Across the UK
'Welcome to my walking diary, which I started in January 2013 in order to store memories and revisit happy days spent on the fells and elsewhere ...' Includes a brief description of the walk, (delightful) photographs, and a route map for - so far - some 250 walks, concentrating on the Lake District, North Yorks and East Yorks, but with some walks elsewhere.
'Hi. I like walking in the UK and from 2001 onwards I have been busy trying to do as many National Trails, LDPs, Regional Routes and Local walks as possible. Occasionally a mountain climb, or cycle ride gets chucked into the mix and I will bung the details up on my site - the general tone involves mockney and some self deprication!'
'This is a site to share baby friendly walks and walking routes, connect with other outdoor parents, find baby friendly outdoor groups and activities and review the kit that helps get ourselves and our little ones out the door.'
'Created and led by the Outdoor Industries Association, Britain on Foot™ is a campaign to inspire our nation. A campaign that’ll encourage more people in Britain to get active outdoors and one that aims to support the many hundreds of local, regional and national Outdoor initiatives already in place today while in the long run, gain national recognition as a simple call to action - "It's Great Outdoors!"'
'Not knowing what to expect when you get to a wood is particularly difficult for people with disabilities where stiles, gates, toilets and other facilities might be unsuitable for wheelchair or scooter users. That’s why VisitWoods is working with volunteers and partner organisations such as DisabledGo and Fieldfare Trust, to provide online access guides that give visitors the information they need to decide for themselves if a wood is suitable to visit or not ...' Note that the Website originally cited here seems no longer accessible.
'We have been offering walking and cycling holidays here in the Cotswolds and across the British Isles since 1993. A sister company, World Walks, offers self-guided walking and cycling holidays in Europe and beyond.'
'Discover hikes and treks in the UK and abroad and sign up for the experience of a lifetime. Take on a charity challenge, get fit, soak up the stunning scenery and fundraise to join the fight for every heartbeat.'
'BHS Ridemaps provides a map of riding routes with waymark information intended to enable you to explore new country with your horse ... Many routes shown have been developed for riders or multi-use ... Most routes use bridleways or other rights of way where horse use is allowed.'
'Almost every British canal, whether navigable, derelict or under restoration is described here. Many river navigations (including all of the Norfolk Broads waterways) are also included.Each waterway also has a detailed description of its route. Where possible, we have included up to date instructions on where to find interesting features along the waterway. Brief descriptions on how to reach these features are often included.'
Peter Hardcastle | CanalRoutes.org
'As the name implies this club runs I.V.V. accredited permanent trails (year rounds) in the capital cities of England Wales and Scotland:  Westminster . . . :  Cardiff - - - :  Edinburgh City - - - :  Edinburgh Britannia ... All city trails are easily accessible by public transport, they all either start and finish at a rail or Underground station which have good week and week-end services.'
'A Challenge Event is a walk mostly on footpaths and other Public Rights of Way (PROWs), across open fields and moors, avoiding tarmac as much as possible. The challenge is to the individual, e.g. 30 miles in 10 hours, it is NOT a race. The distances include at least one option over 20 miles - commonly 25, 26.2 ( Marathon) - with walks over 50 miles, e.g. 62 miles (100 kilometres) in 26 hours giving qualification for the LDWA's "flagship" Event, held over the Spring Bank Holiday weekend in a different part of the country each year, namely, a Hundred Miles in 48 hours, with a limit of 500 participants.'
Christian Aid Sponsored Walks 'Register for a sponsored walk and help fight poverty step by step. Our walks are not only a fantastic family day out, they also make a real difference to people living in poverty across the world.'
'There are over 2,000 miles of canals and rivers meandering every contour of England, Wales and Scotland. An unhurried parallel world, where you can completely switch off, ditch the daily grind and discover the slowest treasures of beautiful Britain. Go for a walk, a bike ride with the kids, a day out in the open air or have fun simply messing about in boats. '
'Walking is a great way to exercise. It can be done at any pace and all of the family can take part. It's a fun, safe activity that helps you get in shape while raising money for Diabetes UK. Since diabetes can increase the risk of foot problems, we recommend the use of good-fitting walking shoes that are wide and deep, as well as wearing cotton socks. So why not join in, meet new people and have some fun? ...'
