Across the UK
'Aims to make it easy to get into outdoor activities and sports by bringing events, charity challenges, activities & holidays, clubs, expert advice, online shops, local shops, local specialists and accommodation all together under one roof.'
'The last ten or so years have passed uncomfortably quickly, it seems like only yesterday that I walked my first trail in the summer of 2004; the North Downs Way. Since then, trailwalking has become something of an addiction, an addiction made stronger by the very limited times I get off work ...'
'Trekking Britain is a free resource for anyone wishing to head for the hills and mountains of Britain. The site attracts all those interested in the great outdoors. Hill Walkers, Hikers, Ramblers, Mountain Trekkers, Climbers, Photographers, Wildlife lovers, will all enjoy browsing the Site's many free resources.'
Trekking Britain [facebook]
'Service where anyone can view our catalog of fitness events across a wide range of sports, locations and providers (including many charities). We wanted to use a clean and modern layout as well as using simple search options, this way you can bring up what you want to look at with just a few clicks on your mouse ... after all, the less time you take searching for your event the more time you have to get fit!'
'Walk4Life was orginally part of the Government's Change4Life campaign that was set up to encourage families and adults to eat well, move more and live longer, by making small lifestyle changes that add up to big health benefits. Walk4Life is all about helping people move and walking is a great way to start. Almost everyone can do it, anywhere, at any time, and it’s free - you can just get out there and start walking ...' This Site is now fee-based.
'The Home Of Walking Festivals In The UK & Ireland ... Walking Festivals UK is the main resource for finding and listing walking festivals and events ... If you find your festival is not listed please submit your Walking Festival.'
'Walking Places is your place on the web to store and publish your walking journals, diaries and guides. Whether you keep a record of the walks you do with the dog or write a daily diary of your long distance walks, we want you to tell the world about it, through the medium of Walking Places ... Your help is needed! I'm trying desperately to keep this site alive and free of advertising ...'
'This is the website of “JR Hackney” otherwise known as “The Taxi Driver”. The purpose of this website is to provide you with FREE information on a whole host of walks that we have undertaken and that we recommend to you to also undertake and enjoy ... You can now view our videos on our YouTube channel.'
'Hello and welcome to the forum. Feel free to discuss any issues relating to walking and hiking in the UK here. Remember to bookmark this site and come back often to help make this a lively community and great resource for all ... Please do not advertise or promote your products or website on the boards (although you can put a link to your walking related site in your sig). Active members are welcome to include a link to their walking related website in our Links section where we'd normally expect a reciprocal link in return ...'
'We have now opened our walks section, and now have a selection of ... walks in the North Pennines, Lake District, Yorkshire Dales, Peak District, Yorkshire Wolds, the Shropshire Hills and Scotland.'
'A completely free directory of UK walks with step-by-step descriptive walking routes and maps. I hope you enjoy the walks as much as I have and find my reviews of walking clothes, walking boots and walking accessories valuable.'
'Whether you’re a weekend rambler, like to walk once a month or a group planning its next charity hike, WalkScene is the website for you. We’re continually adding to our a growing list of detailed walking routes from around the country and further afield.'
'Pilgrimages, pilgrim routes and routes of religious historical interest in the UK. Some of these routes are pilgrimages over 1000 years old whilst others are new routes visiting places of historically religious interests.'
'Take a WildWalk around your local landscape and enjoy the wonders of nature, while helping it at the same time. Note the species and habitats you see and join The Wildlife Trusts in monitoring local wildlife as part of our Living Landscapes initiative. Championed by The Wildlife Trusts, Living Landscapes is a new way of thinking big about how we manage the land for wildlife, people and the economy. By working on a landscape-scale with partners, landowners and local communities, we are bringing isolated pockets of nature together to form a network and help wildlife to recover and thrive across the UK.'
'A continuing record of my days out walking and cycling in the British Countryside (sometimes beyond!) and I hope will inspire others to discover that even with a limited amount of time to spare they can still complete our long distance trails.'
'The National Three Peaks Challenge is a well known phrase amongst the more adventurous. This challenge involves walking the highest mountains in Scotland, England and Wales within 24 hours ... The three peaks are:  Ben Nevis (1,344 m or 4,409 ft), the highest mountain in Scotland;  Scafell Pike (978 m or 3,209 ft), the highest mountain in England;  Snowdon / Yr Wyddfa (1,085 m or 3,560 ft), the highest mountain in Wales ... Organised versions of the National Three Peaks Challenge are available, while many groups organise their own.'
