'With its rich varied landscape and extensive rights of way network, Bracknell Forest borough has some excellent walking opportunities available to those who want to explore this natural heritage on foot.'
'The Walking Group was one of the first Interest Groups when BFU3A started in 2001. Ever since then, the Group has been well supported and continues to attract new members. If walking interests you, then you will be most welcome to join us ...'
'Parks and countryside sites in Bracknell Forest ... Ranger-led walks take place around the borough all year round. This is a great opportunity to meet like-minded people whilst your body reaps the benefits of exercise in the fresh air. For information about organised walks in your area please see our leaflet.
'We aim to have a walk on every Sunday, every Tuesday and every Wednesday. Occasionally there are extra walks, in particular we normally have at least one longish (10m) walk every month. Once a walk is confirmed we hope that it will not change. And where a date has no walk it may well do before the day. Always worth a check nearer the time.'
'Sandhurst Health Walks has been in operation since February 2014. The walks are led and organised by a group of dedicated volunteers. We endeavour to have two walk leaders on every walk to ensure our walkers are well looked-after.'
'Wildmoor Heath is a large 99 hectare lowland heath site that provides a rich habitat for wildlife, including several rare species of birds ... The site is jointly-owned by Bracknell Forest Council and the Berkshire, Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire Wildlife Trust and managed in partnership as a nature reserve.'
'The Council is looking for people who are passionate about the countryside, promoting access for all and can contribute positively to the work of the LCAF. No formal qualifications are needed to become a member, but interested people will ideally have a broad range of knowledge, interest and experience relevant to countryside access.'
'Walking trail which follows footpaths, woodland tracks, bridleways and some stretches of road, passing through coniferous forest and heathland in the south to unspoilt open farmland to the north.'
'The Bracknell Forest Rights of Way Improvement Plan (ROWIP) is a ten-year strategic document covering the entire borough, and sets out how we as the Highway Authority intend to improve the management, provision and promotion of our rights of way network ...'
'Frost Folly Country Car Park, was officially opened by Jean Frost on 13th August 2003. The land was donated by her late husband, Chris Frost, to the Warfield Parish Council, to be used as a countryside amenity. During the last several years, the Parish Council has slowly turned it into a Countryside Car Park and it is the starting point of several circular walks, most of which are accessible for those in wheel and power chairs ... '
However, the Link on the Warfield Parish Council Website that I originally used for this description seems to have disappeared. So I have replaced it with an alternative Warfield - Northern Lanes from iFootpath.
Recently Added Listings
- Peak District Boundary WalkCategory: High PeakDistance (miles): 190
- *Sherpa ExpeditionsCategory: Across the UK
- *EasyWaysCategory: Scotland
- England Coast Path - Camber to FolkestoneCategory: KentDistance (miles): 29
- *HikideasCategory: Across the UK
- England Coast Path - Filey Brigg to North GareCategory: North YorkshireDistance (miles): 68
- Ullswater WayCategory: EdenDistance (miles): 20
- Two Roses WayCategory: LancashireDistance (miles): 96
- *Berkshire WalkersCategory: Berkshire
- *Medal Routes - Aberdeen CityCategory: City of Aberdeen
- *Lucy's Walk Around BritainCategory: Across the UK
- *Lancashire Parks & GardensCategory: Lancashire
- Scottish Coast-to-Coast WalkCategory: ArgyllshireDistance (miles): 128
- Tan Hill Inn WalkCategory: RichmondshireDistance (miles): 10
- *Dyrham ParkCategory: South GloucestershireSize (acreage): 270
- *Gazetteer for ScotlandCategory: Paths & Trails in UK Local Government
- Shropshire Countryside Access and Public Rights of WayCategory: Shropshire
- *Walking in CumbriaCategory: Cumbria
- *WithinWarwickshireCategory: Warwickshire
- Harlech Town History TrailCategory: Merioneth
- Craik Muir Roman RoadCategory: RoxburghshireDistance (miles): 8
- *Ramblers - Sussex AreaCategory: Sussex
- Jane Eyre Hathersage TrailCategory: Derbyshire DalesDistance (miles): 6
- *Crychan ForestCategory: Brecknockshire
- *Anglesey Walking HolidaysCategory: Anglesey
- *Creative Rural Communities 'Vale Trails'Category: Vale of Glamorgan
- Barrow Circle TrailCategory: West DorsetDistance (miles): 6
- St Birinus Pilgrimage Route: Churn Knob - DorchesterCategory: South OxfordshireDistance (miles): 11
- Tramway TrailCategory: Aylesbury ValeDistance (miles): 6
- *Langport Two Day Walking FestivalCategory: South Somerset
- *National Sculpture Trail DirectoryCategory: Across the UK
- *Milton Keynes CouncilCategory: Milton Keynes
- *Holy Ghost CemeteryCategory: Basingstoke & DeaneSize (acreage): 3
- *Hartsholme Country Park and Swanholme Lakes Local Nature ReserveCategory: LincolnSize (acreage): 200
- *Finlaystone Country EstateCategory: RenfrewshireSize (acreage): 140
- Public Rights of Way in RutlandCategory: Rutland
- Cuilcagh WayCategory: Fermanagh & OmaghDistance (miles): 20
- *Hook Common and Bartley HeathCategory: HartSize (acreage): 330
- *Kent Health WalksCategory: Kent
- *Monmouth - Walkers Are WelcomeCategory: Monmouthshire
- Up & Doon Guided WalksCategory: Scotland
- *Plymouth RamblersCategory: Plymouth
- Sandwood BayCategory: SutherlandDistance (miles): 8
- *Global Adventure ChallengesCategory: Across the UK
- Rhondda RollercoasterCategory: Rhondda Cynon TafDistance (miles): 27
- Leamington and Warwick Riverside WalkCategory: WarwickDistance (miles): 4
- Rogation Sunday Boundary WalkCategory: MaidstoneDistance (miles): 8
- Nottingham Architectural Ale TrailCategory: Nottingham
- *Britain's Best Accessible Woods and Nature TrailsCategory: Across the UK
- Along the River Valley to Earls ColneCategory: BraintreeDistance (miles): 6
- >>> ALL Listings