'I continue to offer my pesonal knowledge of the beautiful countryside of England, Scotland, Ireland and Wales and to advise the best options both for independent travel and for guided tours. I am able to "tailor" any of the walking and hiking tours and holidays to suit your requirements; in terms of days, mileage walked, hotel or B&B category or location.'
Recently Added Listings
- *Sherpa ExpeditionsCategory: Across the UK
- *EasyWaysCategory: Scotland
- England Coast Path - Camber to FolkestoneCategory: KentDistance (miles): 29
- *HikideasCategory: Across the UK
- England Coast Path - Filey Brigg to North GareCategory: North YorkshireDistance (miles): 68
- Ullswater WayCategory: EdenDistance (miles): 20
- Two Roses WayCategory: LancashireDistance (miles): 96
- *Berkshire WalkersCategory: Berkshire
- *Medal Routes - Aberdeen CityCategory: City of Aberdeen
- *Lucy's Walk Around BritainCategory: Across the UK
- *Lancashire Parks & GardensCategory: Lancashire
- Scottish Coast-to-Coast WalkCategory: ArgyllshireDistance (miles): 128
- Tan Hill Inn WalkCategory: RichmondshireDistance (miles): 10
- *Dyrham ParkCategory: South GloucestershireSize (acreage): 270
- *Gazetteer for ScotlandCategory: Paths & Trails in UK Local Government
- Shropshire Countryside Access and Public Rights of WayCategory: Shropshire
- *Walking in CumbriaCategory: Cumbria
- *WithinWarwickshireCategory: Warwickshire
- Harlech Town History TrailCategory: Merioneth
- Craik Muir Roman RoadCategory: RoxburghshireDistance (miles): 8
- *Ramblers - Sussex AreaCategory: Sussex
- Jane Eyre Hathersage TrailCategory: Derbyshire DalesDistance (miles): 6
- *Crychan ForestCategory: Brecknockshire
- *Anglesey Walking HolidaysCategory: Anglesey
- *Creative Rural Communities 'Vale Trails'Category: Vale of Glamorgan
- Barrow Circle TrailCategory: West DorsetDistance (miles): 6
- St Birinus Pilgrimage Route: Churn Knob - DorchesterCategory: South OxfordshireDistance (miles): 11
- Tramway TrailCategory: Aylesbury ValeDistance (miles): 6
- *Langport Two Day Walking FestivalCategory: South Somerset
- *National Sculpture Trail DirectoryCategory: Across the UK
- *Milton Keynes CouncilCategory: Milton Keynes
- *Holy Ghost CemeteryCategory: Basingstoke & DeaneSize (acreage): 3
- *Hartsholme Country Park and Swanholme Lakes Local Nature ReserveCategory: LincolnSize (acreage): 200
- *Finlaystone Country EstateCategory: RenfrewshireSize (acreage): 140
- Public Rights of Way in RutlandCategory: Rutland
- Cuilcagh WayCategory: Fermanagh & OmaghDistance (miles): 20
- *Hook Common and Bartley HeathCategory: HartSize (acreage): 330
- *Kent Health WalksCategory: Kent
- *Monmouth - Walkers Are WelcomeCategory: Monmouthshire
- Up & Doon Guided WalksCategory: Scotland
- *Plymouth RamblersCategory: Plymouth
- Sandwood BayCategory: SutherlandDistance (miles): 8
- *Global Adventure ChallengesCategory: Across the UK
- Rhondda RollercoasterCategory: Rhondda Cynon TafDistance (miles): 27
- Leamington and Warwick Riverside WalkCategory: WarwickDistance (miles): 4
- Rogation Sunday Boundary WalkCategory: MaidstoneDistance (miles): 8
- Nottingham Architectural Ale TrailCategory: Nottingham
- *Britain's Best Accessible Woods and Nature TrailsCategory: Across the UK
- Along the River Valley to Earls ColneCategory: BraintreeDistance (miles): 6
- Roadway Arts Walking TrailCategory: RedditchDistance (miles): 2
- >>> ALL Listings