However, we must note that the Challenge is 'putting increasing pressure on the same localities throughout the summer months, with considerable negative impact on the environment, local residents, rescue services and amenities. The National Parks/Local Authorities and landowners are responding to the impact of this event by discouraging further growth and beginning to operate a stronger management regime for it'.
Recently Added Listings
- *Sherpa ExpeditionsCategory: Across the UK
- *EasyWaysCategory: Scotland
- England Coast Path - Camber to FolkestoneCategory: KentDistance (miles): 29
- *HikideasCategory: Across the UK
- England Coast Path - Filey Brigg to North GareCategory: North YorkshireDistance (miles): 68
- Ullswater WayCategory: EdenDistance (miles): 20
- Two Roses WayCategory: LancashireDistance (miles): 96
- *Berkshire WalkersCategory: Berkshire
- *Medal Routes - Aberdeen CityCategory: City of Aberdeen
- *Lucy's Walk Around BritainCategory: Across the UK
- *Lancashire Parks & GardensCategory: Lancashire
- Scottish Coast-to-Coast WalkCategory: ArgyllshireDistance (miles): 128
- Tan Hill Inn WalkCategory: RichmondshireDistance (miles): 10
- *Dyrham ParkCategory: South GloucestershireSize (acreage): 270
- *Gazetteer for ScotlandCategory: Paths & Trails in UK Local Government
- Shropshire Countryside Access and Public Rights of WayCategory: Shropshire
- *Walking in CumbriaCategory: Cumbria
- *WithinWarwickshireCategory: Warwickshire
- Harlech Town History TrailCategory: Merioneth
- Craik Muir Roman RoadCategory: RoxburghshireDistance (miles): 8
- *Ramblers - Sussex AreaCategory: Sussex
- Jane Eyre Hathersage TrailCategory: Derbyshire DalesDistance (miles): 6
- *Crychan ForestCategory: Brecknockshire
- *Anglesey Walking HolidaysCategory: Anglesey
- *Creative Rural Communities 'Vale Trails'Category: Vale of Glamorgan
- Barrow Circle TrailCategory: West DorsetDistance (miles): 6
- St Birinus Pilgrimage Route: Churn Knob - DorchesterCategory: South OxfordshireDistance (miles): 11
- Tramway TrailCategory: Aylesbury ValeDistance (miles): 6
- *Langport Two Day Walking FestivalCategory: South Somerset
- *National Sculpture Trail DirectoryCategory: Across the UK
- *Milton Keynes CouncilCategory: Milton Keynes
- *Holy Ghost CemeteryCategory: Basingstoke & DeaneSize (acreage): 3
- *Hartsholme Country Park and Swanholme Lakes Local Nature ReserveCategory: LincolnSize (acreage): 200
- *Finlaystone Country EstateCategory: RenfrewshireSize (acreage): 140
- Public Rights of Way in RutlandCategory: Rutland
- Cuilcagh WayCategory: Fermanagh & OmaghDistance (miles): 20
- *Hook Common and Bartley HeathCategory: HartSize (acreage): 330
- *Kent Health WalksCategory: Kent
- *Monmouth - Walkers Are WelcomeCategory: Monmouthshire
- Up & Doon Guided WalksCategory: Scotland
- *Plymouth RamblersCategory: Plymouth
- Sandwood BayCategory: SutherlandDistance (miles): 8
- *Global Adventure ChallengesCategory: Across the UK
- Rhondda RollercoasterCategory: Rhondda Cynon TafDistance (miles): 27
- Leamington and Warwick Riverside WalkCategory: WarwickDistance (miles): 4
- Rogation Sunday Boundary WalkCategory: MaidstoneDistance (miles): 8
- Nottingham Architectural Ale TrailCategory: Nottingham
- *Britain's Best Accessible Woods and Nature TrailsCategory: Across the UK
- Along the River Valley to Earls ColneCategory: BraintreeDistance (miles): 6
- Roadway Arts Walking TrailCategory: RedditchDistance (miles): 2
- >>> ALL Listings