Fermanagh & Omagh
'Set in breathtaking surroundings you can recharge your batteries and enjoy one of the many walks and cycle trials on the grounds and take in the sights and sounds as you pedal or walk through the open landscape and forest trails.'
Around and About Fivemiletown, Fermanagh
'The Knockatallon and Cooneen Rambling clubs organise this cross-border, two-day festival in the Sliabh Beagh Hills of North Monaghan & East Fermanagh.' Latest Dates 18-19 April 2015.
'Numerous nature trails, woodland walks and cycle trails run throughout this beautiful country park which is located on the shores of lower Lough Erne.'
'Castle Coole has a range of pleasant walks to suit all abilities. Take a tranquil stroll around Lough Coole, or warm up with a cycle through the beech trees. On your walk look out for some of the highlights ...'
Upper Lough Erne, Newtownbutler, Fermanagh
'Located on the shores of Upper Lough Erne, Crom is one of the most romantic and peaceful places in Northern Ireland. This 2,000 acre demesne is surrounded by tranquil islands and ancient woodlands.'
'We are Dromore Walking Group and we intend to meet one morning every fortnight in the summer - usually a Thursday ... Dromore Walking Group is open to new members.'
Around and About, Fermanagh
'The Fermanagh Ramblers see themselves as a social group who walk. We have dedicated ourselves to becoming the safest possible walking club on the hills and our investment in both our leadership training programme and safety equipment ensures that.'
Creamery Cross, Fermanagh
'There is something for all the family at this warm and welcoming 18th-century property, the former home of the Earls of Enniskillen. The house enjoys a peaceful setting in west Fermanagh, with a dramatic backdrop of mountains and forests. There are glorious walks to enjoy, as well as fine vistas and play areas. There is even a charming walled garden.'
Gortin Glen Forest Park, Omagh
'Six miles north of Omagh at the western gateway to the Sperrin mountains ... The Ulster Way passes through part of the forest.'
Gortin Glen Forest Park [WalkNi.com] (PDF)
Lough Navar Forest, Fermanagh
'Within the Lough Navar Forest are many way-marked walking trails highlighting short and longer walks. Particularly lovely is the Blackslee Waterfall Trail which is edged with deciduous scrub and so in springtime there are many primroses, anemones, wild garlic, bluebells and violets.'
Marble Arch Geopark, Fermanagh
'Contains some of the finest landscapes in the north of Ireland. Ranging from rugged uplands, lakes and forests through to gently rolling drumlins, the landscapes of the Geopark represent a complex Earth history dating back as far as 650 million years ago. With evidence of mountain building and destruction; searing hot deserts and warm tropical oceans; and of icy wastelands and water-worn caverns, the rocks and landscapes of the Geopark are nothing short of amazing.'
Around and About, Fermanagh
'Fermanagh is an ideal venue for walkers. With its vast array or terrains, mountains, forest and castle walks there will be something so suit all strengths, abilities and interests.'
About thirty Walk Descriptions around and about County Fermanagh - the lengths ranging from 0.5 to 30 miles: 'Fermanagh accounts for 13.2% of land mass of Northern Ireland and 30% of Fermanagh is covered with lakes and waterways ... It is mainly rural and is situated largely in the basin of the River Erne. It is dominated by two connected lakes: Upper and Lower Lough Erne, and, including water, spans an area of 1,851 km² (715 sq; mi).'
Around and About, Omagh
'Based in Omagh (often referred to as Omagh Walking Club) the Club has over 100 members. Walks take place on alternate Saturdays and Sundays throughout the year, departing from Omagh Leisure Centre Car Park at 09.30 am.'
'Stage 17 of the The Ulster Way from Gortin to Moneyneany, also known as the Central Sperrins Way, is a moderate 2 day or strenuous 1 day (37 km) walking route in County Tyrone in Northern Ireland. This hike is through the centre of the Sperrin Mountains and the scenic Glenelly Valley along mostly quiet back roads and paths ...'
Cuilcagh Mountain Park, Fermanagh
'This linear walk takes you through Cuilcagh Mountain Park. The Park and Marble Arch Caves were jointly award the title of UNESCO European Geopark in October 2001, followed by UNESCO Global Geopark status in 2004 ...' Note that - apart from this enticing photograph - details of this Walk seems to have been lost during the change from Fermanagh to Fermanagh & Omagh District Council. You could peruse instead the description of the Cuilcagh Way on the WalkNI Site.
