'Leyburn is a perfect base for your walking holiday. There are walks directly from the town centre in every direction, including walks to Bolton Castle, Redmire, Jervaulx Abbey, West Witton, Middleham Castle and Bolton Hall. Many of the walks take in Leyburn Shawl with panoramic views of rolling Wensleydale towards Penhill and the Coverdale Fells ... '
'Our festival provides the opportunity for a fantastic break; combining day time walks led by knowledgeable guides, with evening talks from popular and emerging authors. You create your own programme; do as little or as much of either or both.' Latest Dates 24 September - 2 October 2016.
Walk around countryside familiar from the James Herriot TV series: 'The walk, unlike most multi-day walks, is circular; the traditional start and end point being in Aysgarth in the heart of Wensleydale – possibly the most famous of all Yorkshire Dales'.
Walking the Herriot Way 'The guide book provides detailed walking descriptions for the 55 mile, circular trail in both directions (clockwise and anti-clockwise). It also includes 20 hand-drawn maps to help you navigate the route. Every stile, every gate, every change of direction is described so that you can be sure of walking the route with ease and confidence. The Gallery section of the site has photographs of many sections of the Way, so landmarks will seem like familiar friends when you look for them on the trail'.
'Explore Roman remains, Iron Age earthworks and more on this circular walk along field paths and minor roads.'
'Richmond, North Yorkshire is a town of unique character and beauty which has changed little through the centuries. With the variety of shopping and its many pubs, hotels and restaurants, the proximity to the most stunning scenery anywhere to be seen, Richmond remains one of the most beautiful and rewarding places to visit in the Country ...'
'2012 marked the sixtieth anniversary of the Society – it was founded in Aysgarth in April 1952. At our first meeting of the 2012-13 season, the occasion was celebrated with the launch of Diana Jolland's newly published booklet "A 60-mile Walk Around Wensleydale" containing a series of walks she has devised that add up to 60 miles in total ... Leyburn has long been a destination for walkers and this new walk puts Leyburn on the long-distance walking map.'
Keld, Swaledale, Richmondshire
'Walks in and around Wensleydale ... We're currently busy building up a library of 52 walks in the area - one for each week of the year! So please call again soon.'
Recently Added Listings
- *Sherpa ExpeditionsCategory: Across the UK
- *EasyWaysCategory: Scotland
- England Coast Path - Camber to FolkestoneCategory: KentDistance (miles): 29
- *HikideasCategory: Across the UK
- England Coast Path - Filey Brigg to North GareCategory: North YorkshireDistance (miles): 68
- Ullswater WayCategory: EdenDistance (miles): 20
- Two Roses WayCategory: LancashireDistance (miles): 96
- *Berkshire WalkersCategory: Berkshire
- *Medal Routes - Aberdeen CityCategory: City of Aberdeen
- *Lucy's Walk Around BritainCategory: Across the UK
- *Lancashire Parks & GardensCategory: Lancashire
- Scottish Coast-to-Coast WalkCategory: ArgyllshireDistance (miles): 128
- Tan Hill Inn WalkCategory: RichmondshireDistance (miles): 10
- *Dyrham ParkCategory: South GloucestershireSize (acreage): 270
- *Gazetteer for ScotlandCategory: Paths & Trails in UK Local Government
- Shropshire Countryside Access and Public Rights of WayCategory: Shropshire
- *Walking in CumbriaCategory: Cumbria
- *WithinWarwickshireCategory: Warwickshire
- Harlech Town History TrailCategory: Merioneth
- Craik Muir Roman RoadCategory: RoxburghshireDistance (miles): 8
- *Ramblers - Sussex AreaCategory: Sussex
- Jane Eyre Hathersage TrailCategory: Derbyshire DalesDistance (miles): 6
- *Crychan ForestCategory: Brecknockshire
- *Anglesey Walking HolidaysCategory: Anglesey
- *Creative Rural Communities 'Vale Trails'Category: Vale of Glamorgan
- Barrow Circle TrailCategory: West DorsetDistance (miles): 6
- St Birinus Pilgrimage Route: Churn Knob - DorchesterCategory: South OxfordshireDistance (miles): 11
- Tramway TrailCategory: Aylesbury ValeDistance (miles): 6
- *Langport Two Day Walking FestivalCategory: South Somerset
- *National Sculpture Trail DirectoryCategory: Across the UK
- *Milton Keynes CouncilCategory: Milton Keynes
- *Holy Ghost CemeteryCategory: Basingstoke & DeaneSize (acreage): 3
- *Hartsholme Country Park and Swanholme Lakes Local Nature ReserveCategory: LincolnSize (acreage): 200
- *Finlaystone Country EstateCategory: RenfrewshireSize (acreage): 140
- Public Rights of Way in RutlandCategory: Rutland
- Cuilcagh WayCategory: Fermanagh & OmaghDistance (miles): 20
- *Hook Common and Bartley HeathCategory: HartSize (acreage): 330
- *Kent Health WalksCategory: Kent
- *Monmouth - Walkers Are WelcomeCategory: Monmouthshire
- Up & Doon Guided WalksCategory: Scotland
- *Plymouth RamblersCategory: Plymouth
- Sandwood BayCategory: SutherlandDistance (miles): 8
- *Global Adventure ChallengesCategory: Across the UK
- Rhondda RollercoasterCategory: Rhondda Cynon TafDistance (miles): 27
- Leamington and Warwick Riverside WalkCategory: WarwickDistance (miles): 4
- Rogation Sunday Boundary WalkCategory: MaidstoneDistance (miles): 8
- Nottingham Architectural Ale TrailCategory: Nottingham
- *Britain's Best Accessible Woods and Nature TrailsCategory: Across the UK
- Along the River Valley to Earls ColneCategory: BraintreeDistance (miles): 6
- Roadway Arts Walking TrailCategory: RedditchDistance (miles): 2
- >>> ALL Listings