'Founded in the year 1970 ... We are a lively, friendly and broad-age range group and you're very welcome to try walking with us, or to get involved in looking after paths and green spaces and opening up new places to explore.'
'The newly-opened wetland trail is a circular route around the developing wet grassland with views over to the saltmarsh. The lagoon trail is only partially suitable for wheelchair access, although the hide is accessible. Excellent views of many of the birds can be had from the car park. The wetland trail is also only partially accessible to wheelchairs.'
The Boston Experience 'There are a wealth of things to do for both visitors and residents in and around Boston, including a Trail About Town. The Boston Experience provides links to local attractions and other websites of interest.'
'On this walk you will experience both town and country taking in some of the historic streets of Boston, crossing fertile fenland fields and walking beside both a river and a man-made drain.'
'Follows some of the waterways of Boston including The Haven, the Hobhole drain and the Maud Foster drain, as well as passing through two nature reserves (Havenside and Hobhole Bank). A great walk to see a variety of wildlife. The walk uses drain and river side paths which may be muddy in places.'
'The information on this page was garnered during the investigation for 4 days of walking around The Wash during September 2015. The walks will appear on this site in the coming months with full details of directions, features and pubs. This overview serves as a guide to any walker who has the intention of walking around the Wash ...'
'The latest addition to the Macmillan Way stable is Cross Britain Way. Sharing a starting point with the Macmillan Way main route in Boston, Cross Britain Way heads westwards across middle England ...'
Cross Britain Way Guidebook 'This 144-page full colour book describes the route from Boston to Barmouth. Divided into 10 chapters and complete with maps and photographs.'
Walk Two 'will take approximately 3.5 hours to complete (there is a shorter Walk One): These walks will appeal to both lovers of wildlife and wild coast. Both walks take in the wonderful Frampton Marsh Nature Reserve and quiet stretches of sea bank overlooking The Wash.' Unfortunately these Walks seemed to have disappeared from the Web - so I have replaced the Link with one to Natural England.
Frampton Marsh [RSPB]
Recently Added Listings
- *Sherpa ExpeditionsCategory: Across the UK
- *EasyWaysCategory: Scotland
- England Coast Path - Camber to FolkestoneCategory: KentDistance (miles): 29
- *HikideasCategory: Across the UK
- England Coast Path - Filey Brigg to North GareCategory: North YorkshireDistance (miles): 68
- Ullswater WayCategory: EdenDistance (miles): 20
- Two Roses WayCategory: LancashireDistance (miles): 96
- *Berkshire WalkersCategory: Berkshire
- *Medal Routes - Aberdeen CityCategory: City of Aberdeen
- *Lucy's Walk Around BritainCategory: Across the UK
- *Lancashire Parks & GardensCategory: Lancashire
- Scottish Coast-to-Coast WalkCategory: ArgyllshireDistance (miles): 128
- Tan Hill Inn WalkCategory: RichmondshireDistance (miles): 10
- *Dyrham ParkCategory: South GloucestershireSize (acreage): 270
- *Gazetteer for ScotlandCategory: Paths & Trails in UK Local Government
- Shropshire Countryside Access and Public Rights of WayCategory: Shropshire
- *Walking in CumbriaCategory: Cumbria
- *WithinWarwickshireCategory: Warwickshire
- Harlech Town History TrailCategory: Merioneth
- Craik Muir Roman RoadCategory: RoxburghshireDistance (miles): 8
- *Ramblers - Sussex AreaCategory: Sussex
- Jane Eyre Hathersage TrailCategory: Derbyshire DalesDistance (miles): 6
- *Crychan ForestCategory: Brecknockshire
- *Anglesey Walking HolidaysCategory: Anglesey
- *Creative Rural Communities 'Vale Trails'Category: Vale of Glamorgan
- Barrow Circle TrailCategory: West DorsetDistance (miles): 6
- St Birinus Pilgrimage Route: Churn Knob - DorchesterCategory: South OxfordshireDistance (miles): 11
- Tramway TrailCategory: Aylesbury ValeDistance (miles): 6
- *Langport Two Day Walking FestivalCategory: South Somerset
- *National Sculpture Trail DirectoryCategory: Across the UK
- *Milton Keynes CouncilCategory: Milton Keynes
- *Holy Ghost CemeteryCategory: Basingstoke & DeaneSize (acreage): 3
- *Hartsholme Country Park and Swanholme Lakes Local Nature ReserveCategory: LincolnSize (acreage): 200
- *Finlaystone Country EstateCategory: RenfrewshireSize (acreage): 140
- Public Rights of Way in RutlandCategory: Rutland
- Cuilcagh WayCategory: Fermanagh & OmaghDistance (miles): 20
- *Hook Common and Bartley HeathCategory: HartSize (acreage): 330
- *Kent Health WalksCategory: Kent
- *Monmouth - Walkers Are WelcomeCategory: Monmouthshire
- Up & Doon Guided WalksCategory: Scotland
- *Plymouth RamblersCategory: Plymouth
- Sandwood BayCategory: SutherlandDistance (miles): 8
- *Global Adventure ChallengesCategory: Across the UK
- Rhondda RollercoasterCategory: Rhondda Cynon TafDistance (miles): 27
- Leamington and Warwick Riverside WalkCategory: WarwickDistance (miles): 4
- Rogation Sunday Boundary WalkCategory: MaidstoneDistance (miles): 8
- Nottingham Architectural Ale TrailCategory: Nottingham
- *Britain's Best Accessible Woods and Nature TrailsCategory: Across the UK
- Along the River Valley to Earls ColneCategory: BraintreeDistance (miles): 6
- Roadway Arts Walking TrailCategory: RedditchDistance (miles): 2
- >>> ALL Listings