Tourist Information Centre, Omagh
'The Visitor to Omagh will absorb quite a bit of the town's history and character in the course of this little walk, which should take about an hour. Omagh has been a market town, a garrison town, and the county town of Tyrone since 1768 ...'
Aughnacloy, Dungannon & South Tyrone
'The Sliabh Beagh Way is perhaps the most scenic walk in the whole of Northern Ireland: it is possible to walk all day and not meet another soul. If it's solitude and quiet you are looking for, this could be the walk for you ...'
Sliabh Beagh Way [WalkNI]
Recently Added Listings
- *Sherpa ExpeditionsCategory: Across the UK
- *EasyWaysCategory: Scotland
- England Coast Path - Camber to FolkestoneCategory: KentDistance (miles): 29
- *HikideasCategory: Across the UK
- England Coast Path - Filey Brigg to North GareCategory: North YorkshireDistance (miles): 68
- Ullswater WayCategory: EdenDistance (miles): 20
- Two Roses WayCategory: LancashireDistance (miles): 96
- *Berkshire WalkersCategory: Berkshire
- *Medal Routes - Aberdeen CityCategory: City of Aberdeen
- *Lucy's Walk Around BritainCategory: Across the UK
- *Lancashire Parks & GardensCategory: Lancashire
- Scottish Coast-to-Coast WalkCategory: ArgyllshireDistance (miles): 128
- Tan Hill Inn WalkCategory: RichmondshireDistance (miles): 10
- *Dyrham ParkCategory: South GloucestershireSize (acreage): 270
- *Gazetteer for ScotlandCategory: Paths & Trails in UK Local Government
- Shropshire Countryside Access and Public Rights of WayCategory: Shropshire
- *Walking in CumbriaCategory: Cumbria
- *WithinWarwickshireCategory: Warwickshire
- Harlech Town History TrailCategory: Merioneth
- Craik Muir Roman RoadCategory: RoxburghshireDistance (miles): 8
- *Ramblers - Sussex AreaCategory: Sussex
- Jane Eyre Hathersage TrailCategory: Derbyshire DalesDistance (miles): 6
- *Crychan ForestCategory: Brecknockshire
- *Anglesey Walking HolidaysCategory: Anglesey
- *Creative Rural Communities 'Vale Trails'Category: Vale of Glamorgan
- Barrow Circle TrailCategory: West DorsetDistance (miles): 6
- St Birinus Pilgrimage Route: Churn Knob - DorchesterCategory: South OxfordshireDistance (miles): 11
- Tramway TrailCategory: Aylesbury ValeDistance (miles): 6
- *Langport Two Day Walking FestivalCategory: South Somerset
- *National Sculpture Trail DirectoryCategory: Across the UK
- *Milton Keynes CouncilCategory: Milton Keynes
- *Holy Ghost CemeteryCategory: Basingstoke & DeaneSize (acreage): 3
- *Hartsholme Country Park and Swanholme Lakes Local Nature ReserveCategory: LincolnSize (acreage): 200
- *Finlaystone Country EstateCategory: RenfrewshireSize (acreage): 140
- Public Rights of Way in RutlandCategory: Rutland
- Cuilcagh WayCategory: Fermanagh & OmaghDistance (miles): 20
- *Hook Common and Bartley HeathCategory: HartSize (acreage): 330
- *Kent Health WalksCategory: Kent
- *Monmouth - Walkers Are WelcomeCategory: Monmouthshire
- Up & Doon Guided WalksCategory: Scotland
- *Plymouth RamblersCategory: Plymouth
- Sandwood BayCategory: SutherlandDistance (miles): 8
- *Global Adventure ChallengesCategory: Across the UK
- Rhondda RollercoasterCategory: Rhondda Cynon TafDistance (miles): 27
- Leamington and Warwick Riverside WalkCategory: WarwickDistance (miles): 4
- Rogation Sunday Boundary WalkCategory: MaidstoneDistance (miles): 8
- Nottingham Architectural Ale TrailCategory: Nottingham
- *Britain's Best Accessible Woods and Nature TrailsCategory: Across the UK
- Along the River Valley to Earls ColneCategory: BraintreeDistance (miles): 6
- Roadway Arts Walking TrailCategory: RedditchDistance (miles): 2
- >>> ALL Listings