'Started in April 2001, Beckenham U3A has over 300 members at present, and we are still growing. We are completely self-governing, but are affiliated to the Third Age Trust, a Charity that looks after the interests of all the local U3As in this country.'
'In 2015 U3A BROMLEY celebrated its 25th anniversary ... Bromley has more than 1700 members and many different study groups ... Each local U3A is autonomous. Bromley arranges its own programme of study and recreational courses, visits, talks, travel, at home and abroad, social events and other activities.'
'Explore Bromley's countryside and the network of walking routes, with over 120 miles of public rights of way. You can enjoy over 30 square miles of Green Belt countryside and over 2,900 acres of council-owned parks and open space.'
'Orpington U3A is one of over 800 independent U3As in the UK with a total membership of nearly 300,000 ... Anyone no longer in full time employment living in or near Orpington is able to join. We currently have over 1100 members and the subscription is still only £10 per annum.'
A "green corridor", nicknamed "The Beck Corridor", was chosen as part of the SUN Project to encourage thought about the value of the area for biodiversity as well as involve local people in doing their bit for wildlife or in enjoying the area. The "corridor" runs from Beckenham Place Park to Spring Park and includes green spaces such as Kelsey Park, Cator Park, Harvington Estate and High Broom Wood, all falling within a stone's throw of "The Beck" river.'
'The Public over the age of 18 years are invited to join the EnBro volunteer lead walks ... There is no charge - simply turn up at the designated starting point and enjoy the walk ... The Walks Programme contains a wide variety of walks from gentle strolls to the more strenuous walks whereby leaders aim to complete a 5 mile walk within approximately 2 hours.'
EnBro Environment Bromley
'Darwin's Landscape Laboratory is the house, gardens and countryside near London where Darwin lived and worked for the forty years of his scientific maturity including his work on The Origin of Species ... The South Downs which inspired Charles Darwin continue to excite community groups to explore nature today. More than 250 volunteers, including young people, were trained to observe and record the natural habitat of the area. Walks, talks and leaflets enabled the general public to find out about the biodiversity of the area ...'
Charles Darwin Audio Trails [Bromley Council | Audio Trails]
'Discover the former Lubbock Estate and understand how they shaped it over time.'
Recently Added Listings
- Peak District Boundary WalkCategory: High PeakDistance (miles): 190
- *Sherpa ExpeditionsCategory: Across the UK
- *EasyWaysCategory: Scotland
- England Coast Path - Camber to FolkestoneCategory: KentDistance (miles): 29
- *HikideasCategory: Across the UK
- England Coast Path - Filey Brigg to North GareCategory: North YorkshireDistance (miles): 68
- Ullswater WayCategory: EdenDistance (miles): 20
- Two Roses WayCategory: LancashireDistance (miles): 96
- *Berkshire WalkersCategory: Berkshire
- *Medal Routes - Aberdeen CityCategory: City of Aberdeen
- *Lucy's Walk Around BritainCategory: Across the UK
- *Lancashire Parks & GardensCategory: Lancashire
- Scottish Coast-to-Coast WalkCategory: ArgyllshireDistance (miles): 128
- Tan Hill Inn WalkCategory: RichmondshireDistance (miles): 10
- *Dyrham ParkCategory: South GloucestershireSize (acreage): 270
- *Gazetteer for ScotlandCategory: Paths & Trails in UK Local Government
- Shropshire Countryside Access and Public Rights of WayCategory: Shropshire
- *Walking in CumbriaCategory: Cumbria
- *WithinWarwickshireCategory: Warwickshire
- Harlech Town History TrailCategory: Merioneth
- Craik Muir Roman RoadCategory: RoxburghshireDistance (miles): 8
- *Ramblers - Sussex AreaCategory: Sussex
- Jane Eyre Hathersage TrailCategory: Derbyshire DalesDistance (miles): 6
- *Crychan ForestCategory: Brecknockshire
- *Anglesey Walking HolidaysCategory: Anglesey
- *Creative Rural Communities 'Vale Trails'Category: Vale of Glamorgan
- Barrow Circle TrailCategory: West DorsetDistance (miles): 6
- St Birinus Pilgrimage Route: Churn Knob - DorchesterCategory: South OxfordshireDistance (miles): 11
- Tramway TrailCategory: Aylesbury ValeDistance (miles): 6
- *Langport Two Day Walking FestivalCategory: South Somerset
- *National Sculpture Trail DirectoryCategory: Across the UK
- *Milton Keynes CouncilCategory: Milton Keynes
- *Holy Ghost CemeteryCategory: Basingstoke & DeaneSize (acreage): 3
- *Hartsholme Country Park and Swanholme Lakes Local Nature ReserveCategory: LincolnSize (acreage): 200
- *Finlaystone Country EstateCategory: RenfrewshireSize (acreage): 140
- Public Rights of Way in RutlandCategory: Rutland
- Cuilcagh WayCategory: Fermanagh & OmaghDistance (miles): 20
- *Hook Common and Bartley HeathCategory: HartSize (acreage): 330
- *Kent Health WalksCategory: Kent
- *Monmouth - Walkers Are WelcomeCategory: Monmouthshire
- Up & Doon Guided WalksCategory: Scotland
- *Plymouth RamblersCategory: Plymouth
- Sandwood BayCategory: SutherlandDistance (miles): 8
- *Global Adventure ChallengesCategory: Across the UK
- Rhondda RollercoasterCategory: Rhondda Cynon TafDistance (miles): 27
- Leamington and Warwick Riverside WalkCategory: WarwickDistance (miles): 4
- Rogation Sunday Boundary WalkCategory: MaidstoneDistance (miles): 8
- Nottingham Architectural Ale TrailCategory: Nottingham
- *Britain's Best Accessible Woods and Nature TrailsCategory: Across the UK
- Along the River Valley to Earls ColneCategory: BraintreeDistance (miles): 6
- >>> ALL Listings