Across the UK
'Whatever your age or ability there’s a walk for you. We’ve got fun festive-themed walks that the little ones will love; leisurely strolls under 5 miles for people new to walking; and longer walks for those that want more of a challenge over the Christmas break. For those of you who may be short on time or want a gentler stroll, why not join a health walk? Walking for Health and Let's Walk Cymru in Wales are also part of the Festival of Winter Walks.' Held Mid December - Early January.
'A family-run business, has been organising top quality walking breaks for the past 30 years, and has built up an enviable reputation for professionalism, customer care and (above all) enthusiasm, friendliness and approachability ... '
'This is a geocaching resource website and blog that maps the geocache trails across the UK – England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. It is also a useful resource for anything geocaching including links, geocaching news, useful tips and snippets of geocaching information. As you zoom in more trails will show. Click on the map marker to see useful information about the trail and links to geocaching.com.'
'Geotrails and Building Stone Walks produced and published by the Geologists' Association and its Local and Affiliated Groups (arranged in regions). In due course there will be a link to the British Geological Survey (BGS) interactive GeoBritain which will show locations. The BGS Map already shows the BGS Holiday Geology Guides.'
'Have you ever dreamt of doing something amazing for your favourite charity? Have you ever wanted to push yourself and give something back for a cause close to your heart? Or do you just want to undertake one of the most amazing physical challenges of your life? ... Welcome to Global Adventure Challenges ...'
Some 3000 'free walks in the UK, which are brought together from many different websites, for you to see on an easy to view map. The walks are also listed by OS Explorer Map. So whether you're looking for a one off walk, or planning a walking holiday, start your search here ...' Unfortunately this Website seems to have disappeared.
'At HF Holidays we have over 100 years' experience organising outdoor holidays ... Every year over 50,000 guests choose to travel with us to destinations all over the world which makes us Britain's largest walking and outdoor leisure holiday specialists offering a fantastic range of Walking, and Leisure Activities holidays.'
Website 'derived from its French equivalent ( Visorando ). Here, walkers can choose among more than 900 selected walks and download a PDF for free, with precise descriptions and walking maps. We also developed some tools to let users create their own walks and get the pdf automatically. We encourage them to share their walks to the community'.
'I am walking around the coast of Great Britain, starting at Tower Bridge in London (that well known coastal resort) on Monday 6th April 2015 and walking anti-clockwise. This isn’t a world first as other people have done it before, although with so many islands, estuaries and no defined coastal path the whole way round, it’s difficult to be precise about anything. I have reckoned on taking one year and covering approximately 6000 miles.' On 13 June 2016, Lucy had reached Penzance, having walked so far a total of 2574 miles.
Every step moves us closer to beating MS 'Whether you choose to walk in the UK or beyond, your efforts will make a real difference to people who live with MS every day. Whatever your preference or ability, we have the challenge for you!'
'This site has grown from the Walk Eryri website (that was established way back in 2004) and the author’s desire to create a home for all the excellent free walking routes created online by indy websites and other organisations. We intend to provide the UK’s largest single database of mapped and fully explained free routes, not just some route plot with a sentence, with a route plotter to follow ...'
Recently Added Listings
- *Sherpa ExpeditionsCategory: Across the UK
- *EasyWaysCategory: Scotland
- England Coast Path - Camber to FolkestoneCategory: KentDistance (miles): 29
- *HikideasCategory: Across the UK
- England Coast Path - Filey Brigg to North GareCategory: North YorkshireDistance (miles): 68
- Ullswater WayCategory: EdenDistance (miles): 20
- Two Roses WayCategory: LancashireDistance (miles): 96
- *Berkshire WalkersCategory: Berkshire
- *Medal Routes - Aberdeen CityCategory: City of Aberdeen
- *Lucy's Walk Around BritainCategory: Across the UK
- *Lancashire Parks & GardensCategory: Lancashire
- Scottish Coast-to-Coast WalkCategory: ArgyllshireDistance (miles): 128
- Tan Hill Inn WalkCategory: RichmondshireDistance (miles): 10
- *Dyrham ParkCategory: South GloucestershireSize (acreage): 270
- *Gazetteer for ScotlandCategory: Paths & Trails in UK Local Government
- Shropshire Countryside Access and Public Rights of WayCategory: Shropshire
- *Walking in CumbriaCategory: Cumbria
- *WithinWarwickshireCategory: Warwickshire
- Harlech Town History TrailCategory: Merioneth
- Craik Muir Roman RoadCategory: RoxburghshireDistance (miles): 8
- *Ramblers - Sussex AreaCategory: Sussex
- Jane Eyre Hathersage TrailCategory: Derbyshire DalesDistance (miles): 6
- *Crychan ForestCategory: Brecknockshire
- *Anglesey Walking HolidaysCategory: Anglesey
- *Creative Rural Communities 'Vale Trails'Category: Vale of Glamorgan
- Barrow Circle TrailCategory: West DorsetDistance (miles): 6
- St Birinus Pilgrimage Route: Churn Knob - DorchesterCategory: South OxfordshireDistance (miles): 11
- Tramway TrailCategory: Aylesbury ValeDistance (miles): 6
- *Langport Two Day Walking FestivalCategory: South Somerset
- *National Sculpture Trail DirectoryCategory: Across the UK
- *Milton Keynes CouncilCategory: Milton Keynes
- *Holy Ghost CemeteryCategory: Basingstoke & DeaneSize (acreage): 3
- *Hartsholme Country Park and Swanholme Lakes Local Nature ReserveCategory: LincolnSize (acreage): 200
- *Finlaystone Country EstateCategory: RenfrewshireSize (acreage): 140
- Public Rights of Way in RutlandCategory: Rutland
- Cuilcagh WayCategory: Fermanagh & OmaghDistance (miles): 20
- *Hook Common and Bartley HeathCategory: HartSize (acreage): 330
- *Kent Health WalksCategory: Kent
- *Monmouth - Walkers Are WelcomeCategory: Monmouthshire
- Up & Doon Guided WalksCategory: Scotland
- *Plymouth RamblersCategory: Plymouth
- Sandwood BayCategory: SutherlandDistance (miles): 8
- *Global Adventure ChallengesCategory: Across the UK
- Rhondda RollercoasterCategory: Rhondda Cynon TafDistance (miles): 27
- Leamington and Warwick Riverside WalkCategory: WarwickDistance (miles): 4
- Rogation Sunday Boundary WalkCategory: MaidstoneDistance (miles): 8
- Nottingham Architectural Ale TrailCategory: Nottingham
- *Britain's Best Accessible Woods and Nature TrailsCategory: Across the UK
- Along the River Valley to Earls ColneCategory: BraintreeDistance (miles): 6
- Roadway Arts Walking TrailCategory: RedditchDistance (miles): 2
- >>> ALL Listings