchDistance (miles): 2
- >>> ALL Listings